Coolidge was cool...

moralist

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Moralist has asserted that "people who complain the government is robbing them. . .means that they are robbing someone else."

I'll make that even clearer, Frank.

Your whining that the government is taking from you means that you're taking from someone else. That's how moral law works. I understand you fantasize yourself as an innocent victim of government oppression, but the reality is that you're the only one who can screw yourself over by your own lack of values...

...and you're getting exactly what you deserve.

Greg

First of all, if it's true that I'm "taking from someone else," then you should be able to answer the following questions:

1. Exactly whom did I take something from?

2. What exactly did I take?

3. When and where did this taking take place?

4. What evidence (testimony, fingerprints, fibers, DNA) is there that a taking took place?

Sorry to put you to any trouble, but in most parts of the United States people generally put together a group of facts, called a "case," before accusing someone else of taking something. It's a politeness thing.

Secondly, if I am "getting exactly what I deserve," then it follows that what I have legitimately belongs to me and was not taken from anyone.

Finally, doesn't your whining that I have taken from someone else mean that you have taken from someone else?

There are two kinds of people... fliers and fallers.

One thing is for sure, I'm a flapper.

Gotta flap like hell...

:smile:

Michael

That's how fliers fly, Michael. :wink:

Greg

First of all, if it's true that I'm "taking from someone else," then you should be able to answer the following questions:

The essence of those questions have already been answered by yourself with your continual complaining that the government is robbing you, Frank. I know your kind well. Perpetrators claim to be victims of what they do to others. What goes around comes around, and you certainly aren't an exception to that moral law.

Greg

Logic meets Greg logic loses.

You'll never find any real winning and losing on a virtual internet forum, Brant.

It can be found only in the objective reality of our own lives.

Greg

"The most unresolved problem of the day is precisely

the problem that concerned the founders of this nation:

how to limit the scope and power of government.

Tyranny, restrictions on human freedom,

come primarily from governmental restrictions

that we ourselves have set up."

-- Milton Friedman

Logic meets Greg logic loses.

You'll never find any real winning and losing on a virtual internet forum, Brant.

It can be found only in the objective reality of our own lives.

Greg

Babble on you babbling fools

Soon enough reality rules

Little Johnny doesn't go to school

He stays home with parents' gruel

The Founding Fathers they owned slaves,

Some of them, anyway

It matters not what Constitutions say,

All are just a bunch of hay

Ayn Rand slaved away

For "pie in the sky" but not her day

(She had some anyway)

--Babbling Burt

"The most unresolved problem of the day is precisely

the problem that concerned the founders of this nation:

how to limit the scope and power of government.

Tyranny, restrictions on human freedom,

come primarily from governmental restrictions

that we ourselves have set up."

-- Milton Friedman

That's a beautiful truth, Adam.

Note how he rightfully places responsibility for what government is on the citizens.

Greg

Your argument has merit.

Not sure if enough merit to be a truth.

However, it does cut to the basics.

I still think that there is an accidental strike mentality loose in America.

Together with the "why bother approach" that I see in many men who are between 25 and 40 ish that have been beaten and defeated mentally by the gender feminist agenda.

A...

The essence of those questions have already been answered by yourself with your continual complaining that the government is robbing you, Frank. I know your kind well. Perpetrators claim to be victims of what they do to others. What goes around comes around, and you certainly aren't an exception to that moral law.

Greg

If my answers are what matters, then let's review them:

Q: Did you take something that belongs to someone else?

Ferrer: No.

Q: Are taxes a form of theft?

Ferrer: Yes.

Q: Do you deserve to be taxed?

Q: Does anyone deserve to be taxed?

Thanks, Morrie, for giving me a chance to clear up any misconceptions.

Greg: Are you victim of the government?

Frank: Yes.

Greg: It's your own damned fault for not living like an American.

Greg

Your argument has merit.

Not sure if enough merit to be a truth.

However, it does cut to the basics.

