To face a world of men
Timid and shy and scared are you
Of things beyond your ken

You need someone older and wiser
Telling you what to do:
Dr. Comrade Sonia, PhD,
She'll take care of you

• 2 weeks later...

After 120 posts, in 118 of which S. Wissler has declared why his interlocutor is not worth talking to, he is still coming up with new reasons why (latest: undiagnosed Aspergers) and I believe he could keep it up forever and is the modern master of ad hominem.The original topic is lost in the mists of time. Kind of like the reason Solo exists.

Nevermind songs! Juliet was only fourteen, and Shakespeare had her engaged to some old creep and then he killed her off! What kind of mind would fantasize like that? If only Dr Diana had been there....

What would Dr. Dr. declare about these two sluty farm animals?

MOUNT PLEASANT (WWJ) – A Michigan judge has ruled a couple of teens dubbed “Romeo and Juliet” must wear electronic monitors and can’t have contact with each other, following their two-week getaway.

Jayden Thomas, 13, and Braxton Wood, 14 — who ran away on Aug. 26 — were found Sunday near Chicago.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/09/10/mid-michigan-teens-caught-on-the-run-will-be-monitored/

• 3 weeks later...

Monthly checkin. All quiet on the fronts. On OO, young healthy people are high-mindedly discussing Obamacare. On Solo, Ed Hudgins has responded manfully to Moeller's challenge about what TAS advises as action to bring about real, rational change. His answer, in brief: Support think tanks who write, speak, teach and reach out to the young, and to entrepreneurs who support think tanks like TAS.

Bonus photo of Stephen Hicks and Richard Dawkins. Hicks is passionately lecturing and beside him Dawkins is obviously fast asleep.

On RandFans, Betsy has published some groundbreaking new poetry by Brian Faulkner.

The "What is to be done" thread on Solo could be fun. Moeller is still pushing Hudgins to disclose a TAS action plan resulting from all the teaching, writing, speaking and reaching-out. What does he expect the poor guy to say? "We plan to buy a lot of guns and ammo and storm Capitol Hill and reinstate the Republic by force like our brave forefathers"?

TAS should put Pigero and Moeller in charge of their organization, since they've shown themselves to be awesome at attracting people to their cause, and not repelling them. Clearly they're experts at running outreach organizations and implementing concrete steps and tangible actions.

steps2.jpg

What would be done under a Pigero/Moeller administration? First, Pigero would do everything in his power to destroy Moeller and be rid of him. Then he'd whip TAS into shape and have the entire organization focus on the topic that's always been most important to Pigero: Saving "the culture" with his consumer's aesthetic tastes. Specifically, the concrete step would be to nag people into hating the music that Pigero hates.

Then if that doesn't succeed, TAS should go with the next best choice and put Phil Coates in charge.

Btw, Carol, that's not an image of Stephen Hicks with Drowsy Dawkins, but (Canadian-born) Stephen "Stinky" Pinker.

J

The "What is to be done" thread on Solo could be fun. Moeller is still pushing Hudgins to disclose a TAS action plan resulting from all the teaching, writing, speaking and reaching-out. What does he expect the poor guy to say? "We plan to buy a lot of guns and ammo and storm Capitol Hill and reinstate the Republic by force like our brave forefathers"?

Not everybody has the courage of a Moeller. I can't imagine (1) being a lawyer and (2) also being brave enough to post pithy comments related to topics on an Objectivist website.

Now that's uncommon courage or the very rarest kind. Such men likely need wheelbarrows for their balls, I tell ya....

Are you fishing? You are a lawyer who posts pithy comments on an Objectivist website.

I had the impression that MM is just starting out in his career. Perhaps he plans to attract a Roarkian clientele, and good for him.

Linz has re-proposed his own (same old) action plan: overthrow the government by force, water tree with martyr blood, disenfranchise all non-Tea Party voters and declare War on Islam.

Simple, selffull and straightforward. Why not have a practice run in NZ first, just to work out the kinks?

Are you fishing? You are a lawyer who posts pithy comments on an Objectivist website.

I had the impression that MM is just starting out in his career. Perhaps he plans to attract a Roarkian clientele, and good for him.

Daunce: I have never known you to be irony-impaired. Perhaps another futile hockey season has you off your game? No fishing here, just trying to be ironic...

Linz has re-proposed his own (same old) action plan: overthrow the government by force, water tree with martyr blood, disenfranchise all non-Tea Party voters and declare War on Islam.Simple, selffull and straightforward. Why not have a practice run in NZ first, just to work out the kinks?

Right. WHEN will Generalissimo Pigero install his proposed concrete steps? When will he take up arms and act, as opposed to continuing to merely fantasize on his little website?

J

Daunce: I have never known you to be irony-impaired. Perhaps another futile hockey season has you off your game? No fishing here, just trying to be ironic...

Sorry, did you say something? I was just contemplating the Leafs perfect win record for the season so far.

I could say I was subtly hinting that Solo is not the only home of the brave, and that here in OL do heroes dwell. But I don't think that would fly.

Jonathan, although IL Maestro says he is looking forward to the cataclysm, he does not wish it to occur until after he has completed his projects. If these are more works on Mario Lanza however, I for one would prefer the cataclysm.

In Dear Leader's latest he knuckles under to Moeller and reluctantly acknowledges that bloody revolution is just not practicable. Also he confirms Jonathan's observation that his Rational Rage is basically not political, but cultural. Like every Angry Elder in recorded history, he is horrified that the society into which he was born looks and sounds so different now; that youth are mostly illiterate and degenerate; that the societal markers of superiority which he mastered are no longer admired. That there is too much leadership these days and not enough followership. That he Don't Get No Respect.

Ed Hudgins shares some of Pigero's snobbishness and double standards when it comes to judgments of art and cultural blame. Both bitch about contemporary art while professing their love of Turandot, which promotes the message that man lacks volition and is instead a plaything of his libido. Pigero and Ed apparently identify with the story's hero being willing to sacrifice all that is rationally valuable in the name of pursuing mere physical beauty. Apparently they believe that a man is being virtuous in overlooking the fact that the woman he is physically obsessed with is a torturer and murderess. That's their "sense of life" and the way they think that the world "ought to be." That's apparently the type of culture that they're fighting for.

J

Right, I forgot! Once again I see the inestimable value of a leader who is expert in Ideological Semantics such as you

It strikes me that when looking for Romantic Realist heroes and heroines, Puccini is not exactly the go-to destination. Horny exploiters of teenagers (isn't Linz adamant against that sort of thing?), communicable- disease-spreading parasitic prostitutes, layabout self-described artists mooching off the productive... and that is only the operas I've seen! Good thing you warned me about Turandot, I will boycott it vigorously.

Poor Ed. Moeller keeps badgering him for concrete steps for the liberty-minded to take in these desperate times, after they have read articles and heard speeches. Ed has explained that he has articles and speeches to write and conferences to go to, but Moeller still seems to expect him to come back with a cement answer. Doesn't he realize the guy has a job to do?