How Can Their Actions Be Ethical On Any Level...

Selene

March 24, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Cops Gun Down Homeless Man For “Illegally Camping”

James Boyd was reportedly gunned down in the Sandia Foothills outside Albuquerque at 7:30 p.m. last Sunday after being confronted by officers for sleeping in an unauthorized area. Despite Albuquerque Police Chief Gorden Eden’s insistence that the recent officer involved shooting in the foothills was justified, it’s already under attack. KRQE News 13 showed the shooting video to an attorney and to a civil rights leader who both closely watch APD’s use of force. After watching the entire video, “I’m shocked, I’ve never seen a murder captured on videotape before,” said Joe Kennedy. Kennedy is an attorney who teamed with his wife Shannon to win a $10 million verdict against the city for APD’s wrongful shooting death of Kenneth Ellis in 2010.

Read more at http://conservativevideos.com/2014/03/cops-gun-homeless-man-illegally-camping/#eoITU87XTQYwkbLT.99

http://conservativevideos.com/2014/03/cops-gun-homeless-man-illegally-camping/

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

March 24, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Cops Gun Down Homeless Man For “Illegally Camping”

Share Tweet Email

pixel.gif0

pixel.gif-5

James Boyd was reportedly gunned down in the Sandia Foothills outside Albuquerque at 7:30 p.m. last Sunday after being confronted by officers for sleeping in an unauthorized area. Despite Albuquerque Police Chief Gorden Eden’s insistence that the recent officer involved shooting in the foothills was justified, it’s already under attack. KRQE News 13 showed the shooting video to an attorney and to a civil rights leader who both closely watch APD’s use of force. After watching the entire video, “I’m shocked, I’ve never seen a murder captured on videotape before,” said Joe Kennedy.

Read more at http://conservativevideos.com/2014/03/cops-gun-homeless-man-illegally-camping/#eoITU87XTQYwkbLT.99

So what's wrong?

The freaking jerk pulled a knife. You have no idea the risks cops have to face. I don't blame them for shooting him. If I was a cop I would have shot him too.

Kennedy is an attorney who teamed with his wife Shannon to win a $10 million verdict against the city for APD’s wrongful shooting death of Kenneth Ellis in 2010.

The parasites smell another fat jury award. :wink:

Greg

Aint nuthin you can do about it. Government gets to do whatever it pleases. Who governs the government? Nobody. Somebody says the Constitution. Nope. Paper no stop bullets.

Ayn Rand says government is supposed to protect rights. Why should it? Why should government give a shit about your rights? They have guns and you don't; why should they respect your rights?

The real purpose of government is to exploit the people. This Ayn Rand stuff is hogwash. Government will see to the welfare of the people, yeah like a farmer will see to the welfare of his cattle that he is preparing for slaughter. This is the way it always was and the way it always will be. Ayn Rand's political philosophy is a fantasy.

So what's wrong?

The freaking jerk pulled a knife. You have no idea the risks cops have to face. I don't blame them for shooting him. If I was a cop I would have shot him too.

Greeg:
I see, the individuaal who was "illegally" camping is approximately fifty (50) feet away and the four (4) or five (5) heavily armored and armed officers with an attack dog were justified in shooting him.
I truly respect your concept of a fair fight.
You dissappoint me with that stance you just took.
Extremely unchristian.
A...

Aint nuthin you can do about it.

You're right. That's completely outside of my sphere of personal influence.

I'm really glad they released the complete video of the whole incident including him pulling a knife, because it puts their actions into the proper perspective. The media will do their usual job of spinning it into another "poor innocent victim of government oppression" story, and the public will lap it up like dogs on vomit.

I'm not saying that the Police are always morally flawless. They're as capable of doing evil as is anyone else...

...but that's not it.

Greg

Greg:

I see, the individuaal who was "illegally" camping is approximately fifty (50) feet away and the four (4) or five (5) heavily armored and armed officers with an attack dog were justified in shooting him.

Yes.

The moment he pulled his knife.

You disappoint me with that stance you just took.

(shrug...)It's just a natural reaction from drinking the media's "innocent victim of government oppression" Koolaid.

Extremely unchristian.

You're utterly powerless to enforce judgment on what is or isn't Christian.

Only objective reality of what actually happens can hand down that final verdict.

Greg

I would rather the video show how the situation evolved. How is it the confrontation took place in what appears to be rather rugged and unpopulated terrain? What actions precipitated the confrontation? As it is, it appears the officers maneuvered themselves into a dangerous situation, there by endangering their own safety. From the video I saw the only message is "Resistance is futile".

You disappoint me with that stance you just took.

(shrug...)It's just a natural reaction from drinking the media's "innocent victim of government oppression" Koolaid.

Greg

Greg:

Try to remember who you are talking to, so don't even attempt to lay drinking that Koolaid on my intellectual table.

I do not think that way, so save that for some other individual that "feels" that way.

It ain't me.

A...

This wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened.

Wow! No shit, really, this has happened before? And here I thought I had the scoop of the 21st century...

It is one of the first ones where the officer was stupid enough to have his "helmet-cam" on and where it was realeased within a day of the "incident" murder.

It is one of the first ones where the officer was stupid enough to have his "helmet-cam" on and where it was realeased within a day of the "incident" murder.

It wasn't stupidity... the video accurately recorded the truth that their actions were entirely appropriate.

