the liberal utopia of "Sanctuary Cities"...

moralist

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can do?

Yes.

All you can do concerning the facts I just stated is to dismiss them as chaotic meaningless random noise... which is your right. :smile:

Greg

Ah, you got facts. How can you argue "facts" with an irrational asseverationist?

--Brant

don't even try, just have fun (and call them "chaotic, meaningless random noise," facts or no facts)

Thanks, Brant, I am having fun... but you call them meaningless and random... not me :wink:

As Michael would put it, I live by a different core story...

It's the Judeo/Christian story where what is happening to America right now is fulfilling a larger meaning and purpose. The connection of what is happening in America today to what happened in Israel of 500bc is nothing less than astounding. I only barely scratched the surface on that connection here, and instead only stated the effect... the precise timing of events that have already happened because that can't be dismissed by the good folk here who live by the secularist core story.

My core story told me to build an ark before the flood... and so I did. So these huge economic calamities are reduced to mere entertainment because I have zero exposure to the debt markets on which the secularist core story people gamble their economic future, :smile:

Greg

Yeah, that's the guy, Michael Cahn. :smile:

As a secularist you can make fun of him, but he's addressed the United Nations, spoken at the Presidential Prayer Breakfast, and written best sellers that have sold millions of copies....

...whereas all you can do is "google" like a government "blind scribe" bureaucrat.

He discovered the connection that explained how the two biggest stock market drops in US history both occurred on the last day of a Sabbath (7th) year... when under Moasic law the Israelites cancelled all debts on that day. And what happened on both of those days seven years apart?... debt collapsed.

...and the "rational" secularist explanation is stupid random chance.

You have reserved the right to laugh if he's wrong, William. See you in September... :wink:

Greg

Laugh at you, not him. Personally, I'm not into laughing at anyone. The crash, of course, has already happened--in China.

--Brant

and it may continue for a while

"Addressed the United Nations"?--that must be the weirdest argument from authority ever posted on an Objectivist site; the second weirdest is "Presidential Prayer Breakfast" spoke at; but best seller "millions of copies" doesn't make the top 10 or even 20

We have already checked Greg's facts about the whoopee in Washington: there are lots of special pancake flapping events around an inaugural. Cahn spoke at one of the flapjackings. Was it 'official' flapjackery, or did it have any connections with the President? Well, Greg has no clue, he even forgets the flapper's name.

On to the UN. Lots of people 'appear' at the UN, and lots of people 'speak' there. Let's see how Greg can mangle that 'fact' in service of the Pastorabi's end times whoopee.

Off you go, Greg, hand in hand with Mr Google, trying to find out the details of Pastorabi's date with the United Nations. Should be fun. Did he speak to the General Assembly, the Council, or did he speak at one of the thousands of symposia held at that august Agenda 21 spa? Moreover, what did he speak about? By Greg's lights we are supposed to be aroused that a man spoke at a pancake and at a blur of diplomats and bureaucrats? What is the logical connection? What is the 'credential' that Cahn has gained by the pancake and the bureaux?

Mark my words and mark the words of the Pastorabi and mark the words of Greg. On the date in question (oops, a Sunday, but hey) the US dollar will crash. That is the central claim of this bold bit of messianic astrology.

As for the general drift of Greg's Christ-Fil-A flappery, it is just so funny that he tempts us atheists with some kabbala prophecy of end days.

Here is Cahn doing his bit to decry Christian persecution before the Agenda 21 blind scribes. There is some clapping at the end, when Cahn stops shouting and everyone realizes it is over. End times? Nah. The fourtieth-guur of Shnemrat? Nope. The eleventy-fifth of Jehebedeh? Nope. None of that for the bureaux.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqPit74onAI

Edited by william.scherk

All I can do?

Yes.

All you can do concerning the facts I just stated is to dismiss them as chaotic meaningless random noise... which is your right. :smile:

Greg

Ah, you got facts. How can you argue "facts" with an irrational asseverationist?

--Brant

don't even try, just have fun (and call them "chaotic, meaningless random noise," facts or no facts)

Thanks, Brant, I am having fun... but you call them meaningless and random... not me :wink:

As Michael would put it, I live by a different core story...

It's the Judeo/Christian story where what is happening to America right now is fulfilling a larger meaning and purpose. The connection of what is happening in America today to what happened in Israel of 500bc is nothing less than astounding. I only barely scratched the surface on that connection here, and instead only stated the effect... the precise timing of events that have already happened because that can't be dismissed by the good folk here who live by the secularist core story.

My core story told me to build an ark before the flood... and so I did. So these huge economic calamities are reduced to mere entertainment because I have zero exposure to the debt markets on which the secularist core story people gamble their economic future, :smile:

Greg

Uh, Greg. You called them "meaningless and random," not me. I quoted you. You need to read a little slower. You aren't the first I've seen ruined by a speed-reading course. I see that while your brain is gone, the fingers can still type, assuming you didn't program yourself into a computer a few years ago just before it killed you and took over your household prior to teaming up with SkyNet. That's right. I know about Skynet. The jig is up.

