The 2016 Presidential Ticket Thread[it was tough not putting this into Humor]

Old Hickory's speech today promised everything progressive but contained few answers. What I saw was slick, well-done new speak. She will be a problem for any Republican candidate unless she burns out. Too many crony capitalist / fascists donators support her and too many women will support her because she is a woman.

Carley F. was on Fox the other day and my wife and one daughter watched her with me. She was impressive. she could hold her own in a debate, primary, and general election.

I wonder how Marco Rubio will do. I like him, Rand, Cruz and Walker as potential presidential material.

Peter the reason that I started this thread was for folks here on OL to declare a ticket for both parties.

When we look back, it will be interesting to see who picked the actual ticket the earliest.

For example, my pick as of this e-mail is Walker-Fiorina for the R's and Clinton-Webb for the D's.

So, if it miraculously turns out that way, as of 6-15 I would have been the winning prognosticator.

So, rather than you telling us what you think about possibilities, just pick two (2) for each party.

A...

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess for the 2016 GOP nominee ... almost as 'fresh' as Hillary. JEB!

CHd_G-bWwAAyqS_.jpg

CHd_G-bWwAAyqS_.jpg

And his VP will be?

And his VP will be?

It's only two pages to review, Adam. I don't know how you keep track of things, or how you pay attention, but see my May 14th post on the first page ... see also your following comment: "This one has legs" ...

So, this thread is not a wish list but a prediction-ary. I forgot. As time passes my reasons may change, and I will certainly be better informed after the first primaries. Care to predict the biggest primary surprises?

Democrat? Old Hickory Clinton and some experienced older gentleman, like Bill Clinton for VEEP. Can they do that?

Republican? Walker for POTUS and Jeb for VP.

And his VP will be?

It's only two pages to review, Adam. I don't know how you keep track of things, or how you pay attention, but see my May 14th post on the first page ... see also your following comment: "This one has legs" ...

"My early bet for the Democrat ticket is Clinton/O'Malley."

My error Bill.

Rubio for Pres & Fiorina for VP are my picks??? Want to bet on it Vegas?

Just kidding. That does make sense demographically, especially if Old Hickory is the Progressive candidate.

Female counters female. Hispanic, who is just fine to every conservative regardless of his ethnicity, will also pull in the Hispanic voters who historically vote democrat.

I am going to get everyone's early ticket picks into one update e-mail tomorrow.

This will have everyone on the same page.

A...

This changes everything!

trump.jpg

There are many reasons to hate Donald Trump, but I believe he will shake things up on a story-level. I doubt he will get the nomination, but you never know.

However, I saw Rachel Maddow talking about his announcement earlier, and she droned on, and on, and on, and on... Suddenly my ears perked up. Am I sensing fear? Sunuvabich. I am...

I don't think Rachel fears his candidacy qua candidacy, but she is in tune with the power of covert messages enough to know that when someone comes right out and says he is proud of his wealth, is loud about it, that he earned every penny of it through hard work and tough deal-making, and says this is the good and wants it for everybody, all that shaming the left likes to do goes right out the window.

Also, Trump is calling out the other Republican candidates to be plain-spoken, take stands, and be competent. After so much media manipulation, evasive answers and "control of the narrative," I believe this is an idea whose time has come with independent voters.

There are some other refreshing qualities about Trump, too. But I'm not stumping for him. While I don't think he will win, I do think his participation is going to drastically change the style of discourse in general on the Republican side--to plaintalk and a story that will resonate better with the average voter, one that is not so vulnerable to spinning by progressives.

That's what I think Rachel is afraid of.

Michael

According to the Clinton Foundation, Donald Trump is on their donor's list -- for more than $100,000.

The National Journal's Nora Kelly has a thoughtful piece called "Here's Why Donald Trump Will Actually Matter in 2016—and a Few Reasons Why He Won't" In it she details these points:

How he could affect the 2016 race

1. Trump could poll high enough to kick a more typical—if less famous—candidate off the Fox and CNN debate stages

2. A Trump candidacy is great news for the news.

3. In that way, he's able to throw the news cycle off track by vacuuming up airtime and making other candidates answer for him.

Why the Trump effect won't matter for very long

1. He's able to throw the news cycle off track by vacuuming up airtime and making other candidates answer for him.

2. Trump is essentially running for fun—and a possible ratings boost.

3. Seventy-four percent. That's the number of Republican voters who said in a March poll that they could never see themselves voting for Trump

William,

According to Rush, Trump donated more to the Democrats than he did to the Republicans.

But I don't think the gotcha storyline is going to be effective with him, his influence, or the wrecking ball he will wield on presidential narratives (Republican and Democrat).

:smile:

In my view, it doesn't matter whether he gets the nomination or not. He will make media manipulation harder than it has been recently, and not just by sucking up airtime (Nora Kelly is engaged in wishful thinking here).

