Any fans of "feelin good" music out there?

Backlighting

rgarnold,

That is kinda cool. Nice hook. Odd aesthetics, but what the hell. You do it well.

I like following the score and lyrics in the video, too. What program did you use?

I had never heard of Hiromi Uehara, so I looked her up on YouTube. I came across an incredible theme and variations she did on Gershwin's "I've Got Rhythm." It's like she melded that tune with Rachmaninoff's "Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini." Some of the her variations are direct imitations of ole' Rocky (in the good sense).

In the YouTube comments, lots of people are saying she was recommended by Richard Dawkins. Well... I won't hold that against her. :)

Hoo-wa...

I like it.

:)

Michael

Michael,

I've lost count of the separate software solutions I had to find, at different stages of putting this together. But the final product was extruded by PowerDirector 13 from CyberLink. You have helped repay me for that much by providing my first compliment from overseas. I guess I can now call myself an odd, international aesthete! More of my madness is at www.cartoondebate.com

Hiromi Uehara's "I've Got Rhythm" makes repeated reference to "Rhapsody In Blue" too, unless I'm mixing memories. In any case I love her performance, so profoundly and perfectly poised!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Kyle Rush has always been a fav of mine, made me smile when I saw my kid listening to them when he was 15!

PS how have you been man? It's good to see ya!

I've been well. I've been working a lot, and attending university, so I don't have much time to post on the forums these days.

It's good to see you too, Jules.

Kyle Rush has always been a fav of mine, made me smile when I saw my kid listening to them when he was 15!

PS how have you been man? It's good to see ya!

I've been well. I've been working a lot, and attending university, so I don't have much time to post on the forums these days.

It's good to see you too, Jules.

Usually teenaged and other young posters here who go off to college leave and don't come back. Too much to do. Too much is different. Too much new and exciting. Too little time. Too much growth and change. Generally stability doesn't return until the late 20s.

--Brant

nothing wrong with that--just natural being natural

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You're welcome.

Any upbeat r&r riffs you care to post are welcomed. I certainly haven't heard them all.

-J

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...