NY City mayor losing support

Peter

Two plain clothes officers were shot when a car they were pulling over fled.

Chief Royster said that the officers were not targeted by the gunman — as occurred in the Dec. 20 fatal shooting of two officers in their patrol car in Brooklyn — but instead appeared to have been investigating a robbery when the shooting began.

“This is something that they came upon,” she said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/06/nyregion/two-new-york-police-officers-are-shot-in-the-bronx.html?emc=edit_na_20150105&nlid=53564225&_r=0

Ann Coulter is brilliant...

If you're wondering why New York City police officers keep turning their back on Mayor Bill de Blasio, let's review parts of the mayor's recent speech on the Eric Garner case that have been removed from the "Official Website of the City of New York."

I do not know if this is true or if she is being clever.

However, if these were in the speech, her refutation is just superior.

De Blasio said:

"I was the White House the other day, and the president of the United States turned to me and he said that [De Blasio son] Dante reminded him of what he looked like as a teenager."

Why does Obama think every black teenager looks like him? Does he think they all look alike?

So, if a young black man of 17 is walking down the street in NY City, in, let's say Sutton Place, with a school bag/carrier, well dressed and without a "hoodie" on, and a police officer asks him where he is headed, that young black male of 17 should be in fear of his life?

What dangers might lurk in New York City for a young black male?

"... we've had to literally train him as families have all over this city for decades in how to take special care in any encounter he has with the police officers who are there to protect him."

It must be awful having to tell your teenage son to never physically assault a police officer. I'm so lucky I'm white and have the liberty to lunge for cops' guns whenever I want.

Now to the primary reason there is a dead Eric Garner...it did not have to happen.

"(People have) said black lives matter. And they said it because it had to be said. ... Our history sadly requires us to say that black lives matter. ... We are dealing with centuries of racism that have brought us to this day. That is how profound the crisis is."

Somebody should tell black gang members that black lives matter.

As I have repeatedly tweeted, the correct chant for Garner's case is: Hey, de Blasio! Black lives matter more than your $%^&* tax money! What "brought us to this day" is not a "history" of racism; it's the left's maniacal pursuit of taxes -- the precise reason cops were arresting Eric Garner. He was selling untaxed cigarettes. He resisted arrest and, in the tussle, had a fatal heart attack.

There are more insights in her column.

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2015-01-07.html

• 3 weeks later...

The level of incompetency is astounding with this regime in City Hall...

We were watching the news conference, as we had lunch the other day, and, the interpreter for the "deaf" standing next to Big Bird, was so animated that he caught my eye and I mentioned it to our family here.

Little did I know that this "interpreter" was deaf and could not hear a word Mayor DeComeo was saying!!

Lamberton said the way he signs is more accessible to a wider swath of deaf people. The freelance interpreter first worked with the city a few months ago when Ebola was being discussed. He works with a hearing partner who translates what is being said into ASL, which Lamberton then puts into a form that's broadly understandable. At some of the recent mayoral briefings, that partner happened to be his wife.

Nepotism is fine, as long as you keep it in the family!

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/f56192d374e34d8b9af6b030680831f4/nyc-mayors-vibrant-deaf-interpreter-creates-his-own-storm

Apparently, the dude is watching another signer interpreter in the audience who is "relaying" what the marxist Mayor was babbling about!!

Really?

If accurate, is this the perfect example of incompetency with a doubled cost?

The deception is remarkable.

Does this interpreter have naked pictures of DeComeo as job security?

This type of layered incompetency, if true, is criminal.

If it is not criminal, does it not speak to the absolute disrespect that these marxists have for the citizen who slaves to provide them with the financial blood to continue bleeding the citizen dry.

A...