Donald Trump

I assume Trump does this sort of thing very much on purpose. Perfection? Does anybody's medical report show "perfection"?

This is quite smart of The Donald because Evita is his most probable opponent in the general election and her health is a key issue and The Donald knows it.

A...

Okay. But why say my health is "perfect"? Is that possibly even true? Why not just say "my health is excellent--no problems, no worries, and best of all, no mysteries!"

The deal is getting closer and I can very confidently state that very shortly a " black swan " will appear and regardless what it is , who created it , or the circumstances - his poll numbers will plummet ( remember folks , this aint a baseball game and Trump is up 27 -2 in the 8th , politics don't work like that ) . At that point and probably well as Trump has his ears to the pulse of the nation - Trump will make a deal and then he will make his announcement , make his deal and go back to his work that he loves . Best thing is that he will have a POTUS in his pocket .

Marc,

Heh.

You mean a "black crow" will appear?

:smile:

Well, the magic crow Hail Mary pass theory is about the only thing left because Trump's support keeps getting stronger and stronger.

On a more serious note, the shooting in San Bernardino practically elected him. Just watch...

Michael

Intriguing hints from Marc. Marc--do you have confidence based on a hunch, or based on facts? Your comment has the whiff of a hunch.*

*If the Black Swan event involves any combination of two words that have "Mitt" and "Romney" in them, I am giving up all hope for the Republic and officially moving to Costa Rica to set up an elaborate Nozickean voluntary community with me as the Benevolent Dictator, George Smith as the Spriitual Director, and Wolf as the Chief Justice of the voluntary court system. Hopefully Adam can provide some "muscle" where needed. :laugh:

Can I be the Lotto and Banking Scams Administrator?

J

P.S. Speaking of Hail Marys, did you you watch the Packer game last night? Unfuckingbelievable!

You will be the HIgh Commissioner of Fine Arts and Sublime Sublimnity.

Yeah, I watched the game. The better team won. They shouldn't have won but that's why you never give up. The face mask call was correct, slight as it was it was. Essentially the Packers spotted the Lions at least two touchdowns to start. Doing that they had no right to win for that kind of slop shouldn't happen at that level of play.

--Brant

I was rooting for the Pack, and I loved the last play, so I'm happy, but I think the face masking call was wrong. I mean, I understand how the ref would have misperceived it that way, but it's not actually a foul to merely touch or brush a face mask with the hand. I think that the rule states that you actually have to "control" and "twist" or "turn" the mask, or whatever, and that if you do happen to touch the mask with your hand, you're to immediately let go so as not to be flagged. So, whatever. Refs make mistakes.

Rodgers to Rodgers was worth hitting rewind several times. 60-plus yard parabola. Amazing catch.

J

Read it and weep, ye doubters!

Trump County, USA
America’s most reliable bellwether county has fallen for the wild man from New York.
By Adam Wren
December 04, 2015
Politico

The most accurate pundits in the history of American presidential politics reside far from the Beltway, on a 403-square mile patch of land along the western border of Indiana. At the intersections of U.S. Highways 40 and 41, and off Interstate 70, you find yourself in Vigo County, with its 108,000 residents and its ho-hum county seat, Terre Haute, situated along the Wabash River. Terre Haute is the land of Clabber Girl Baking Powder—and its citizens call it the “Crossroads of America.” It’s the place where both Democratic Sen. Evan Bayh and labor leader and Social Democratic Party founder Eugene Debs were born, and home to the U.S. penitentiary where the Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh died.

And, in nearly every presidential election since 1888, voters here in this blue-collar county have selected the winning candidate, missing only twice: Once, in 1908, when they opted for Williams Jennings Bryan instead of William Howard Taft, and again in 1952, when they chose Adlai Stevenson rather than Dwight D. Eisenhower.

. . .

... for a county famous for its large share of undecided voters, there is little indecision in Vigo County a year before the election.