--Brant

I guess you know what's going to happen in September because it's you who's going to push the button

calling Arnold--and James Cameron (I have an idea for a hell of a movie)

the good Terminator needs your address (he needs some electrical work, honest)

The connection of what is happening in America today to what happened in Israel of 500bc is nothing less than astounding. I only barely scratched the surface on that connection here, and instead only stated the effect... the precise timing of events that have already happened because that can't be dismissed by the good folk here who live by the secularist core story.

Whoopee. You really did down that Harbinger Kool Aid. The core story is Magic Jehovah. The rest is window-dressing and hyperventilation, end-times spatterings of an hysteric in full fry.

Here are some random-ish selections of Cahn doing his astrological fry-ups, so that you can expand the limits of your claims and pad out your OL kook content (I purposely obscure the linkbacks of your messiah. You can get unmuddled as to what you said and what he said and when, and what part is Cahn and what part is misremembered -- by performing intercourse with Mr Google):

“The harbingers have continued to manifest and America’s apostasy from God has only accelerated. In April of this year, in the midst of the Shemitah, the Supreme Court will hear a case that will likely end marriage as we know it. The verdict will be released in June. That will mark a critical point in America’s fall from God.”

“The judgment and destruction of Israel was carried out by the Assyrians, the fathers of terrorism. The emergence of ISIS and its conflict with America is ominous.”

“I want people to be aware and be warned . . . . In the last 40 years . . . you have these collapses in the markets, long term collapses. The dates are 1973, 1980, 1987, 2000 and 2007. Every single one of them is on the seven year cycle. Not only that, every single one of them happens at the time of the Shemitah. It’s not just a 7 year cycle, but on the exact appointed time. This has happened every single time, and the last two have been so exact . . . what you have is the greatest stock market point crash, September 17, caused by 9/11. That day that it crashed is “Elul 29,” the day that is appointed in the Bible of an exact date you have to wipe out financial accounts and becomes a sign of warning of a nation under judgment. On the exact day, September 17, 2001, you have “Elul 29” that happens not just once a year, Elul 29 happens every 7 years. Then, that record stays for the next 7 years until you get to the great crash of the great recession. The greatest crash in history, September 29, 2008, they ring the bell, and the bell refuses to ring. They take that as a sign, and on that day comes the greatest crash in American history. Not only on that day, but it was the wipe-out day of the Shemitah that happens only once every 7 years. So, the two greatest crashes happened exactly 7 Biblical years apart down to the day, down to the hour, and down to the minute. We need to be aware because we have entered the year of the Shemitah, now. The beginning of the Shemitah is very un-dramatic . . . but if something is going to happen this cycle, the pattern is that it happens at the end of the cycle. That focuses around the time of September. This is a time when some of the biggest crashes have happened.”

“In ‘The Harbinger‘ I warned of the nine harbingers of judgment that appeared in Israel’s last days that are appearing now, The signs have not stopped since the book came out. They’ve continued. One year ago one of those nine signs of America was destroyed on a Jewish holy day (of Passover), and on the night of its destruction the moon turned red.”

He was referring to the “Tree of Hope,” a cedar tree that was planted near Ground Zero of the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center towers, in place of a sycamore that had been destroyed by the falling debris. The cedar withered and died, and was removed on Passover of 2014. The cedar is a symbol of a nation’s strength in Old Testament Bible prophesy.

“Another of the nine harbingers, the president went down to ground zero (in 2012) and ascribed words on its highest beam that described words of judgment that led to the destruction of ancient northern Israel,” Cahn said.

Without knowing that he was repeating the prideful vow of ancient Israel as recorded by the prophet Isaiah in Isaiah 9:10, Obama wrote on the steel girder of the rebuilt tower: “We remember. We rebuild. We come back stronger.”

“This past weekend, the top of that tower right above those words (of the president) was also bathed in rainbow. A Tower of defiance,” Cahn said. “God is long-suffering and merciful, but God is not mocked.”

Whoo-hoo!

And more. Sin! Supreme Court! End of Christian America!

Edited by william.scherk

Uh, Greg. You called them "meaningless and random," not me. I quoted you.

You either agree or you disagree, Brant.

The timing of those events are either chaotic meaningless and random... or they are part of a larger meaningful pattern.

You can't have it both ways.

So which is it?

I guess you know what's going to happen in September because it's you who's going to push the button.

I believe it will happen... because of the long chain of improbable events which precede it, as well as the most unlikely sequence of connections linking it to events thousands of years ago. The existence of those connections is completely beyond any statistically computed odds. This makes the next event perfectly logical.

Even if you ignore everything else, one of the fully mundane reasons is that the dumb suckers have racked up debts to levels exceeding 2008. :wink:

Greg

Outside of anything else, Harbinger is a badass name on a book title.

I like it a lot better than Canary in the Coal Mine, Omen or Portent and so on.

