Banking Cyber Attack?

dennislmay

The small town I work in has 4 banks - all 4 ATMs are out of service. One has been out for a week from software problems, one since Wednesday from software problems and two went out this morning - one with the same symptoms as the one that been out for a week. Even two failures in one town has never happened to me anywhere I have ever lived in my life. I started using ATMs regularly since 1983 in Omaha. All 4 are different independent banks and only two have the same vending company. The two with the same vendor quit a week apart.

Early this morning on Fox News on-line there was a big story about the danger of cyber attacks - now the story is gone.

Just weird.

Dennis

Dennis:

Interesting.

The last two (2) may have been impacted by the "solar storm" from the other day.

Adam

Dennis:

Interesting.

The last two (2) may have been impacted by the "solar storm" from the other day.

Adam

It could be a software problem with the local phone company or the banking vendor impacting 2-3 of 4 and one down by coincidence. If all 4 are all down from software it is quite the deal. I guess a satellite used by banking could explain part of it. There was an Internet issue locally that happened the same day as one of the banking ATM outages - same phone company so they may have a virus problem. The internet issue was something wiping passwords on routers.

Dennis

I just talked to a local friend of mine and he said all of the ATM's in Kirksville, MO went out at the same time about a month ago.

That would be approximately 15-20 ATM's.

Dennis

On that very same day none of the ATMs in Monroe Township NJ went out.

Ba'al Chatzaf