Atlas Society's 2011 Summer Seminar in Anaheim, CA

Dennis Hardin

Roger's talk was fascinating, especially in giving some logical structure to such activist and rhetorical phenomena as the famous Nolan Chart. (Also known by the "World's Smallest Political Quiz" that the Advocates for Self-Government have long attached to it.)

He's both affable and effective in being extemporaneous about a topic that he's long been pondering. I've encountered many people on many topics, in and out of academe, who've focused so long and so intently on their detailed interests as to find difficulty in detaching enough to explain them clearly to others. Roger is adept at avoiding that pitfall.

It was a pleasure to see him again, to have him enlighten the Karl Hess Club regulars, and to buy an autographed copy of his "Reflective Trombone" jazz CD. As soon as I'll be able to risk it without waking the neighbors at my flat, it goes into my deck!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roger's talk was fascinating, especially in giving some logical structure to such activist and rhetorical phenomena as the famous Nolan Chart. (Also known by the "World's Smallest Political Quiz" that the Advocates for Self-Government have long attached to it.)

He's both affable and effective in being extemporaneous about a topic that he's long been pondering. I've encountered many people on many topics, in and out of academe, who've focused so long and so intently on their detailed interests as to find difficulty in detaching enough to explain them clearly to others. Roger is adept at avoiding that pitfall.

It was a pleasure to see him again, to have him enlighten the Karl Hess Club regulars, and to buy an autographed copy of his "Reflective Trombone" jazz CD. As soon as I'll be able to risk it without waking the neighbors at my flat, it goes into my deck!

I agree with this assessment--both of Roger as a speaker and his talk.

Roger, as I told you afterwards, I thought you did a boffo job with your presentation.