Carly Fiorina

Great news! President Forina traumatizes Federal bureaucracy. They hate her guts for the cuts!

--Brant

she was a lousy CEO but apparently also a victim of sexism at HP (but I cannot document)

If anyone can document sexism, or anything else that is similarly vicious, against Fiorina, please post it. I'm very open to giving her the benefit of the doubt. She was a first among women, and I can well imagine that there were men who didn't like it, and who might have done everything they could to stand in her way or sabotage her efforts, or to set her up to take the blame for their own failures. Please, anyone who has followed her career, pipe up.

J

I haven't followed her career, and this is not what you're looking for, I'm sure, but she did a short video poking fun of sexism in the workplace. This is the kind of subtle, often unconscious sexism that most women experience throughout their careers. Some laugh and move on, others are deeply damaged by it. She's laughing and moving on.

Thanks for the link.

I've worked for companies which had a very high percentage of women employees, and I've seen some of that sort of thing from the few male employees. And even more subtle idiocy.

I've heard men claim that women are so emotional that they're not good at business, but I find that, in general, it's actually the men who are emotional, not to mention psychologically needy to the point of being harmful to the businesses for whom they work. I've been in meetings with only women, all of whom were at different levels in their company, and they were very productive and logical in discussing the projects that we were working on, and then a new group of people, including a few men, would join the meeting in progress after they had finished a different meeting elsewhere, and the calm, productive atmosphere of the room would change instantly (not to mention the smell). The men would be very aggressive and dominant in trying to take control of the room. They seemed to have no sense of self-awareness and would loudly push their really lame, off-the-top-of-their-heads ideas, even though they didn't yet have anywhere near enough knowledge about what was going on to make worthwhile contributions, and even though they were outranked by half of the women in the room. They wasted a lot of time trying to overturn decisions that had already been made, and demonstrated pigheadedness in not listening to the very valid reasons why their ideas weren't good ones. They tended to get more and more emotional -- angry and aggressive -- the more that they weren't met with submission. And then they appeared to be quite wounded and resentful when the top female boss had had enough of them and had put an end to their disrupting the group's progress. They sort of pouted and treated her as if she was not legitimately their boss who had valid points and who, if anything, had been a little too generous in tolerating from them more stupidity than she should have, but as if she were a totally wicked, unjust, queen bitch of the universe.

J

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF, J! Whose side are you on?

--Brant

Heh.

In business, in general, I'm definitely on the side of women. I'm creative and introverted, and so I love not having to put up with the overly competitive, extroverted, type A, cheap cologne-soaked, chest-thumping, ape-brain attitude.

J

Hi. this is Donald Trump on my Twitter account. Some of you guys sound like wimps. Even with a name like Isis Wenger she could work for me as a software engineer. My ware would not be soft for long. I never was a racist but now I am even less of never a racist.

Heh.

In business, in general, I'm definitely on the side of women. I'm creative and introverted, and so I love not having to put up with the overly competitive, extroverted, type A, cheap cologne-soaked, chest-thumping, ape-brain attitude.

J

Once again, I wish the Like feature were enabled. To be more complete on this, I find that Millennials seem less invested in sexual stereotypes, though, of course, people are people, so that is a generalization, maybe just confirmation bias. Also, it matters who we are talking about. As a technical writer, I often hang with the "interface designers" with their pierces and tattoos just for perspective.

Ah, how sweet, just like Evita meeting with the commoners for perspective...

tumblr_lo7gw1kRD21qa3z3i.gif

I like this one...and it is age appropriate...

To be more complete on this, I find that Millennials seem less invested in sexual stereotypes, though, of course, people are people, so that is a generalization, maybe just confirmation bias.

Yeah, and I want to stress that I, too, have been generalizing. I've worked with some great men, and with some really, really shitty women. It's just that, in general, my experience is that women in business are much more likely to be all about the work, where men drag a lot of personal issues along with them to their jobs.

J

[edited to add:] The really, really shitty women were shitty because they decided that they had to act like asshole men in order to compete with them in the business world.

J

[edited to add:] The really, really shitty women were shitty because they decided that they had to act like asshole men in order to compete with them in the business world.

Yep, that would be quite true. You can see them coming a mile away if you are in repose like a cat in the conference room.

