Sarah Rips Obama A New One

Sarah Rips Obama A New One

People know I am fond of Sarah Palin. I really, really like it when she shines, and boy did she ever in her last Facebook post called Scandalous Hat Trick (also reproduced on SarahNET for those who don't want to sign into Facebook to see it).

I'll just let her words speak for themselves.

Scandalous Hat Trick

Mr. President, when it rains it pours, but most Americans hold their own umbrellas. Today in the Rose Garden you dismissed the idea of a Special Counsel to investigate the IRS scandal. With that, your galling political hubris shined bright in the midst of today’s dark clouds.

Mr. President, how can we trust your Justice Department to conduct an independent investigation when there is a systemic violation of the Hatch Act throughout your administration?

Surely you are aware that the Hatch Act prevents certain federal employees from engaging in political activity. Specifically, it’s illegal for these federal employees to engage in action in support of or in opposition to a political party, a candidate for partisan political office, or a partisan political group.

Yet that is exactly what’s happened within the IRS, the Justice Department, and in the Benghazi cover-up. This scandalous hat trick is on your watch. It is not believable that you knew nothing about Obama administration actions in dealing with these scandals. And in regards to Benghazi, when you should have taken appropriate action to save American lives – for instance by calling in the Marines – you were AWOL. Just weeks before the election your team scrubbed the Benghazi talking points in 12 different versions, lied to the American people about some YouTube video being to blame for the deaths of brave Americans who put our country first, and you prove Michael Barone right when he writes, “What actually happened in Benghazi was out of sync with the Obama campaign line.” That’s why you all did what you did. Pure raw politics were at play during a horrific time of loss.

For more evidence of Hatch Act violations right under your nose, simply consider DOJ’s “massive and unprecedented intrusion” into the free press. Do you think they picked up some political talk when tapping the phones in the House press gallery?

Your team is out of control. Those who cannot remember the past and learn from it are doomed to repeat it, and that is exactly what is happening. Look back exactly 40 years ago this week and apply that disheartening chapter of American history to the team you’ve chosen and lead today.

Some of us warned America; we cautioned voters in 2008 that a community organizer with no executive experience and no sense of accountability would be a very poor choice for the nation’s top management position.

Mr. President, you said today that you have “complete confidence” in the Attorney General. America doesn’t. Eric Holder needs to appoint an unbiased Special Counsel to investigate the illegal political action of this administration. And then Eric Holder needs to resign.

Most Americans see ominous dark clouds looming beyond the White House Rose Garden, Mr. President. They’ll roll away only when light is shined on the Obama administration’s antics, and America will only recover when you cease avoiding responsibility in this mission of yours to fundamentally transform America. For that to happen, the press had better learn from their experiences of being duped and provide a deserving public fairer, more intelligent coverage.

Speaking of coverage, glad you finally called in the Marines... shame it was just to hold your umbrella.

- Sarah Palin

I know people think I'm ignoring a lot with her, but I don't think I am. I disagree with her on some things, but I have no doubt problems like these sleazy Obama things would not exist if she become President. And if something like that did come up, I have no doubt some righteous heads would roll in abundance. And it would not be a dog and pony show like we get now.

Michael

If I thought she was actually writing these words herself, I'd be more inclined to give more thought to what she was saying.

I don't believe she writes these things on her own. Not hardly. She was coached to the hilt during her VP campaign by a staff that grew increasingly frustrated with her. When she goes off script, she tends to do things like claim foreign policy experience because Russia is on the other side of the bearing strait or forget what media source informs her political views.

Honestly, I think that's why I don't put a lot of stock in these sort of political statements that she releases. I'm not convinced it's really her authoring them. But any editorial will get a lot more attention coming from an attractive woman than from, say, Newt Gingrich.

If I thought she was actually writing...

Kacy,

That's an opinion, I suppose...

Michael

It is. I admit I can't say for sure whether she authors these types of statements.

As I understand it, her book "Going Rogue" was largely ghostwritten by Lynn Vincent, whom she neglected to credit on the cover of the book. This was my first hint (years ago) that Palin is not averse to taking full credit for other people's writings.

The rest is just intuition... comparing what she says in unscripted discussion (interviews, etc) with how mysteriously eloquent she is during written essays and scripted speeches. The two don't really compare.

But you're right... I have no hard evidence.