In fact, the biggest conundrum in Vigo County Thursday among voters at Politics and Pie wasn’t about who they wanted to be the next leader of the free world. That matter was settled. It should be Trump—maybe Carson.

No, the more vexing question seemed to be about pie.

Did they want apple or cherry?

Obviously the reporter, being from Politico, had to throw in "maybe Carson" to scratch his anti-Trump itch. But that's one hell of an article considering the bad blood between Trump and Politico.

So, when the time comes, which shall it be for dessert with your barbecued crow, ye doubters? Apple pie or cherry pie?

Or do you just prefer some tissues for the tears?

Michael

Read it and weep, ye doubters!

Trump County, USA

America’s most reliable bellwether county has fallen for the wild man from New York.

By Adam Wren

December 04, 2015

Politico

The most accurate pundits in the history of American presidential politics reside far from the Beltway, on a 403-square mile patch of land along the western border of Indiana. At the intersections of U.S. Highways 40 and 41, and off Interstate 70, you find yourself in Vigo County, with its 108,000 residents and its ho-hum county seat, Terre Haute, situated along the Wabash River. Terre Haute is the land of Clabber Girl Baking Powder—and its citizens call it the “Crossroads of America.” It’s the place where both Democratic Sen. Evan Bayh and labor leader and Social Democratic Party founder Eugene Debs were born, and home to the U.S. penitentiary where the Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh died.

And, in nearly every presidential election since 1888, voters here in this blue-collar county have selected the winning candidate, missing only twice: Once, in 1908, when they opted for Williams Jennings Bryan instead of William Howard Taft, and again in 1952, when they chose Adlai Stevenson rather than Dwight D. Eisenhower.

. . .

... for a county famous for its large share of undecided voters, there is little indecision in Vigo County a year before the election.

In fact, the biggest conundrum in Vigo County Thursday among voters at Politics and Pie wasn’t about who they wanted to be the next leader of the free world. That matter was settled. It should be Trump—maybe Carson.

No, the more vexing question seemed to be about pie.

Did they want apple or cherry?

Obviously the reporter, being from Politico, had to throw in "maybe Carson" to scratch his anti-Trump itch. But that's one hell of an article considering the bad blood between Trump and Politico.

So, when the time comes, which shall it be for dessert with your barbecued crow, ye doubters? Apple pie or cherry pie?

Or do you just prefer some tissues for the tears?

Michael

I am annoyed.

I have been a member on Dave's site for years.

Now it is going to get crowded with alleged "experts!"

There are other bell weather "districts" and Election Districts in the any set of large numbers.

There are over a hundred thousand E.D.'s in the U.S.

Remember the classic 2000 map of America's counties in red and blue when Bush lost the popular vote, yet the country was almost red from sea to sea.

A...

Here's a David Brooks bone from today's NYT for the doubter dogs:

No, Donald Trump Won’t Win

You gotta read that to believe it, though.

Brooks in sage mode from on high, that is, in his white robes explaining the mysteries of the universe to us plebeians:

The voting booth focuses the mind. The experience is no longer about self-expression and feeling good in the moment. It’s about the finger on the nuclear trigger for the next four years.

Heh.

If anyone believes that voters suffer a magical transformation when entering a voting booth and suddenly fall into agreement with pro-establishment political pundits, they deserve David Brooks as their mentor.

I'll take the sappiest New Age Law of Attraction guru over that any day of the week.

But it gets worse. Brooks used the color pink--as opposed to blue--to characterize Donald Trump. Seriously. He was over-extending a metaphor about pink and blue rugs.

For many Republicans, Donald Trump is their pink rug.

Doesn't this bonehead know that, traditionally, pink is for little girls and blue for little boys? Come on! Love Trump or hate him, using "little girl" cultural markers for him is just plain weird. Can anyone think of Trump as a little girl without busting out laughing? Go on. Try to picture it in your mind...