Their kinesics are fascinating.

A...

Jonathan wrote: and with some really, really shitty women.
end quote

You talkin’ bout Hillary?

The Five is on Fox. Anniversary riots like in Ferguson are coming to your town next. This is the new civil disobedience and the new Progressive Party. Baltimore is one of the next cities for riots. Raising awareness is the euphemistic way to riot, as in, we are raising awareness in the black community, in the white community, and within the police department by raising awareness and seeking social justice.

They are going after Bernie Sanders now and Carly and Trump may be next. What is Carly’s stand on abortion? Protesters and rioters will be Hillary’s shock troops. Hillary was just lambasting Rubio’s stand against a woman’s right to an abortion. Marco better be on the look-out for pie and tomato throwers, and protest marchers.

I think Carly Fiorina will be called Carly from now on. How does this sound. Carly, Carly, Carly! Marco, Marco, Marco! Carly and Marco in 2016! Two decent people. Two real conservatives. A woman. A man. A CEO. A Hispanic.

You think you have lived to be 80 plus and know who you are. Then along comes someone and blows it all to hell!

An old Marine Pilot sat down at the Starbucks, still wearing his old USMC flight jacket and ordered a cup of coffee. As he sat sipping his coffee, a young woman sat down next to him. She turned to the pilot and asked, Are you a real pilot?

He replied, 'Well, I've spent my whole life flying planes, first Stearmans, then the early Grummans... flew a Wildcat and Corsair in WWII, and later in the Korean conflict, Banshees and Cougars. I've taught more than 260 people to fly and given rides to hundreds, so I guess I am a pilot, and you, what are you?

She said, 'I'm a lesbian. I spend my whole day thinking about naked women. As soon as I get up in the morning, I think about naked women. When I shower, I think about naked women. When I watch TV, I think about naked women. It seems everything makes me think of naked women.'

The two sat sipping in silence.

A little while later, a young man sat down on the other side of the old pilot and asked: "Are you a real pilot?"

He replied, 'I always thought I was, but I just found out I'm a lesbian.'

The results are in at a right wing site and Carly can't be found! Donald Trump won the FedUp PAC GOP Presidential Debate Poll by a decisive margin. Trump tallied 29.9% of the vote in the poll, which was launched immediately following Thursday night's debate on Fox News. Ted Cruz came in second, with 17.5%, and Marco Rubio was third, with 15.6%. Here's how the rest of the candidates fared:

Ben Carson: 14.3%

John Kasich: 7.9%

Mike Huckabee: 5.4%

Jeb Bush: 3.7%

Scott Walker: 3.1%

Rand Paul: 1.4%

Chris Christie: 1.1%

You make me watch a long commercial...to then watch a long commercial. You should be sorry.

I''m sorry, this doesn't make me trust Trump. He could be a Putin a lot easier than a Reagan. I guess that's his appeal. BTW, isn't this supposed to be a Carly Fiorina discussion?

BTW, isn't this supposed to be a Carly Fiorina discussion?

An interesting opinion piece from a Democratic pundit at Fox, who is talking about the NBC/Survey Monkey poll: Why everyone is talking about Donald Trump, Carly Fiorina and almost no one else

He goes over the conventional wisdom talking points about Donald Trump, then highlights just how well Carly Fiorina leveraged her appearance in Cleveland:

The results also revealed former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina gaining support. Fiorina was widely agreed upon as the “winner” of the 5 pm debate – 22 percent said she won the debate – and many even touted her as having won both debates that night, with the shadow of her high quality performance earlier in the evening looming over the prime time show. Fiorina’s is climbing the polls in Iowa: she now garners 10 percent support and is in the top five as well as boasting a 56/15 approval rating as compared to 30/15 in April.

I found Fiorina's performance refreshing. Although she has run for office in the past, she does not seem to utter the 'canned' responses of the dreary machine men also on that stage. She is sharp. She knows the details. She is authentic ...

Her ability to go for Hillary Clinton's jugular is not unique -- plenty of the pols decry her as a scandal-ridden dishonest dynastic glory-hound fat cat well past her sell-by date -- but Fiorina can speak to Clinton's failures and feebleness without enabling claptrap about a boorish or sexist GOP 'war on women.'