The good politicians do is trite compared to the bad. Even Ronald Reagan. You see the good doesn't tend to last but the damage from the bad goes on and on via the deteriorating nature of democratic--maybe any--state governance. Sarah is only good for entertainment value. I don't look forward to her in a national elective office.

--Brant

and the costs keep going up

The rest is just intuition... comparing what she says in unscripted discussion (interviews, etc) with how mysteriously eloquent she is during written essays and scripted speeches. The two don't really compare.

Kacy,

Do you really do that?

Or do you read the opinions of others who claim they do?

Somehow I don't see you wasting that much time on a lunatic and psychopath.

:)

btw - You should see the difference in Ayn Rand's "unscripted discussion" and how "mysteriously eloquent she is during written essays and scripted speeches," especially after she has had the time to do the revision and polishing work.

It's like night and day.

(You can get a notion of Rand's revision processes in The Art of Nonfiction: A Guide for Writers and Readers by Ayn Rand, edited and altered to the gills by one Robert Mayhew.)

It seems kind of silly to imply that Sarah does not need to revise her work, that it should flow out of her forehead automatically like Athena leaped fully armed out of the head of Zeus.

Michael

Is the revised stuff any good? I don't read any of it myself.

Brant,

You mean Rand's writing books that were slapped together by others from some of her informal workshops?

They're actually pretty good--or awful, depending on what you are looking for. I have been thinking of doing an analysis of them because they have great advice for writers along with some toxic booby-traps. (I won't even go into the irritating editing problem other than to use it to qualify my criticism and praise of these books--meaning that my opinions will be based on a flawed impression of Rand's words, but one I have no control over.)

I believe if a young writer starts with them and takes them to heart as writing primers, he will be shut down right out of the gate on any project he undertakes. Or he will get so constrained and afraid of being wrong, the project will probably suck. But if he has developed some writing chops, enough to know what to discard because it doesn't work for him, some of the advice is wonderful and highly insightful. Enough Rand made it through the editing for the value to shine for those who look for it.

Michael

et al,

this is another thread which has gotten way off from the original topic.

Can we really afford to change the subject given the plight of our society?

Are we to accept that our society is doomed to become "transformed" as Justice Kagan and President Obama wish?

Or are we to assume that the market is indestructible no matter how much the interventions deviate from the powers granted by the Founders?

If there is still hope shouldn't we be focused on figuring our what needs to be done or have we already figured that out?

While we are off the Sarah Palin topic I must admit that despite her shortcomings, the Christianity thing, the trisomy 21 is a gift from God thing and I don't even have to think about it for a moment thing, I wouldn't mind if she ran in the GOP primary against Rand Paul in 2016.

In the meantime I have to decide whether to replace my self propelled 6HP gas lawn mower with a cordless Li ion rechargeable battery or a corded but lighter push mower if a 100 foot cord would enable me to reach every corner of my little not so flat lot.

I fear the end is near and I am going to go out of my mind altogether because I don't want my two year old adorable, precious grandson to endure the economic collapse, financial tsunami and resulting political chaos to follow in the years ahead.

You guys know that the antidote is known but what is the likelihood that enough people will come to be aware of it and then accept it given the mentality and indoctrination all over this world?

gg

You sometimes read a little too fast.

Brant,

I do, but not in this case. It was short, so I read it 3 or 4 times and still didn't manage to understand which one you were talking about, or both.

That's why I asked...

:smile:

Michael

I'll let this one pass, Michael. After all, Brant is Brant.

--Brant

et al,

Are we to accept that our society is doomed to become "transformed" as Justice Kagan and President Obama wish?

Or are we to assume that the market is indestructible no matter how much the interventions deviate from the powers granted by the Founders?

If there is still hope shouldn't we be focused on figuring our what needs to be done or have we already figured that out?

While we are off the Sarah Palin topic I must admit that despite her shortcomings, the Christianity thing, the trisomy 21 is a gift from God thing and I don't even have to think about it for a moment thing, I wouldn't mind if she ran in the GOP primary against Rand Paul in 2016.

In the meantime I have to decide whether to replace my self propelled 6HP gas lawn mower with a cordless Li ion rechargeable battery or a corded but lighter push mower if a 100 foot cord would enable me to reach every corner of my little not so flat lot.

