ARCHN site

Dragonfly

I've mentioned this link already in another thread, but I think it is interesting enough to put it also in the "Links" forum. The site is not strictly limited to a discussion of Nyquist's book: there is now for example a series of posts dedicated to PARC, with the title The Virtue of Sycophancy. A quote:

It's not every day we get to read a book as gloriously cracked as this one - in fact we confidently predict Valliant's vast apparatchik tome will do more to enhance Objectivism's cult-like reputation than anything her critics could come up with.

Apparently not everyone is converted by The Book...

Thanks Dragonfly. I just added the ARCHN link to the master link list under Objectischism - A Community Divided (Schisms & Criticisms). Some may wonder why we even have such a section of links. These sites may be of interest to our readers and inclusion on the list is by no means an endorsement of them. Michael and I hold the stance that no premise is so sacred that it cannot be checked.

I'm glad to see that even some of Rand's critics are not taken in by the malicious smear campaign of CRAP.

Kat

Dragonfly,

One of the reasons that I keep recommending Mr. Valliant's book is the likelihood of this kind of response from non-Randians.

Granted, one of the contributors to the site in question is Daniel Barnes, who used to be active on the old SOLOHQ--until one day Mr. Perigo threw a fit, declared him a "pusball," and banned him. Mr. Barnes would know about the book, and some of Mr. Valliant's defenses of it, from his experience there.

It remains to be seen whether The Passion of Ayn Rand's Critics will be able to garner much of a readership outside of Rand-land.

I've noticed that Mr. Valliant hasn't even taken his pitch to libertarian groups, as some of his fans were urging him to.

Robert Campbell

I'm glad to see that even some of Rand's critics are not taken in by the malicious smear campaign of CRAP.

Kat, I think you should replace "even" by "of course" (and "some" by "many" if not "most"), as the only people who will be taken in by that nonsense are the true believers who really want to think that Rand was infallible and that NB is the Devil Incarnate. To people who are more skeptical (many of whom are certainly no "Brandroids") Valliant's methods are blindingly obvious.