Sorry, ye doubters. I looked for something better than that fer ye, but there's slim pickins' out there these days... Lotsa' noise, but no signal...

Michael

But it gets worse. Brooks used the color pink--as opposed to blue--to characterize Donald Trump. Seriously. He was over-extending a metaphor about pink and blue rugs.

For many Republicans, Donald Trump is their pink rug.

I think that what Brooks doesn't get is that Obama is the pink rug: He dazzled the electorate, but now they've begun to discover that he clashes with the furniture and wall hangings, and that they're tired of his "electric vibrancy" and of his "kicking some tail" and stupidly "shaking things up," and now they want a rug that they can live with in reality -- the blue rug, Trump. The blue is "subtler and more prosaic." The pink is subterfuge and artifice -- it's Obama's, or even Hillary's, pretending to be accomplished, caring and wise.

J

Here's a David Brooks bone from today's NYT for the doubter dogs:

No, Donald Trump Won’t Win

You gotta read that to believe it, though.

Brooks in sage mode from on high, that is, in his white robes explaining the mysteries of the universe to us plebeians:

The voting booth focuses the mind. The experience is no longer about self-expression and feeling good in the moment. It’s about the finger on the nuclear trigger for the next four years.

The established party line is the Goldwater defeat by one of the more despicable power brokers in the eighty years was because of Conservative extremists.

Hence Barry's great line which is at the bottom of my posts.

The ad genius behind this attack ad in 1964 is what the Quisling is referring to with the "finger on the nuclear button" falsified meme.

FYI:

I assume Trump does this sort of thing very much on purpose. Perfection? Does anybody's medical report show "perfection"?

Most 69-year old men talk about their health in ways other than this. This behavior is almost clownish.

I am still interested in why this "hidden technique" seems to work. Is my assumption correct that this is on purpose, or is he just an unrestrained braggart?

A doc friend of mine once said "There's no such thing as a clean bill of health"...he meant it.

-J

Yeah, I watched the game. The better team won. They shouldn't have won but that's why you never give up. The face mask call was correct, slight as it was it was. Essentially the Packers spotted the Lions at least two touchdowns to start. Doing that they had no right to win for that kind of slop shouldn't happen at that level of play.

--Brant

I was rooting for the Pack, and I loved the last play, so I'm happy, but I think the face masking call was wrong. I mean, I understand how the ref would have misperceived it that way, but it's not actually a foul to merely touch or brush a face mask with the hand. I think that the rule states that you actually have to "control" and "twist" or "turn" the mask, or whatever, and that if you do happen to touch the mask with your hand, you're to immediately let go so as not to be flagged. So, whatever. Refs make mistakes.

Rodgers to Rodgers was worth hitting rewind several times. 60-plus yard parabola. Amazing catch.

J

The fingers went into the mask and pulled the head slightly. I didn't see a mere "brush." So rejoice, Pup. The Packers won fair, square and foul.

--Brant

no, the replay wasn't photoshopped

correction: I just saw a better replay--no face mask violation: the pull on the jersey turned the face (but it was a good call because it was so very, very close [why no review?])

Edited by Brant Gaede

Thanks Michael, I was wondering what had happened to them...

Can you see Evita being this comfortable with folks?

Great scene.

A...

This type of crowd strongly implies Trump wins the nomination. I suspect much more than warmed over/warmed upTea Party--that he's pulling in disaffected Democrats which means blue collar.

--Brant

Correct and in large numbers.

The key is to make sure that they have updated their registration and/or get them registered immediately and their social networks.

They are Amity Schales' "Forgotten Man."

A...

Trump was going to live-tweet during Obama's speech just now about terrorism. Before he could even get warmed up, Obama stopped (thankfully, in my opinion). So here is Trump's last tweet (of four) during the speech:

He posted his tweet on Facebook and here's what I wrote in that thread:

We needed someone like Trump to say we're good, the killers are evil, and we are going to take them out before they can kill again starting yesterday. Instead, we got another lesson in community organizing...