I fear the end is near and I am going to go out of my mind altogether because I don't want my two year old adorable, precious grandson to endure the economic collapse, financial tsunami and resulting political chaos to follow in the years ahead.

You guys know that the antidote is known but what is the likelihood that enough people will come to be aware of it and then accept it given the mentality and indoctrination all over this world?

gg

Neither you nor your grandson need be run over by any economic-political tsunami even though if you look at the beach the water is receding. There are many practical things you can do. One big thing you can do for him right now is encourage his parents to get him into a Montessori pre-school and seriously expose him to a foreign language such as Mandarin or Spanish or both.

--Brant

Kacy,

Do you really do that?

Wow... you have really misjudged me.

et al,

gg

Neither you nor your grandson need be run over by any economic-political tsunami even though if you look at the beach the water is receding. There are many practical things you can do. One big thing you can do for him right now is encourage his parents to get him into a Montessori pre-school and seriously expose him to a foreign language such as Mandarin or Spanish or both.

--Brant

Eventually all the trillions of dollars Bernanke has created will find their way into the market and drive the prices of everything up higher. One catalyst will be the loss of world reserve currency which will seal the fate of the dollar and that eventuality is upon us sooner than one can imagine. Whoever is pulling the strings in China which holds a huge chunk of US TReasuries realizes that they will be redeemed in dollars whose purchasing power is greatly diminished. China is stocking up on half of the gold which is mined each year.

Not enough of our countrymen are savvy enough to have prepared for the future. So many are out of work and have given up looking for a job. The manipulation of the gold and silver markets have added to the reputation of precious metals as being too volatile to be a safe place for one's assets. The shows about doomsday preppers give that practice a bad rap as they are perceived as kooks who are paranoid.

When all hell breaks loose just the cost of oil will make it difficult for the trucking industry and super market shelves may go empty as a consequence. Too many people with not enough or no food will lead to turmoil and civil unrest . It might serve as a solution to the obesity problem however.

My grandson is already in Montessori.

I doubt that the president will let go of the reins of power. I suspect he is trying to make matters so bad that he could declare martial law and postpone an election indefinitely. Or his supporters could manage to amend the constitution to allow another term for him as his policies need more time to work.

10,000 people a day for the next decade are counting on the benefits they become eligible for at 65 years of age. The cost will be in the tens of trillions of as yet to be printed dollars. It is a worry the politicians ignore. Entitlements forever. Ayn Rand was quite perceptive about issues still not discussed by the media. Altruism still has a benevolent connotation and need remains a claim.

I am pleased to see the Atlas Society forming an alliance with both the Students for Liberty and the Young Americans for Liberty which are both growing all over in the colleges.Neither is a top down organization. Both nurture members to use their ingenuity to enhance the message and to pass the torch. They are truly our only hope.

gg

I have to revise my comment below because of this post on another thread (why it wasn't put here, I don't know).

Kacy,

Do you really do that?

. . .

Here's how I would phrase it now:

Do you really do that?

Somehow I don't see you wasting that much time on those who sell lunacy and dupe the American public for opportunistic gain

(Maybe psychopathy, too, but I'm not sure.) :smile:

I learned that there are only three ways you can learn something about someone:

1. From observing what they do with your own two eyes.

2. From what they say about themselves.

3. From what others say about them.

As I am pretty familiar with the work of both Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin from observing them over several years, I conclude your opinion is informed solely by No. 3--and using very polarized partisan sources at that. You have a good mind and I find it inconceivable that you would look at a fact with your own two eyes and say it is not true, that a myth is the real reality instead.

Rather than argue with the myths you digest and repeat, I prefer to wait until you get some first-hand observation under your belt--hopefully observation done in objective mode.

Here's the thing, and it's epistemological. I have observed many, many people use their reasoning capacity backwards. They judge something (usually based on narratives obtained from others), then try to identify it.

The correct way is to drop all the narratives and observe with the sole purpose of identifying. Once you can say you know what it is, then you can evaluate it correctly.

I call this going from cognitive to normative--the correct way. If you want quick thinking about something, then use normative to cognitive, but that is more for shorthand thinking and is often not accurate.