The American character has values like competence, pride in achievement, common sense, be a winner, etc., deeply embedded. Nobody would know that listening to American politicians these days, where the main themes are victimization and gotcha. I believe Trump is going to inject these other values back into the mainstream narrative.

I'm actually looking forward to it--especially to the snark show and PC warriors when they slowly realize what's happening as they gradually become irrelevant. I don't think the process will go all the way to their full destruction, but the show sure promises to be entertaining. I love it when sanctimonious control freaks bomb.

:smile:

Michael

I caught several videos about Trump today.

The left and the big-government Republicans are really bothered by Trump. They are all talking the same crap, that Trump is going to spoil the race somehow. A distraction. Will hog the media.

Even Chuck Todd said Trump plays by his own set of rules. What rules? According to Todd, Trump will say anything on any media. He will say what's on his mind, regardless. And this isn't fair to others.

Say what?

Yup.

That's his beef. That Trump doesn't try to deceive anyone about what he believes.

See here for the Todd video, but he's not the only person saying goofball things about Trump today. That is the gist underlying the criticism of all the others I heard today.

Trump was asked if his comments would hurt his chances. He said he tells the truth. If such truth hurts him, it hurts him. He's still going to say it.

How in hell is that a bad thing for anyone?

The media controllers claim this is the talk of a buffoon. But I bet a ton-load of people who were previously not sympathetic to Trump are suddenly listening--and it sounds good to them. Not enough to convince, not yet, but enough for them to think, "Wait a minute. I want to hear more from that guy." The media controllers know it, too.

I believe this is why I sense the fear in them.

Oh yeah. That and the fact Trump can fund his own campaign if he wishes. He has no need for old power structures and party bosses. He doesn't need their money.

Michael

Michael:

I agree that he is completely outside the bureaucratic bullshit that has become the consultant communication with the potential electorate.

So be it.

Here is a simple truth.

The United States is a sovereign country.

We have a right, and a responsibility, Constitutionally, to seal and protect the individual citizen's borders.

If that was the only action that his candidacy effects then I am supportive of the position.

A...

Even Glenn Beck.

Poor Glenn. You're gonna have to swallow this one, dude. Trump is resonating with your own audience. The meekness message in Christianity that you have recently been preaching is not his thing, and it's only partially America's thing. The iconic American heartland good guy--which is your audience--is meek to his mother and mentors, but not toward bullies. And everything else is an adventure to him.

Kinda like Trump, in fact.

I predict Glenn will change his opinion over time. Even if he doesn't, I'm fine with it. I'm loving this Trump wrecking ball. 

I want more.

:)

Michael

Hopefully, this will begin the shrinkage of the Republican power elite into the electoral Gulag of centralizing parties that lost their way from their roots.

This election should be quite telling.

I find it fascinating that there is relatively no discussion of the Article V movement in the US.

Sibley files Federal AVC Lawsuit against Congress

April 12, 2015--Montgomery Blair Sibley, an attorney based in Maryland, became the second person in United States history to file a federal lawsuit against members of Congress for failure to call an Article V Convention as required by Article V of the United States Constitution with the filing of a federal complaint in Washington, DC. The first person to file this type of lawsuit was the author of this article who filed two cases, Walker v United States in 2000 and Walker v Members of Congress is 2004. The latter suit was appealed to the Supreme Court.

As announced in his blog Sibley filed his suit on April 9, 2015 in the Superior Court for the District of Columbia, Civil Division. The defendants in the case are Majority leader Mitch McConnell of the United States Senate and John Boehner, Speaker of the House of Representatives. The complaint seeks a declaratory judgment and a writ of mandamus by the court requiring Congress to call an Article V Convention. It requests an advisory jury trial rather than a decision by the court itself. According to Mr. Sibley, the Superior Court was chosen as the court of choice because “it is an Article I federal court where ‘standing” is not a legal bar to the claim.”

http://foavc.org/

Mikee suggested Walker as his pick for prez. Today I received a letter in my email from Walker saying he may run if he receives some financial support.

OK, Mikee. Scott and Carley. What will be some good convention and rally chants?

I think Trump WILL add to the campaign though never win the nomination. For Trump it may just be as revealing as his reasons for vanity license plates.

I listened to Trump's minute political radio spot for a while and came to the conclusion that he is a fascist. Those spots will now be replayed.

Even Hillary, implying Trump is partly responsible for SC shooting:

HILLARY: TRUMP MEXICAN ‘RAPIST’ REMARKS CAN ‘TRIGGER’ SHOOTINGS LIKE CHARLESTON

Which Trump duly mocked:

TRUMP CAMPAIGN RESPONDS TO HILLARY LINKING HIM TO SOUTH CAROLINA SHOOTING: ‘SHE MUST BE NERVOUS’

I wanted to embed the videos, but Breitbart makes it way too complicated and spammy.

Michael

The Bobby Jindal announcement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=28&v=tILiwo2OdFw