Aristotle and slavery

BaalChatzaf

Did you mean H. B. Stowe, as in Uncle O'bama's Cabin?

Yes, the little lady that caused the unification war.

"Uncle O'bama's Cabin" is an insult to Uncle Tom, I wonder how you mean that.

Did you mean H. B. Stowe, as in Uncle O'bama's Cabin?

Yes, the little lady that caused the unification war.

"Uncle O'bama's Cabin" is an insult to Uncle Tom, I wonder how you mean that.

This way:

1. Uncle Tom

A black man who will do anything to stay in good standing with "the white man" including betray his own people

Leroy is such an Uncle Tom; he told the boss I took a 2 hour lunch; I had to go see my baby momma

downarrow.gif

thesaurus for Uncle Tom:

oreo sellout nigger wigger aunt jemima black coon cracker poser gay house nigger negro sell out tom uncle white mammy moon cricket obama porch monkey more... 1. Uncle Tom 2147 up, 885 down

A black man who will do anything to stay in good standing with "the white man" including betray his own people

Leroy is such an Uncle Tom; he told the boss I took a 2 hour lunch; I had to go see my baby momma

buy uncle tom mugs & shirts

by Kimdiggity Jun 10, 2003 share this add a video Uncle Tom videos 2. Uncle Tom

Uncle Tom is a term used by black people to try to convince other black people that working, education, living well, and setting a good example for their children is selling out.

"De Shawn got a job? At Ameritech? He's a Tom"

because it is a slur that the marxist left has usurped here in the US to destroy the Clarence Thomases, Thomas Sowells, the Cains and any other "conservative," libertarian or off the left's plantation mentality black man or woman [e.g., Condaleza Rice].

http://www.urbandict...erm=Uncle%20Tom

Meanwhile, the marxist in the White House is working his little heart out to further install all the folks, black and white, onto the statist plantation.

Guess who be da overseers with the big nasty whips?

http://youtu.be/1VRZq3J0uz4 <<<one of the merging lines in the rap is overseer...overseer...officer ...officer

Yep...Sound of da police - just a tad radical and he ain't no Tom...

Adam

Meanwhile, the marxist in the White House is working his little heart out to further install all the folks, black and white, onto the statist plantation.

Ah, I see. Public and private slavery are different concepts in my head, that's why I couldn't see the connection.

Ah, I see. Public and private slavery are different concepts in my head, that's why I couldn't see the connection.

John:

No problem.

By the way, I am glad you stuck around on OL.

I was hoping that my challenge for you to stay because Michael is quite fair and the link to George's information treasure chest in his brain would be a pretty good inducements.

Adam

What are the exact arguments that show slavery is immoral?

I guess it has to be based upon the idea that all men are equal - but equal in what?

It cannot be something based on empirical grounds - then one could always argue that perhaps some tribe in the amazones will be found that does not possess characteristics x,y,z and therefore *they* actually are fitted to be slaves.

AND, it has to be a strict criteria - one that applies equally to *all* human beings (sick, idiots, demented, crazy), but doesn't apply to ANY animal (otherwise, SOME of the higher apes would be equal to human beings, and you would say "all human beings, and a certain type of higher apes are created equal...")

Weird argumentation.

So far as I understand, the Objectivist rejection of slavery is metaphysical-moralist.

Given the nature of man as a self-directing, self-generating, autonomous rational being, slavery is a direct contradiction of reality.

Following that, it is immoral for a man to force others to live for him - altruism, essentially.

The 'all men are equal' thing, is non-Objectivist. I think it had its roots in the mystical "all men are equal in the eyes of God' concept. The only - and crucial - place where it should exist is in the eyes of objective law and individual rights.

Otherwise, it is self-evident that all men are not equal, in reality.

Weird argumentation.

So far as I understand, the Objectivist rejection of slavery is metaphysical-moralist.

Given the nature of man as a self-directing, self-generating, autonomous rational being, slavery is a direct contradiction of reality.

Following that, it is immoral for a man to force others to live for him - altruism, essentially.

The 'all men are equal' thing, is non-Objectivist. I think it had its roots in the mystical "all men are equal in the eyes of God' concept. The only - and crucial - place where it should exist is in the eyes of objective law and individual rights.

Otherwise, it is self-evident that all men are not equal, in reality.

You are leaving out "Created" equal. Starting equal . Essentially equal at birth. Very objectivist I would think.

Carol

little lady who starts some big bar fights

Carol

And watches the big men fight.

cock fighting

42101yuu3xr3tvk.gif

Weird argumentation.

Slavery is getting labor below its market value. It is a manifestation of getting something for nothing, or at least very little.

There is one main hitch is slavery; the slave want to escape. So any money saved in stealing labor is paid for in the cost of hiring guards and hunters to bring back escaped slaves.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Carol

cock fighting

42101yuu3xr3tvk.gif

Why aren't they wearing their team jerseys? I can't tell who to root for.

The one on the right looks kinda like Tie Domi.

Never knew about this dude...

