Health & Wellness

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the quoted link:

http://www.drperlmutter.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Am_J_Clin_Nutr-2014-Te_Morenga-ajcn.113.081521-1.pdf

I don't see detailed information about what the people in the study ate. This is important because the body uses nothing in isolation. For example carrot juice is high in sugar, which feeds cancer. But as Dr. Patrick Vickers explains, the sugar in carrot juice does not have the same effect as sugar in some other foods. Remember context. Beware of studies that ignore context.

From the quoted link:

http://www.drperlmutter.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Am_J_Clin_Nutr-2014-Te_Morenga-ajcn.113.081521-1.pdf

I don't see detailed information about what the people in the study ate. This is important because the body uses nothing in isolation. For example carrot juice is high in sugar, which feeds cancer. But as Dr. Patrick Vickers explains, the sugar in carrot juice does not have the same effect as sugar in some other foods. Remember context. Beware of studies that ignore context.

From the quoted link:

Agreed. More investigation needs to be done.

But I love the taste of sugar!

-J

Comparisons made between antibiotic use in humans and antibiotic use in animals are not meaningful. Different drugs, different uses, different dosages, hugely different population, different methods of collecting data, not to mention that the most common drug-resistant human infections are neither food-borne nor possible to pass from animal to human.

It may be true that humans use too many antibiotics. It may also be true that too many antibiotics are given to animals. It is not logical to make those arguments based on the percentages of total used by humans vs animals.

Comparisons made between antibiotic use in humans and antibiotic use in animals are not meaningful. Different drugs, different uses, different dosages, hugely different population, different methods of collecting data, not to mention that the most common drug-resistant human infections are neither food-borne nor possible to pass from animal to human.

It may be true that humans use too many antibiotics. It may also be true that too many antibiotics are given to animals. It is not logical to make those arguments based on the percentages of total used by humans vs animals.

Good points.

Additionally, were control groups used?

A...

Which antibiotic used should be a consideration.

I suspect the effects & performance of some or all differ.

-J

Howard Lyman, former 4th generation rancher who refuses to eat meat, explains why the animals are given antibiotics. It's because they are sick. Why are they sick? He explains that too and it ain't pretty. Read his book "Mad Cowboy".

Howard Lyman was on the Oprah Winfrey show and he grossed Oprah out.

http://www.madcowboy.com/02_OP_Transcript.000.html

--- quote ---

Oprah: It has just stopped me cold from eating another burger!

--- end quote ---

That started a lawsuit against both Howard Lyman and Oprah Winfrey. Howard Lyman won because he told the truth.

• 9 months later...

Here we have the neurologist and endocrinologist discussing, from their unique perspective, the role

of different types of food consumed & how they affect your overall health...both positively & negatively.