Michael

GG: the cost of oil will not stop trucks from delivering food. That would take an EMP and that would destroy the country. The big trucks, which use 25% of the US consumption of oil, will soon be running on natural gas. There is, also, nothing to replace the US dollar as the world's reserve currency. You seem to have embraced every possible disaster to re-enforce your pessimism, but the disaster that might hit us might be none on your list. Regardless, the hollowing out of the middle class with the government's destruction of the country's capital base will continue, primarily because of the massive entitlements built into the spending structure and demographics.

--Brant

wish I had had a Montessori pre-school

GG: the cost of oil will not stop trucks from delivering food. That would take an EMP and that would destroy the country. The big trucks, which use 25% of the US consumption of oil, will soon be running on natural gas. There is, also, nothing to replace the US dollar as the world's reserve currency. You seem to have embraced every possible disaster to re-enforce your pessimism, but the disaster that might hit us might be none on your list. Regardless, the hollowing out of the middle class with the government's destruction of the country's capital base will continue, primarily because of the massive entitlements built into the spending structure and demographics.

--Brant

It is like the famous One Horse Shay. It will keep creaking along until it utterly collapses. The Day of Collapse may be delayed somewhat by the creation of an informal (and therefore extralegal) bartering exchanges. That is how a market economy and money system evolved in Europe during the middle ages. The banks (which were private) and the guilds produced letters of credit and exchanged which served as money. A little point of pride here, if I may. The system of letters of exchange and credit were invented initially by Ashkanazic Jews who were prevented by law and decree from owning agricultural land and forced Jews into more abstract forms of commerce, in particular franchising and lending. It turned out that this sort of exchange was the basis of modern fiat and credit money. It moved exchanged away from lugging heavy pieces of metal from here to there.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Reasonable minds accept that, at some point in an individual's rise to celebrity, his or her writings morph into more of a "brand" where direct authorship is replaced with systematic endorsement. So ragging on Sarah Palin for not writing every one of her opinion pieces and newsletters is just belaboring the obvious and besides the point. Yes, these celebrity politicians are profiting from the work of others, but they become accountable for the works of others as well. If we're being honest, Obama's central duty is reading scripts that are prepared for him, i.e., he is a brand, complete with his own logo. Reasonable minds know and accept this. But, rightly so, we hold him accountable for the ideas that fly under his brand as if they are his own, and we should now approach Sarah Palin's brand in the same way.

Reasonable minds accept that, at some point in an individual's rise to celebrity, his or her writings morph into more of a "brand" where direct authorship is replaced with systematic endorsement. So ragging on Sarah Palin for not writing every one of her opinion pieces and newsletters is just belaboring the obvious and besides the point. Yes, these celebrity politicians are profiting from the work of others, but they become accountable for the works of others as well. If we're being honest, Obama's central duty is reading scripts that are prepared for him, i.e., he is a brand, complete with his own logo. Reasonable minds know and accept this. But, rightly so, we hold him accountable for the ideas that fly under his brand as if they are his own, and we should now approach Sarah Palin's brand in the same way.

Amen! It is delightful seeing reason at work in a head not my own.

Amen! It is delightful seeing reason at work in a head not my own.

That's what OL is for: rare treats of rationality.

--Brant

watch the gears go 'round, albeit rarely

--Brant

It is like the famous One Horse Shay. It will keep creaking along until it utterly collapses. The Day of Collapse may be delayed somewhat by the creation of an informal (and therefore extralegal) bartering exchanges. That is how a market economy and money system evolved in Europe during the middle ages. The banks (which were private) and the guilds produced letters of credit and exchanged which served as money. A little point of pride here, if I may. The system of letters of exchange and credit were invented initially by Ashkanazic Jews who were prevented by law and decree from owning agricultural land and forced Jews into more abstract forms of commerce, in particular franchising and lending. It turned out that this sort of exchange was the basis of modern fiat and credit money. It moved exchanged away from lugging heavy pieces of metal from here to there.

Ba'al Chatzaf

The pride here is deserved because of the travails of Jewry through the centuries. It's positive reactive to ghettoization and anti-Semitism. If all the Jews in this country were numerically equal to today's whites and the whites to Jews, then I as a white man could logically have some "white pride," I suppose, if we had a lot of brains and accomplishments way out of whack to our numbers. But I have no "white pride" and if I did it would be collectivist, racist garbage. Unlike the Jews, I wouldn't get a pass if I did, but the Jews should thoroughly understand what is going on and that they aren't the only ones with interesting, productive brains and being goy is okay for the goys (goyim).

--Brant