Greg

First, there was no reason to shoot the man at the distance they were at whether he had a knife ot not.

Second, there were no hostages that were in danger.

Third, he was allegedly "illegally camping," which might call for use of a taser if they could not talk the guy into surrendering.

Fourth, the alleged illegal camper appeared to be disoriented, possibly psychotic and certainly not threatening in any way at that distance. Nor did he move towards the officers in a threatening manner.

Finally, it was clearly excessive use of force because of the distance between the alleged illegal camper and the armored up officers.

A...

It wasn't stupidity... the video accurately recorded the truth that their actions were entirely appropriate.

Greg

Rubbish, Greg. They panicked. Nobody scaring that easily deserves to be armed and in uniform.

Greg

Rubbish, Greg. They panicked. Nobody scaring that easily deserves to be armed and in uniform.

I didn't see any fear. Just competent professional action to meed the requirements of the moment. You cannot detain a man without touching him. You cannot touch a man with a knife. The man would not put the knife down as repeatedly ordered. People generally have no idea just how unpredictably dangerous dopers can be...

...but the Police do.

Greg

First, there was no reason to shoot the man at the distance they were at whether he had a knife or not.

Yes, there is.

Third, he was allegedly "illegally camping," which might call for use of a taser if they could not talk the guy into surrendering.

Tasers do not work on people who are doped up.

Fourth, the alleged illegal camper appeared to be disoriented, possibly psychotic...

That's the most dangerous kind...

Greg

Greg, I photographed a police training academy long ago. What struck me was the sergeant drilling the men, bluntly telling them that a man with a knife was not to be taken out with a firearm - if he posed no immediate danger. "That's what you've trained with batons for. Use them!!"

Long before tasers, teargas and the like. It impressed me. You have to be cool under pressure to be an officer, and skilled at handling random individuals and situations. If they have such little concern for citizens' lives, and got rattled by one guy a distance away, and basically took the 'quick way out' - they mustn't be on the force.

Greg

So cordoning off the area and waiting the guy out should not even be an option, right? I mean those officers shifts were going to be over at some point, just pursue him, use lethal force if he resists and write a good report, he was obviously a scumbag anyway, it was just good policing.

Greg:

Have you ever been in a stiuation like that? Yes, or, no.

Your statement that:

requires clarification.

Is it testimonial in nature?

Or, do you have some source material, or study to share with us?

A...

Greg:

Have you ever been in a stiuation like that? Yes, or, no.

No.

I've never been high on methamphetamines, and have never pulled a knife on cops.

Your statement that:

requires clarification.

Is it testimonial in nature?

Or, do you have some source material, or study to share with us?

A...

Just what I've read that confirms my own common sense.

A brief search immediately turned up this as well as others. Just Google search "tasers, meth heads" and see for yourself. You certainly don't need to take my word for it. If you've already decided to make those cops into evil villains and the knife wielding doper into an "innocent victim of unjust government oppression"... go for it. I don't care. The media are all on your side, and will supply all the Koolaid you can swallow. I don't buy their spin, so I simply stated my opinion and that's that. Everyone chooses one view or the other.

It's ok to have different views, Adam. :smile:

Greg

http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/12/29599-police-tasers-couldnt-stop-this-oregon-masturbator-on-meth/

Police Tasers Couldn’t Stop This Meth Head Masturbator

An Oregon man went on a drug fueled escapade that ended in him being Tased several times. Unfortunately for police, the Taser did have an effect on the man, on account of the drugs, and they ended up needing 15 officers to successfully subdue and arrest the man.

It all started when Oregon resident, Andrew Frey decided to ingest an unknown amount of methamphetamines. It is unclear if Frey was already high on drugs when he decided to do so, although one could assume that he was.

(See also: Police Shoot Meth Addict While Being Dragged Down The Street)

Police started receiving reports of a man acting strangely after calling a locksmith and refusing to pay for services rendered. He then walked off and made his way to a gas station with a convenience store attached. After bumming around for a while, the attendant had no choice but to shoo the man out of the store.

Wandering down the street just a little more, Frey stumbled into Iggy’s Bar & Grill. After hopping onto a bar stool, he lowered his pants, exposing himself and began to masturbate. The police were immediately called, but by the time they arrived, Frey had made his way into the bathroom.

The first police officer on site went into the bathroom where Frey was reported to have resisted arrest several times. After several warnings, the officer had no choice but to discharge his Taser. Shockingly however—no pun intended–the Taser didn’t seem to have an effect on the meth head.

After sending millions of countless volts through the man’s body and being unsuccessful in subduing the man, the officer asked for backup.

At least 15 different officers from three other police units rushed to the aide of the officer.

There, the army of officers were able to arrest the man and haul him off to jail where he was charged with public indecency, resisting arrest and theft.

After some time had passed, and the effects of the drugs on Frey were able to wear off, he was surprised to find himself behind bars. He claims to have no knowledge of the night or its events.

According to this podcast:

"The APD has 4 times the national average of shootings for a police force — more than the NYPD even though New York City is 16 times larger than Albuquerque."

Maybe the APD do their job better than the NYPD. But the narrator thinks different.

According to this podcast:

"The APD has 4 times the national average of shootings for a police force — more than the NYPD even though New York City is 16 times larger than Albuquerque."

Maybe the APD do their job better than the NYPD. But the narrator thinks different.

I think they should be proud of that. The last thing you need are politically correct cops.

Greg