Hockey Goon

Tie Domi

domi.jpg

Tie Domi was born on November 1, 1969 in Windsor, Ontario. Growing up, his favourite hockey player was Dave "Tiger" Williams. Tie played his major junior hockey with the Peterborough Petes of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL). The Toronto Maple Leafs drafted him the 2nd round, 27th overall in the 1988 NHL entry draft. After playing a season with the Newmarket Saints of the American Hockey League, Domi got his first taste of the NHL in 1990 and played in 2 games for the Maple Leafs. He was then traded along with with Mark Laforest to the New-York Rangers for Greg Johnston. He spent a couple of seasons in the Rangers organization, establishing himself as an NHL enforcer. In December 1992 he was traded to the Winnipeg Jets with Kris King for Ed Olczyk. Domi was a fan favourite in Winnipeg, never hesitant to take on fighters much bigger than him.

In 1995 he was sent back to the team that drafted him. The Jets traded him to the Maple Leafs for Mike Eastwood and a draft pick. Tie now became the fan favouite in Toronto, providing much needed protection for skilled players like Doug Gilmour and Mats Sundin. The 5"10 left winger has tangled with several heavyweights including Bob Probert, Mike Peluso, Sandy McCarthy, Rob Ray, Georges Laraque, Gino Odjick and Andre Roy. His stay in Toronto has also included several incidents that have landed Domi in some hot water. His elbow to the head of Scott Niedermayer in a playoff series with the New Jersey Devils and his altercation with a Philadelphia Flyers while in the penalty box lead to suspensions. After the recent lock out, Domi was a free agent and was wooed by several teams including the Pittsburgh Penguins. He has instead decided to stay with the Toronto Maple Leafs for the couple of years. Tie Domi currently sits 3rd all time in career NHL penalty minutes with 3406. Domi's NHL career has likely come to an end as he was bought out by the Leafs in the summer of 2006.

tie-domi.jpgtie-domi-2.jpg

Carol

cock fighting

42101yuu3xr3tvk.gif

Why aren't they wearing their team jerseys? I can't tell who to root for.

The one on the right looks kinda like Tie Domi.

Never knew about this dude...

Hockey Goon

Tie Domi

domi.jpg

Tie Domi was born on November 1, 1969 in Windsor, Ontario. Growing up, his favourite hockey player was Dave "Tiger" Williams. Tie played his major junior hockey with the Peterborough Petes of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL). The Toronto Maple Leafs drafted him the 2nd round, 27th overall in the 1988 NHL entry draft. After playing a season with the Newmarket Saints of the American Hockey League, Domi got his first taste of the NHL in 1990 and played in 2 games for the Maple Leafs. He was then traded along with with Mark Laforest to the New-York Rangers for Greg Johnston. He spent a couple of seasons in the Rangers organization, establishing himself as an NHL enforcer. In December 1992 he was traded to the Winnipeg Jets with Kris King for Ed Olczyk. Domi was a fan favourite in Winnipeg, never hesitant to take on fighters much bigger than him.

In 1995 he was sent back to the team that drafted him. The Jets traded him to the Maple Leafs for Mike Eastwood and a draft pick. Tie now became the fan favouite in Toronto, providing much needed protection for skilled players like Doug Gilmour and Mats Sundin. The 5"10 left winger has tangled with several heavyweights including Bob Probert, Mike Peluso, Sandy McCarthy, Rob Ray, Georges Laraque, Gino Odjick and Andre Roy. His stay in Toronto has also included several incidents that have landed Domi in some hot water. His elbow to the head of Scott Niedermayer in a playoff series with the New Jersey Devils and his altercation with a Philadelphia Flyers while in the penalty box lead to suspensions. After the recent lock out, Domi was a free agent and was wooed by several teams including the Pittsburgh Penguins. He has instead decided to stay with the Toronto Maple Leafs for the couple of years. Tie Domi currently sits 3rd all time in career NHL penalty minutes with 3406. Domi's NHL career has likely come to an end as he was bought out by the Leafs in the summer of 2006.

tie-domi.jpgtie-domi-2.jpg

You don't know the half of it! He isn't as dumb as he looks. That honour would go to his brother Dash Domi whose sole source of income was influence peddling in his brothers name and getting caught numerous times on camera (he thought the camera part would get him a better movie deal)....the brains in the family seem to have devolved on Tie's son who is a truly talented and promising forward/.

Tie also had an affair with Belinda Stronach ex...MP, Canadian version of Paris Hilton crossed with... I just can't think of an American cross.. heiress politicians who are upfront about their normal social lives? Anybody? Help me out here.

Arriana Huffington?

The deformed dwarf that married John I SERVED IN VIETNAM Kerry?

Is that what you meant?

Arriana Huffington?

Is that what you meant?

I don't think so.. Belinda was the politician herself... I guess there would be no parallel. I thought Huffington was married to the gay governor. Did she marry Kerry later?

Arriana Huffington?

Is that what you meant?

I don't think so.. Belinda was the politician herself... I guess there would be no parallel. I thought Huffington was married to the gay governor. Did she marry Kerry later?

teresa-heinz-240.jpg

Tereza Heinz - yep 57 varieties of ugly!