H.R. 2847 already passed, full effect on July 1, 2014, savings unprotected!

I want to know more about the guillotines!

On your back or on your stomach?

--Brant

~hammer~ ~hammer~ ~hammer~

You are so funny sometimes, Brant. I meant Gulch's brief mention above -- "Is that what the guillotines are for?"

If he truly believes there are guillotines (30 - 100,000 in all) warehoused by the federal government, I wonder what he bases his beliefs on, and what other debunked internet rumours he accepts as true. FEMA camps? Reptilians?

See this earlier mention, and Jerry's (jts) plaintive question: "What the hell does the USA government want with 30,000 guillotines?"

At the time Gulch seemed to be miffed that effort was taken to trace the rumour to source, and exposed the utter lack of evidence for the stockpile. Zany conspiracy beliefs seem to auto-spawn more ...

Edited by william.scherk

If 2016 passes and there is no martial law declared will you admit publicly that you are a crackpot?

I remember someone predicting that the 2012 election wouldn't happen and there'd be martial law etc. I'm not certain it was Gulch, but it might be worth looking for if you want to expose a bad track record.

PS: Calling Obama things like "O'biwan" and the like just makes you sound uneducated and vaguely racist.

Adam has been using "O'biwan" for a long time and I've never understood it, could someone spell out the joke for me? Obviously it's a reference to Star Wars, but I gather there's another subtext.

PS: Calling Obama things like "O'biwan" and the like just makes you sound uneducated and vaguely racist.

Adam has been using "O'biwan" for a long time and I've never understood it, could someone spell out the joke for me? Obviously it's a reference to Star Wars, but I gather there's another subtext.

There is no joke per se.

I was just using the word play to employ a lose metaphor to an Empire and it's suppression of human liberty.

It does not fit the characteristics of the good Jedi knight though.

gulch8 writes:

As usual no comments yet on the H.R. 2847 nonsense. Given the extent of the national debt the Feds are salivating over the money everyone is trying to protect or save either in their IRAs or in overseas accounts.

I hear rumors that the president has in mind a plan to mandate everyone with an IRA must hold ten percent in long term U.S. Treasury Bonds yielding next to nothing.

This is why I don't have an IRA...

Whoever sucks up to the government in order to get the illusion of entitled status has already offered their own neck to the government's noose.

We are the only ones who possess the power to hang ourselves.

Greg

deathwish writes:

It's not technically a coup if the process by which the administration gains additional powers is seen as legitimate.

PS: Calling Obama things like "O'biwan" and the like just makes you sound uneducated and vaguely racist. Also, the Obama administration has nothing to do with actual marxism.

Put that on your resume. It alone qualifies you for government employment.

Greg

deathwish writes:

It's not technically a coup if the process by which the administration gains additional powers is seen as legitimate.

PS: Calling Obama things like "O'biwan" and the like just makes you sound uneducated and vaguely racist. Also, the Obama administration has nothing to do with actual marxism.

Put that on your resume. It alone qualifies you for government employment.

Greg

Greg,

LOL...

I love the way you handle tut tut tutters...

:)

Michael

Brazil literally had a bloodless coup when the Military Dictatorship took over in 1964.

The Wikipedia article said a total of 7 people died, but these were spread throughout the country and were casualties during demonstrations, not military conflict.

The USA doesn't run the risk of anything near that. A bigger risk here would be a massive depression if the power system goes out, like with an electromagnetic pulse attack. Even in such a case, I think the possibility of Obama declaring martial law or some other form of dictatorial power grab extremely remote.

I easily see his stealth and creep for expanding executive power (just like his predecessors), but not coup.

Michael

I want to know more about the guillotines!

On your back or on your stomach?

--Brant

~hammer~ ~hammer~ ~hammer~

You are so funny sometimes, Brant. I meant Gulch's brief mention above -- "Is that what the guillotines are for?"

If he truly believes there are guillotines (30 - 100,000 in all) warehoused by the federal government, I wonder what he bases his beliefs on, and what other debunked internet rumours he accepts as true. FEMA camps? Reptilians?

See this earlier mention, and Jerry's (jts) plaintive question: "What the hell does the USA government want with 30,000 guillotines?"

At the time Gulch seemed to be miffed that effort was taken to trace the rumour to source, and exposed the utter lack of evidence for the stockpile. Zany conspiracy beliefs seem to auto-spawn more ...

Don't forget the Black Helicopters, many of which are stored in Warehouse 18.

Ba'al Chatzaf

There won't be any public debt collapse because the Fed will just print all the money it needs to pay that debt. As for private debt default, most goes back to the banks and the Fed will just run more money into the banks. The caveat is student loan default, not to the issuer of the debt, but to whom owes it for it's non-dischargeable in bankruptcy. The debt burden keeps young people from starting families and probably from obtaining good employment if they aren't making payments--or, a huge future drag on the economy. A country's trick is to have its public debt in its own currency. The possible resultant price inflation is both problematic apropos the more general status of the economy and outside the possibility of a debt collapse and the consequences of that. Now if the US government had a trillon dollars worth of Japanese government bond obligations (they gave us dollars for a promise to pay back in yen at a future date) and a yen for yen to get out of them and the Japanese sent gunboats to the west coast to collect the debt--that could cause a war. There is no such difficult obligation for everything is in dollars. Here's your $100,000,000,000 back, chump. Thanks for the loan. Want a do a trillion next? 30 years for 4%?

When is actual price inflation apt to appear? When the governemnt can no longer sell its bonds without running up interest rates. Even then it will simply monetize its debt and directly flood the country with funny money to pay its bills and the citizenry looses faith in its value getting rid of it faster and faster--velocity. With fewer goods and services available in a contracting economy this velocity drives up the price of goods and services there being less of those relative to the money to buy them as everybody rushes to get rid of increasingly worthless paper. Right now velocity is rather poor.

--Brant

don't cry for me Argentina; Argentina won't cry for you

Grandpa! Can I have a hundred dollars for an ice cream cone?

Ba'al Chatzaf