Any fans of "feelin good" music out there?

Backlighting

Can you imagine how unhappy those children would have been if they were forced to eat Michelle "My Bell" O'bama's school lunches?

food-and-drinks-lunch-810449.gif

• 3 weeks later...

This aught to bring back some memories!

Is it just me or is he singing some REALLY feel good music.

I'm thinking he is either dropping acid in which case kudos for being able to play guitar anddddd sing or he is half cooked on MDMA lol. Either way I like the song, these guys really paved the way for progressive rock/theatrical rock.

That's pretty cool!

I think of your photos when I see this one by the Steamroller...

I think we all want peace in our hearts and minds...

Happy Thanksgiving Jules...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know it seems like a song of woe, but surely those who have listened to this via Youtube 930,588,909

times were not looking for 'Feel Bad Music.' If they were, things are a lot worse than I thought.

Edited by william.scherk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I was feeling pangs of something, probably related to the awful news today, and was looking for an antidote. It didn't work on the pangs, but my jiggy knee is moving in rhythm.

The song actually has a few potential pangs in it, if not especially for Randians and Objectivish people. Rand woulda shoulda hated it, but I call it 'yon relatively innocent days' ...

• 3 weeks later...

David Phelps. I was flipping through the channels and hit RFD and they had The Gaither Gospel Show with David Phelps. It knocked my socks off. It had a few gospel songs but a lot of contemporary songs too. Although it had no dancing it still reminded me of a Celtic Woman show, with about 20 performers and back up singers. I looked up his concerts and he was booked in Tennessee and one show in Illinois which is too far for me to go. 70 bucks a seat.

That got me thinking about local shows and the Salisbury Civic Center had the British Invasion with dinner for 40 bucks in January but it was sold out. Rats.    

Let me tweek this thread. Who else is musically missing? Chris Isaak / Wicked Game is one of the best songs ever. Please relisten to it! In his video reprise of the Elvis song, Can’t Help Falling in Love Again, he had Brad Pitt in it. His Somebody’s Cryin surf video is great. His redoing of Roy Orbison’s Crying and Pretty Woman were excellent too. Yet he seems to have faded from view but he is doing a lot of touring in the west. I wish somebody would hand him another big hit so he would be replayed on the radio and TV.  

• 1 year later...
On 8/28/2014 at 1:08 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

How about a spacedrum with a cutie beating on it?

Awesome!

I never even knew what a spacedrum was before.

Feelin' real good...

Michael

EDIT: For those interested, this drum is a type of Hang called a Handpan. As usual with super-specialized things of this nature, there is a growing controversy over they purity of the Hang--it is no mere Handpan. :smile:

I quoted the above just to keep the handpans together.

I stumbled across an alluring handpan piece below.

Sometimes the woo-woo people do some lovely stuff.

Enchanted...

:)

Michael

EDIT: That one cuts off at the end. Here's a version that does not.

That opened my appetite to hear more handpan. So I went looking.

Some of the stuff I came across is pretty, but the piece below is special.

I didn't like the video, though. Oh, there's production in it, but I kept getting the same feeling as I do when I look at Hallmark cards--pretty but cliche. Besides, the handpans were recorded in a studio and the images grafted on like a lip-syncing video. 

When I close my eyes and listen, though. it's off to woo-woo land for me. 

I'm gone for a while...

And it's so good...

Delicate...

Glide...

Ice...

Michael

You could play some of the beautiful “Clair de Lune” with that instrument.

Claude Debussy (22 August 1862 – 25 March 1918) was a French composer. He is sometimes seen as the first Impressionist composer, although he vigorously rejected the term. He was among the most influential composers of the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

The player below doesn't get as much of an emotional groove going as the other handpan players above, but for those who like sheer virtuosity, he's amazing.

Man, all those different sounds from this thing...

Also, one poster (a guy named Bernie Rose) to the YouTube video made a comment that caught my eye.

"Find someone who looks at you the way this guy looks at his handpan."

Michael

• 1 month later...

Here's something completely different.

It's Christopher Walker dancing.

You know, the guy who plays mobsters and psychos and did the famous "I need more cowbell" skit on SNL.

Here he's dancing solo like Gene Kelly or Fred Astaire. Granted, more modern, but still like them.

Is the song "Come and Get Your Love" by Redbone a great song? Nope. But it's all right.

Does the choreography have anything to do with a story about invitation and/or seduction to wed with the lyrics? Nope. It's more of a sense of life dance, just happy to be alive kind of dance.

Christopher Walker a great dancer? Nope. But he's pretty good.

And this video. What about this video? 

Well... It a great video.

For one reason only.

You feel great after watching it. I don't know how the producers jelled together different elements that were just OK and elevate them to something fantastic, but it worked.

It's great.

This video was put up in 2014 and has over 1.7 million views right now. It's still getting views and comments.

One of the comments from a few days ago said it perfectly:

I don't know why this exists, but the world is a better place because of it.

I fully agree...

Michael

• Like 1

I looked around a little and this video, from 2010, originally had a different song: Fatboy Slim - Weapon Of Choice.

This version has over 45 million views.

I don't like it nearly as much as the version where a YouTube person switched the song to happy music.

I don't like the song in this original version. And I don't like the Mickey-Mousing with the music.

(To Mickey Mouse a video with music, you put music to the images like in old cartoon times where the character goes up some stairs and scales are played going up. The character comes down the stairs, scales are played going down. And so on.)

I wonder if CW has seen that other version.

I hope so.

Michael

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I looked around a little and this video, from 2010, originally had a different song: Fatboy Slim - Weapon Of Choice.

This version has over 45 million views.

I don't like it nearly as much as the version where a YouTube person switched the song to happy music.

I don't like the song in this original version. And I don't like the Mickey-Mousing with the music.

(To Mickey Mouse a video with music, you put music to the images like in old cartoon times where the character goes up some stairs and scales are played going up. The character comes down the stairs, scales are played going down. And so on.)

I wonder if CW has seen that other version.

I hope so.

Michael

I like the original version (and find both songs "happy", but diffrn't strokes, and all that...)

But the other one is cool, too. But why change it? Well...most likely to riff off of this, the intro to Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy movie , released in 2014 (which had a lot of moments like these, and even incorporated the music into the plot). If you liked the above, you might like the below.

• Like 1