I still think that there is an accidental strike mentality loose in America.

Together with the "why bother approach" that I see in many men who are between 25 and 40 ish that have been beaten and defeated mentally by the gender feminist agenda.

A...

The lack-of-worker statistics are stunning...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-05-08/americans-not-labor-force-rise-record-93194000

Not%20in%20Labor%20Force_0.jpg

But I don't know if I'd blame the liberal female agenda for that, as it seems to be more of an effect of males failing to become men rather than a cause.

Greg

Greg: Are you victim of the government?

Frank: Yes.

Greg: It's your own damned fault for not living like an American.

Frank: Living like an American means speaking out against evil.

Just as there were "Good Germans" who "overlooked atrocities while denying personal moral responsibility by appeal to his submission to supposedly legitimate authority," so there are Americans who do the same with regard to their own government.

Better to pass judgment than to acquiesce in evil.

But I don't know if I'd blame the liberal female agenda for that, as it seems to be more of an effect of males failing to become men rather than a cause.

Greg

Whoa...skippy, I said gender-feminist.

Greg

Whoa...skippy, I said gender-feminist.

Maybe to me it's something different than it is for you, Adam.

Could you define gender-feminist?

Thanks,

Greg

Could you define gender-feminist?

Thanks,

Greg

No problem.

Equity feminism and gender feminism are two kinds of feminism that were first defined by scholar Christina Hoff Sommers in her 1994 book Who Stole Feminism?[1] She describes equity feminism as having the ideological objective of equal legal rights for men and women and gender feminism as having the objective of counteracting sexism and patriarchic social structures in everyday social and cultural practice. Sommers is herself a strong advocate of what she calls equity feminism and a critic of what she calls gender feminism.

Sommers contends that "Most American women subscribe philosophically to the older 'First Wave' kind of feminism whose main goal is equity, especially in politics and education".[1] However, Sommers also argues that equity feminism is a minority position in academia, formalized feminist theory, and the organized feminist movement as a whole, who tend to embrace gender feminism.

Our George's ex Wendy McElroy is not a gender feminist. Nor is Camille Paglia whom I have quoted extensively.

Feminists who identify themselves with equity feminism include Jean Bethke Elshtain, Christina Hoff Sommers, Elizabeth Fox-Genovese, Noretta Koertge, Donna Laframboise, Mary Lefkowitz, Carrie Lukas, Wendy McElroy, Camille Paglia, Daphne Patai, Virginia Postrel, Alice Rossi, Nadine Strossen, Joan Kennedy Taylor, Cathy Young, and evolutionary psychologist Steven Pinker.[3]

Our own Sharon Presley is also on the same page:

Presley, Sharon (2001). Think For Yourself: Questioning Pressures to Conform. Ronin Publishing.

––– (2000). ‘No Authority But Oneself: The Anarchist Feminist Philosophy of Autonomy and Freedom.’ Social Anarchism 27 (Fall–Winter).

Presley, Sharon and Lynn Kinsky (1991). ‘Government is Women's Enemy.’ In McElroy (1991): 77–86.

Presley, Sharon and Chrispin Sartwell (eds.) (2005). Exquisite Rebel: Essays of Voltairine De Cleyre- Feminist, Anarchist, Genius. Albany: State University of New York.

In contrast to equity feminism, Sommers coined the term "Gender feminism" to describe what she contends is a gynocentric branch of feminism. Gender feminists typically criticize contemporary gender roles and aim to eliminate them altogether.[1]

Sommers argues that gender feminism characterizes most of the body of modern feminist theory, and is the prevailing ideology in academia. She argues that while the feminists she designates as gender feminists advocate preferential treatment and portray "all women as victims", equity feminism provides a viable alternative form of feminism to those who object to elements of gender feminist ideology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equity_and_gender_feminism

This next section is from the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy on Equity Feminism, which is what I called "feminism" and distinct from "gender feminism."

