Maybe taxes are good... mathematically

Derek McGowan

In order to prove that ending taxation is going to add an additional X number of dollars to the economy,

I never said it would again additional money. In fact I keep trying to say otherwise.

And by this remark

"Thus there will not be a greater number of dollars chasing the same or fewer goods. Therefore, no inflation."

it appears you are not following the specific form of inflation I'm using.

But its all good, thanks for your input

"Because if everyone's income went up then inflation would naturally knock out all gains."

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. Learn economics please. I could sit here and painstakingly explain the whole entire field of economis to you, or you could just go read about it, because I know from this one statement that you have not done that yet.

I'm sure you are well meaning, but please consider the following:

"It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a 'dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance."

- Murray Rothbard

"Because if everyone's income went up then inflation would naturally knock out all gains."

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. Learn economics please. I could sit here and painstakingly explain the whole entire field of economis to you, or you could just go read about it, because I know from this one statement that you have not done that yet.

"It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a 'dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance."

- Murray Rothbard

Well you are going to have to help me out a bit. Can you at least tell me where to look for your evidence that prices would not go up if everyone had more buying capacity.

Economics is a big field.

P.s. I am going with the "quantity theory of money"

- Murray Rothbard

Well you are going to have to help me out a bit. Can you at least tell me where to look for your evidence that prices would not go up if everyone had more buying capacity.

Economics is a big field.

P.s. I am going with the "quantity theory of money"

Most economists other than free market economists don't know their rear ends from a hole in the ground when it comes to economics.

Inflation is caused by government.

http://aynrandlexicon.com/lexicon/inflation.html <------ read this!

If all taxes were instantly abolished:

1. The total amount of money in the country would not be changed but it would be spent differently. Instead of government spending your money inefficiently, you would spend your money efficiently.

2. As a consequence of #1, goods and services would increase, moreover goods and services that you want.

3. Inflation and deflation have to do with the ratio of total money over total goods and services. Any inflation or deflation that might happen as a result of getting rid of all taxes would not be sustained. If it is not sustained, it is not a problem.

Prices merely going up here or there cannot be laid at the feet of inflation however defined as long as the definition refers to the general value of a dollar in this economy. The price of labor going up to a minimum wage per se cannot be called inflation or even inflationary. It does not account for businesses closing therefore or just cutting back on the workforce. Landlords raising rents merely results in more landlords and more rentals and the prices going back down in time, but it hasn't even been properly established that rents would go up. Are there now more workers seeking shelter, or fewer or the same? Etc. I predict unemployment will go up, not the dollar down.

--Brant