Holy Shit! Robbin Williams died!!!

I just heard it on the news. It looks like suicide. Weird!!!

Ba'al Chatzaf

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep.

Apparently he was about to re-enter a re-hab to get "sober."

Winters, Carlin and Williams

now there are three (3) hitters in my line-up.

A...

The actor Robin Williams died on Monday morning, his publicist, Mara Buxbaum, said in a statement.

Mr. Williams, 63, had been battling severe depression recently, the statement said.

Recent Comments

Tom Parkins 6 minutes ago

A genius. Troubled Genius that made everyone who heard him happier. So sad.

Kimberley 6 minutes ago

I am so shocked and teary by this tragic news. A gifted actor, his range and depth as a comedian had me laughing at his crazy antics for...

Eugene Gorrin 6 minutes ago

What a tragic loss. Just heard ABC News' Special Report about Robin Williams' death. Was waiting for this NY Times report to come out. ...

• See All Comments
  • Write a comment

“This is a tragic and sudden loss,” the statement said. “The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”

Mr. Williams was found unconscious at his home in Tiburon, Calif., around noon on Monday, the Marin County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement. His death appeared to be a suicide due to asphyxia, the statement said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/12/movies/robin-williams-oscar-winning-comedian-dies-at-63.html?emc=edit_na_20140811&nlid=53564225&_r=0

He made me laugh. Mrs. Doubtfire & Good Morning Vietnam immediately come to mind. R.I.P. Robin.

Doubtfire was a shot across the bow of the criminal enterprise that became Family Law in most states and continue to use children as inventory for the state.

Truly sad.

I have this fantasy. Suddenly Robin Williams will stop pretending he is dead, he will sit up and say Nanu Nanu.

The exuberant humour seemed isolated to the rest of his mobile face.

Interesting Tony, you describe his face as you might, "see" it, through your "artist's" lens.

You and Jules should start a "corner."

A...

His self destruction teaches a valuable lesson:

Depression can kill.

I also thought he always had sort of sad eyes and am not that surprised to hear he committed suicide even though I hadn't heard that he was battling depression. For some, it seems like humor is a way to hide or battle mental anguish but the effort is ultimately futile. Acting silly when seriousness is required trivializes that which is important to the self and ultimately trivializes the self. Don't get me wrong; I like humor; I used to watch Jay Leno; but, I usually found it painful to watch Robin Williams.

Darrell

Talent, fame, and wealth are not what life is about.

Greg

Yes serotonin figures in somewhere, too.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Depression can kill.

Depression is only a symptom, not a cause.

Traced back to its source, you find anger.

Anger is hurling a boomerang out at others.

Depression is when the boomerang returns

to the thrower.

Greg

Greg

Ba'al Chatzaf

Yeah, Bob... that's the monkey paradigm. If people could only ingest just the right combinations of pharmaceuticals, heck, they'd be just fine. So far no one has found the right combination...

...and they never will.

Greg

Greg

Ba'al Chatzaf

Yeah, Bob... that's the monkey paradigm. If people could only ingest just the right combinations of pharmaceuticals, heck, they'd be just fine. So far no one has found the right combination...

...and they never will.

Greg

you could probably find the right combination or gene therapy for one person but you'd have to start from scratch mixing to treat the next person

Greg

Ba'al Chatzaf

...and they never will.

Greg

antidepresents fixed me up just fine. They do work and they work well

Unlike you, I am physical down to the sub atomic level. I don't have mind, but I do have a brain and nervous system that work well enough to produce intelligence. There is nothing about me or in me that is not physical. I am a child of the universe and the universe is completely physical, every last bit of it.

I am a primate Mark 2.5 (Aspies are an intermediate step to the next phase of human evolution).

Ba'al Chatzaf

Greg

Ba'al Chatzaf

...and they never will.

Greg

antidepresents fixed me up just fine. They do work and they work well

They're great for controlling symptoms...

...without addressing causes.

Unlike you, I am physical down to the sub atomic level.

Well... that rules out love. :wink:

Greg

Had a neighbor who exhibited extreme depression. He had a wife who was bedridden whom he cared for. It was quite a task, he said, and very depressing. Add to that he was on stimulants, sedatives & antibiotics. I had urged him to try some aerobic activity (swimming, treadmill etc.) to relieve his stress. I suggested he might feel better as a result. Just 2 days after I spoke with him he shot himself.

Looking back I wished I could have done more to help. Maybe he was just beyond help.

-J

Greg

Ba'al Chatzaf

...and they never will.

Greg

you could probably find the right combination or gene therapy for one person but you'd have to start from scratch mixing to treat the next person

Believe me, Derek... they're trying! :laugh:

That's the Holy Grail of the narcoculture. The magic drug that will make people behave as if they're good...

...without actually learning how to be good.

Greg