I have to thank Obama, though. He is doing more to elect Donald Trump than any single person alive.

Michael

He's eviscerated the Democratic Party, but Hillary could win through massive vote fraud by hacked voting machines.

If the Republicans win, I hope the President gets the Justice Dept. all over vote fraud, starting with Chicago.

--Brant

Trump was going to live-tweet during Obama's speech just now about terrorism. Before he could even get warmed up, Obama stopped (thankfully, in my opinion). So here is Trump's last tweet (of four) during the speech:

Is that all there is? We need a new President - FAST!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)

December 7, 2015
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He posted his tweet on Facebook and here's what I wrote in that thread:

We needed someone like Trump to say we're good, the killers are evil, and we are going to take them out before they can kill again starting yesterday. Instead, we got another lesson in community organizing...

I have to thank Obama, though. He is doing more to elect Donald Trump than any single person alive.

Michael

MSK: I think your last line is especially true.

My wife and I watched a Trump show (kind of a retrospective) on the History Channel Friday night. Very interesting.

He didn't used to be so boorish. It appears that something switched when he has in his mid-40's, or so it seems--after the Marla Maples divorce, if the show was accurate.

Most men in their mid 40's get more mellow and more self-aware, not less. Jung called this the entering of the "afternoon of life."

If the show is accurate, this tells me "Trump 2016" is both less of an act and more of an act. Less because it started 15+ years ago. More because it's not who he really is.*

*In which he would join a long line of other politicians pretending to be somebody they are not.

Smart man...Fix one leak

Donald J. Trump called on Monday for the United States to bar all Muslims from entering the country until the nation’s leaders can “figure out what is going on,” an extraordinary escalation of his harsh rhetoric aimed at members of the Islamic faith in the aftermath of the terrorist attacks in Paris and San Bernardino, Calif.

“Without looking at the various polling data, it is obvious to anybody the hatred is beyond comprehension. Where this hatred comes from and why we will have to determine,” said Mr. Trump, the leading Republican candidate for his party’s 2016 presidential nomination.

“Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life,” he said.

A spokeswoman for Mr. Trump confirmed the authenticity of the statement. Asked what prompted it, Mr. Trump said, “death,” according to the spokeswoman.

Mr. Trump made his remarks a day after President Obama delivered a national address from the Oval Office urging Americans not to turn against Muslims in the wake of the terrorist attacks. Mr. Trump is expected to say more at a rally at the USS Yorktown in South Carolina on Monday evening to mark the anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941.

Experts on immigration law and policy expressed shock at the proposal Monday afternoon.

“This is just so antithetical to the history of the United States,” said Nancy Morawetz, a professor of clinical law at New York University School of Law, who specializes in immigration. “It’s unbelievable to have a religious test for admission into the country.”

She added: “I cannot recall any historical precedent for denying immigration based on religion.”

Ms. Morawetz said that the United States has long regretted policies that banned the immigration of Chinese at the end of 19th century.

“It’s a very sad chapter in American immigration history that we would think is behind us today.”

This hit the front page of Drudge:

12.07.2015-19.16.png

The link goes to here.

Obviously, Trump is suggesting a temporary (not permanent) ban on new Muslim visas and tourism because (to quote him): "There is great hatred towards Americans by large segments of the Muslim population."

And to further quote Trump: "Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life."

Behold, a true war measure.

That's what fighting an enemy truly looks like.

After the hostilities go away and the enemy surrenders, then things can go back to normal.

Man, does this guy know how to surf on the waves of public emotions. If he said this in a couple of weeks (presuming the dust dies down), it might backfire, but at this moment, as Obama finished lecturing Americans on being nice to Muslims right after the San Bernardino terror attack, and clearly demonstrating he is not going to do anything more than he has been doing, and quickly skipping on to where he really wanted to be (the Kennedy Center), many people are furious.

Trump sounds like a savior against insanity to them.

Michael