And Carly Fiorina does not seem the type to whine about treatment by the media.

Edited by william.scherk

You make me watch a long commercial...to then watch a long commercial. You should be sorry.

I''m sorry, this doesn't make me trust Trump. He could be a Putin a lot easier than a Reagan. I guess that's his appeal. BTW, isn't this supposed to be a Carly Fiorina discussion?

It is and I put it in the wrong thread.

It should not have been long, however that is a relative term.

I'm okay with the one's that say "you can skip this commercial message in 3,2,1..." Ten seconds I'll endure if I really want to watch something. Thirty seconds...close the tab, forget it. Usually. Unless recommended by a friend. I did like it. A little. The weiner and obamacare part, "you're fired!". Great. Reminds me of "You are the weakest link...Goodbye!" Great entertainment. Whatever happened to her? Maybe she should get into politics.

when-culling-meme-generator-you-are-the-

This was posted to Galt's Gulch Online.

"Carly Fiorina is No Conservative" - http://freedomoutpost.com/2015/08/carly-fiorina-is-no-conservative-candidate/

Personally, I evaluate this as "aluminum foil cap" craziness, at least on one level. That "Lucent" is echoic of "Lucifer" might be interesting to an anthropologist or sociologist (and might have some mythic meaning), but to raise that in passing as if it were a political discussion is demented. Dementia being what it is, even paranoids have enemies, and the rest of the rant does resonate. No one gets close to the White House without the support and approval of the kingmakers.

The Tea Party and Occupy movements were distractions to keep people amused in the moment.

So, where and whither Carly Fiorina? is she really just speaking "conservatism" now because that what the Bilderbergers/CFR/Davos want her to say to draw conservative votes?

What (if anything) does she believe in her heart of hearts?

Just to go on the record here, I intend to contribute to her campaign. In Kyle Jacob's "Stallman" topic, I mentioned paying for OSF products. So, I do put my money where my mouth is. That being as it may, the blog piece cited above remains...

The Tea Party and Occupy movements were distractions to keep people amused in the moment.

Michael:

I cannot speak for the Occupy movement since I only know one or two folks who even were part of some of their meetings/marches.

I know the Tea Party very well.

You are inaccurate about it. Like the original unrest in this country it formed a substructure of regular folks in almost every community and the folks who took those contacts have been organizing ever since.

How do you think the last midterms saw a huge swing in state and local offices to Republican and Conservative folks.

A...

Think Sons of Liberty

This was posted to Galt's Gulch Online.

"Carly Fiorina is No Conservative" - http://freedomoutpost.com/2015/08/carly-fiorina-is-no-conservative-candidate/

Personally, I evaluate this as "aluminum foil cap" craziness, at least on one level. That "Lucent" is echoic of "Lucifer" might be interesting to an anthropologist or sociologist (and might have some mythic meaning), but to raise that in passing as if it were a political discussion is demented. Dementia being what it is, even paranoids have enemies, and the rest of the rant does resonate. No one gets close to the White House without the support and approval of the kingmakers.

So, where and whither Carly Fiorina? is she really just speaking "conservatism" now because that what the Bilderbergers/CFR/Davos want her to say to draw conservative votes?

What (if anything) does she believe in her heart of hearts?

Just to go on the record here, I intend to contribute to her campaign. In Kyle Jacob's "Stallman" topic, I mentioned paying for OSF products. So, I do put my money where my mouth is. That being as it may, the blog piece cited above remains...

Agreed. Claptrap. Stories with no context, intellectual name dropping, completely unbalanced and all over the place. Pure smear. I trust Carly, I don't know her, I've heard of her for years working in high tech in the bay area. I listen to her talk and nowhere have I felt she was insincere or misleading. I think she says what she believes. I've been donating to her campaign for a little over three months now.

Mikee;

Fiorina did a brilliant job of taking out Katie Couric in this answer to her pleading the climate change scam over and over...

Fiorina's hands were folded in front of her and she demolished every asinine argument on climate change in four (4) minutes.

Bravo Fiorina...

