Lord Stanley I Presume?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, betting on Hockey is weird!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/odds;_ylt=Alap3o8.wMOqch8D_M5A1R57vLYF

Best as I can understand the first game:

Devils are favored by 1 1/2 goals; the + and - values that you see are in relation to a $100.00 base. You would bet $100.00 on the underdog Kings and if they win game one (1) you would get 260.00 or gain $160.00. If you pick the Devils for $100.00 and they lose, you would have to give the bookie $320.00.

You can also bet on the number of goals scored in the game, so in this first game it is 4 1/2 - which is the over under and also the number following the 4 1/2 is number based on the $100.00 bet.

Got it? Now I have to find the odds for the series...

Series odds also based on $100.00 bet -CORRECTION Kings are the underdogs favorites

Kings are 8-5 favorites to win the series.

Devils have the home ice advantage, better record and experience - they won a Cup in 2003.

Los Angeles Kings Win Stanley Cup -175

New Jersey Devils Win Stanley Cup +155

I see a 4-1 outcome, but for series or for May 30, I cannot tell! I will say Devils for tonites contest. As to ultimate Cupbearers I just cannot predict. I am of course for LA and its 13 stalwart Canadian members.

See my correction.

I, of course, will have to go down to the bitter end with the Devils.

Devils in seven (7).

Tonight Devils 4 Kings 3...so the over in goals for the game

And they will not cover the 1 1/2 goal spread.

There is no way I would actually bet on hockey except for the entire series. Game by game with a goal and a half is nuts.

I will say it seems your odds are all based on past performance - no use in final!! Defenstration comes to mind.

Carol:

How can you base odds on anything but past performance!! Women!! Aagh!

Zach Parise vs Jonathan Quick. Dustin Brown vs. Martin Brodeur. Should be interesting, to put it mildly.

We shall see if the Kings can keep their juggernaut (or is it a zamboni?) rolling—or if their record 8-0 road playoff record comes to an end tonight. An eighth seed (the Kings) facing a sixth seed (the Devils). Whichever team wins, they will be the lowest seed ever to hoist the trophy.

If the Kings take game one, it’s all over. The fairy tale has a happy ending, and Lord Stanley goes on permanent display in Tinseltown. He will be a sight for sore eyes. Heck. Maybe we’ll give him a star on the Walk of Fame.

The script has already been written. Everyone secretly knows the Kings come out on top. The hero gets the girl. The bad guys get out of Dodge on the noon train, devil’s tails between their respective legs.

Fuggedaboudit.

Mystics!!!!

Get thee to a séance!!!!

Which one of these evil devils is your goalie?

John_Beattie_Eugene_Rochas_seance.jpg

This is going to be an interesting 3rd period...

the Kings are clearly the better team tonight...however...I saw some stirrings of the ghosts of 40 year old goalies in the mists rising from the swamps...Jacques Plant...maybe ...

This is going to be an interesting 3rd period...

the Kings are clearly the better team tonight...however...I saw some stirrings of the ghosts of 40 year old goalies in the mists rising from the swamps...Jacques Plant...maybe ...

Daccord!Jake le Snake vive en tous les Montrealois comme Brodeur!

You guys clearly the better team tonight....congrats

Told y’all. The script has already been written. I never doubted our guys for a second.

The moment Kopitar scored that last goal in OT, I knew the game was in the bag.

Translation: Whew! That was close!

You have to be either a fanatic or seriously unbalanced to post on this thread.

--Brant

get help--people care

prettymuchperect2.png

lol.

Poor Adam is outnumbered at present and needs a pal...come on, be a Devil...

Please...a Canadian and a Los Angelean! Hell, that doesn't even make enough to form a complete victim in New York City and it's environs.

lol.

Please...a Canadian and a Los Angelean! Hell, that doesn't even make enough to form a complete victim in New York City and it's environs.

lol.

You said it, bro. Remember in New Joisey you never walk alone!

-Cousin Carmine