2.2 Equity Feminism

Equity feminism is a form of classical-liberal or libertarian feminism that holds that feminism's political role is simply to ensure that everyone's, including women's, right against coercive interference is respected (Sommers 1994, 22). Wendy McElroy, an equity feminist writes: “I've always maintained that the only reason I call myself a feminist is because of [the] gov[ernment]. By which I mean, if the government (or an anarchist defense assoc[iation]) acknowledged the full equal rights of women without paternalistic protection or oppression, I would stop writing about women's issues” (McElroy 1998c).

Feminism's political role involves assuring that women's right against coercive interference by private individuals is recognized and protected by the state (for example women's right against groping on the street or rape within marriage (McElroy 1991a)), and that women's right against coercive interference by the state itself is respected. The latter means feminists should object to laws that restrict women's liberty in particular (for example laws that limit women's employment options (Taylor 1992, 228)), and laws that protect women in particular (for example laws granting preferential treatment to women (Paul 1989)). Equity feminists suggest that this has been largely accomplished in countries like the United States. Joan Kennedy Taylor explains: feminism's “goal of equal political liberty for women has been pretty much reached in the United States” (Taylor 2001; see also Sommers 1994, 274).

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/feminism-liberal/#EquFem

A...

I want film of this...

Kathy Harding is Voting With Her Vagina...Hillary Clinton for President...

Me, I intend to vote with my vagina. Unapologetically. Enthusiastically. (Metaphorically, for those concerned about ending up in line behind me.) And I intend to talk about it.

During the 2008 Democratic primaries, I supported Hillary Clinton over Barack Obama for two main reasons:
1.She was older, which mattered to me a small amount in terms of experience, and a large amount in terms of the difference eight years would make. President Obama is younger than two of my siblings. If he ran today, at 53, he’d still be younger than most of his opponents. Hillary Clinton is now 67—in apparently great health, and willing to go through all this bullshit again, so more power to her! But now, in addition to the usual sexism coming her way, we’re about to endure 18 months of hearing what a shriveled old crone she is—and wouldn’t she be better off staying home and dandling wee Charlotte on her wrinkled knee? I was really hoping to avoid that.
2. She’s a woman, and President Obama is a man.

http://damemagazine.com/2015/04/14/i-am-voting-my-vagina-hillary-clinton-president

• 5 weeks later...

What's up with this vagina thingy?

Now, not only can you vote with it, now it takes money too!!!!

And apparently some of these vaginas dispense lot's of cash!

WASHINGTON -- Hillary Clinton will be in Washington, D.C., on Monday night for a fundraiser hosted by and attended by predominantly lesbian supporters.

About 120 people are expected to attend the event, which is being billed as "an intimate fundraiser" at the Woman's National Democratic Club. The cost to attend is $2,700 per person. For the more generous, those willing to bundle $27,000 ahead of the event also get to attend a special reception with Clinton.

The event is being hosted by Claire Lucas and her partner, Judy Dlugacz, who founded a travel company called Olivia, which sells cruises targeting the lesbian community. Lucas told The Huffington Post that she and Dlugacz decided a couple of weeks ago that they wanted to do something to support Clinton's presidential run, so they started reaching out to their network of contacts to gauge interest. The result is Monday's event, which Lucas estimates will be about 75 percent lesbian attendees from around the country. That's atypical for an LGBT political fundraiser, which are by and large organized and attended by gay men.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/08/hillary-clinton-lgbt_n_7535356.html?1433779889

Can't find an icon so use your image ination..

camel-smiley-emoticon.gif

What's up with this vagina thingy?

Now, not only can you vote with it, now it takes money too!!!!

And apparently some of these vaginas dispense lot's of cash!

For a liberal female a vagina is a hairy checkbook.

Greg

For a liberal female a vagina is a hairy checkbook.

Nasty.

Edited by william.scherk

Nasty Shudders...sounds like a linebacker...