Carly did not back down on her view that America would have minimal impact on climate change. Yesterday, Rush was saying if ALL large nations restricted the use of coal and stopped emitting greenhouse gasses the temperature would go down one degree after a couple of centuries of economic deprivation. But in the meantime natural processes are continuing that could lead to global warming or global cooling regardless of what humans do. I liked Carly for saying innovation is the way to go, not more regulations and deliberate stagnation. No matter the types of questions and the harping that Couric tried (she seemed to be trying to PC Carly to death), Carly had another answer for her without sounding too much like she was repeating herself.
I was impressed. I think she debated better than Trump could, unless he takes classes and studies :- )

Today, August 14, at 2:45pm. Several realclearpolitic quoted polls have Trump in the lead, 20, 22, 19, 19, and 17 percent, always more than five points up on every other candidate.

Carly gets a pass by Charles Krauthammer when he wrote, “Fiorina displayed raw talent that surprised everyone who didn’t know her.” But he puts her currently at nine to one. Teflon Don? Its no surprise that Krauthammer gives him the same chances as Bernie Sanders. But in the general election? Read on.

Some cut and paste excerpts From The Washington Post, lots left out.

The 2016 Racing Form, third edition By Charles Krauthammer Opinion writer August 13 at 8:20 PM. Both presidential nomination contests having been scrambled by recent events — the FBI taking control of Hillary Clinton’s private e-mail server and a raucous, roiling GOP debate — the third edition of the Racing Form is herewith rushed into print. Legal disclaimer: This column is for betting purposes only. What follows is analysis — scrubbed, as thoroughly as a Clinton server, of advocacy. (Unless I simply can’t resist.) . . . . Meanwhile, over at the GOP . . . Donald Trump: Clear front-runner. Are you waiting for him to bring himself down? He won’t. He’s impervious to the gaffe. In fact, he has a genius for turning a gaffe into a talking point, indeed, a rallying cry.

Since the debate, his numbers have plateaued, and in some places declined. In New Hampshire, for example, he’s gone from the mid-20s to the high teens. Some of this is attributable to loyal Republicans, fed up with the party leadership but still nonsuicidal, troubled by his leaving open the threat of a third-party run. And he had a rough debate, as reflected in the Suffolk University poll in Iowa taken right afterward, in which, by 55 percent to 23 percent, respondents felt less comfortable with him as president. Nonetheless, his core support, somewhere around 20 percent (plus or minus a couple), remains as solid as that once commanded by Ron Paul and Ross Perot. Which means Trump will likely continue to lead until the field whittles down to a handful, at which point 20 percent is no longer a plurality.

Teflon Don. Solid constituency, fixed ceiling. Chances of winning his party’s nomination? About the same as Sanders winning his.

Rubio had the best debate performance of the prime-time 10 — fluid, passionate, in command. And he was already No. 1 in the “who could you support” question (at 62 percent), crucial in a 17-member field.
Odds for each? Rubio 3-1. Bush and Walker 4-1.

Ted Cruz, John Kasich, Carly Fiorina: The new second tier. And rising. Cruz had a strong debate, establishing himself as the most convincing carrier of the populist, anti-Washington meme. Kasich was engaging and compelling as the bleeding-heart conservative and successful tough-guy governor. Not an easy trick.

Fiorina displayed raw talent that surprised everyone who didn’t know her — and 6 million watched. Articulate, knowledgeable and relentlessly combative, she took on Clinton, Trump and Barack Obama. Being in the undercard was a stroke of luck. She took the stage and made it her own.

Odds for the second tier? 9-1 but with high ceilings for each.

Bonus Racing Form feature: the general election.
Conventional wisdom is that the GOP is tearing itself apart and headed south. What’s becoming clear, however, is that the Democrats are equally split ideologically — Clinton desperately moving left as Sanders’ crowds grow — and increasingly nervous about her chronic, shall we say, character problem.

Both parties limp into November 2016. Current odds? GOP: 55 percent.

Carly Somebody (Simon?) just said. She lied about her servers. She lied about her emails. She lied about Bill. She lied about the bimbos. She lied about Benghazi. She lied about the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy. She lied about everything she did at State. She lied about the FBI investigation. She lied about who won the biggest pig contest at the Iowa State Fair. Fortunately, President Obama hates her guts. Biden for President.