People are awesome

Jules Troy

Well, I can't imagine doing those things. It's like another planet. I see no moral dimension to killing yourself for an adrenaline thrill, but obviously I'm no adrenaline junky. After my brother survived a double malfunction skydiving in Yugoslavia in 1970, he sold his equipment. Growing up he had a reckless streak and I was "much more sensible" (quoting our mother). I did do 13 static-line jumps in the army, the last out of a helicopter. Army riggers carefully fold and pack each chute. Right after Vietnam I visited my brother at Camp Pendleton on my way home to Arizona. We went to his skydiving outfit at Lake Elsinore. He just stuffed his chute into its bag. Some kind of macho thing. PPP = PPP (piss poor preparation = piss poor performance). He didn't jump that day, to my relief.

--Brant

My last jump I hit a freaking duck and broke a rib, that was enough "fun"

How did they set the duck's rib?

A...

Confused

The impact while free falling and me colliding with the duck broke MY rib, and I almost passed out because it knocked the wind out of me.

lol, I know, I was just breaking your balls

Actually, colliding with a flying duck while skydiving could be fatal. I've seen what birds can do to a small airplane--windshield and wing. Canada Geese set up "the miracle on fhe Hudson." Jules could have been pushing 200mph when he hit the duck.

--Brant

Jules could have been pushing 200mph when he hit the duck.

He shoulda ducked...

Jules could have been pushing 200mph when he hit the duck.

He shoulda ducked...

He did! That's why he hit it!

--Brant

duck (verb): hit a duck by ducking (ducking a duck--not to be confused with fucking a duck even though the duck gets all fucked up and not in turn to be confused with ducks fucking; that's between the ducks)