I'm serious, too. I love the name Harbinger. All those subconscious tugs...

I can't say much for the prediction stuff. I don't resonate with that form of thinking.

Except maybe this:

Jonathan Cahn sure knows communication, but ultimately, I fear he is evil.

I can prove it with my trusty Evil Finder. Here are the results:

THE IRREFUTABLE PROOF: JONATHAN CAHN IS EVIL   J   O   N   A   T   H   A   N   C   A   H   N  74  79  78  65  84  72  65  78  67  65  72  78     <- ASCII values   2   7   6   2   3   9   2   6   4   2   9   6     <- all digits added  \_________/ \_________/ \_________/ \_________/   6           5           3           8             <- final sumTherefore, "Jonathan Cahn" actually stands for 6538.Subtract 1967 - the year Che Guevara was executed in Bolivia. This gives you 4571.Subtract 61 - the atomic number of sulfur, written backwards. This gives 4510.Subtract 1969 - the year of Woodstock. This gives you 2541.Add 3591 to it - the year Ron Hubbard incorporated the Church of Scientology, written backwards. The result is 6132.Write the number backwards, add 5 - the number of books in Torah. The number is now 2321.Turned backwards, this yields 1232, the octal representation of 666 - the Number of the Beast...Chillingly evil.

(Presented in fun, not mockery.)

:smile:

Michael

The guy is Jewish. Give him a country and he'll start a war. Therefore, keep him out of Israel.

We weren't so lucky. We gave the country to George W. Bush. He started the "War on Terror" and invaded Afghanistan--could have gotten away with that one--then Iraq. (Whoops!).

--Bran

give me a secularist paying lip service to religion, not a religionist paying lip service to secularism--no lip service?--that's an ideologue; a political whore is controllable to some extent, smoothing out excesses, even some Bush excesses (so I like to think [i've no data so I imagine it])

As a language observer, I have to give a gold star to Greg's phrase:

.. toothless cogs like you in their unproductive machine...

The images are infinite..

Metropolis anyone?

A...

Outside of anything else, Harbinger is a badass name on a book title.

It's one hell of a core story, Michael... and I subscribe to it. :smile:

You might like this. It's Eddie Murphy being paranoid in one of the funniest movies ever made.

Greg

As a language observer, I have to give a gold star to Greg's phrase:

.. toothless cogs like you in their unproductive machine...

The images are infinite..

Metropolis anyone?

A...

The liberal government lusts after people like William.

"Those who can... do. Those who can't... google." :laugh:

Good flick, by the way.

Fritz Lang was a visionary.

Greg

Taking that at face value, it is fallacious on several grounds. First, few illegal immigrants commit any crimes. Second, the man had been arrested for non-violent crimes, selling marijuana, notably. Whatever the genesis of Francisco Sanchez's horrible crime, neither his status as an illegal, nor his prior arrests are related to it.

The Daily Mail article brought us revealing details about Kathryn Steinle. Her death was a tragedy. But whether she was privileged or poor is irrelevant to her death. Making it political is wrong.

Let me be explicit: No connection exists between her death and his status as an immigrant.

Anytime you want to revise your position, I would be interested is seeing how you do it.

Don't hold your breath, Adam... :wink:

Note that the latest jihad murders in the military recruiting centers were both in gun free zones.

Has anyone noticed the insanity of soldiers needing to get government permission to be armed?

This is yet another example of the hysteria of feminized liberals being expressed as public policy..

Greg

A twelve year Marine said we should just call them what they are...

targets sport-graphics-archery-075006.gif

He was one pissed off Gyrene

Taking that at face value, it is fallacious on several grounds. First, few illegal immigrants commit any crimes. Second, the man had been arrested for non-violent crimes, selling marijuana, notably. Whatever the genesis of Francisco Sanchez's horrible crime, neither his status as an illegal, nor his prior arrests are related to it.

The Daily Mail article brought us revealing details about Kathryn Steinle. Her death was a tragedy. But whether she was privileged or poor is irrelevant to her death. Making it political is wrong.

Let me be explicit: No connection exists between her death and his status as an immigrant.

Anytime you want to revise your position, I would be interested is seeing how you do it.

All you can say is if the killer wasn't here he may have murdered someone else elsewhere. I don't understand how MM has come to his silly conclusion. Illegal immigrant means he's here to kill her. Legal means he's not here for he couldn't be here. More importantly, how is MM's conclusion anything but a dead end? He seems to be saying there's really nothing to discuss except it's being discussed. Politics is all about what the law should be about, so of course the issue is political for lack of effective, extant law enforcement. Trump did a bad job of framing the discussion, that's all.

--Brant

All you can say is if the killer wasn't here he may have murdered someone else elsewhere.

...as long as it's been established as a sanctuary city by feminized liberals.

So, where is/are the study/studies, post 2010, that demonstrate, indicate, hint that less "crime" exists in the illegal immigrant population within the United States based on some per capita weighting, e.g., per 1,000; per 100,000?

A...