19 Regional Words All Americans Should Adopt Immediately

Mikee

http://www.mentalflo...archives/122638

Use all 19 in as few sentences as possible...

Winners get...well... recognized as winners! (I'm betting someone from Canada wins).

Since this has nothing to do with hockey, you are probably right. :laugh:

Speaking of my NY Rangers first stop Ottawa...

• 2 weeks later...

Just arseling around, having been jabbled up by the coelacanth for 2 weeks, to the point of faunching and burking at one's own muzzle-wittedness and the impossibility of mugging up enough or even slugging beyond one's arky tech capabilities, one comes across this whoopensacker of a thread, wherein one finds not only a larruping hockey taunt from one whose team obviously has lost its jasm, perhaps from a surfeit of wapatuli or too many snuggies, and may soon subside into the snirt, but also the mention of "winning" something , although the something is not detailed and one hopes the judges of winners are neither too snoopy nor to chinchy-- this was a slatchy moment in the day of a bufflehead.

Chuck Norris, who needs him?

I love Chuck Norris!

My Karate instructor competed against Chuck Norris in the late 60's. He is more than just a celebrity. He founded "Kickstart Kids" and has always tried to be a "force for good". Many people have great respect for Chuck Norris the man, his celebrity status aside.

I have nothing against the valiant Chuck, in factI admire him for using his physical skills and not weaponry to be a force for good (if I am thinking of the right Chuck.) I was just adding onto a zany banter line that MSK started long ago on SOLO and quoted here somewhere.

I have nothing against the valiant Chuck, in factI admire him for using his physical skills and not weaponry to be a force for good (if I am thinking of the right Chuck.) I was just adding onto a zany banter line that MSK started long ago on SOLO and quoted here somewhere.

I missed the zany banter...though if it was long ago it is certain I have forgotten it. The advantage of a poor memory is I can re-read my favorite books every couple of years with the same enjoyment. I've forgotten if there are any other advantages.

When I saw the "19 words" article the first thing that popped into my head was "daunce could make a sentence out of all these words and it would actually make sense". I didn't expect anyone else to even try. You have crazy word meister skills. Best wishes to you and your lucky students.

BTW: Martial arts training includes weapons. It also includes character building. A weapon in the hands of a good person does not make that person a bad person.

I missed the zany banter...though if it was long ago it is certain I have forgotten it. The advantage of a poor memory is I can re-read my favorite books every couple of years with the same enjoyment. I've forgotten if there are any other advantages.

When I saw the "19 words" article the first thing that popped into my head was "daunce could make a sentence out of all these words and it would actually make sense". I didn't expect anyone else to even try. You have crazy word meister skills. Best wishes to you and your lucky students.

BTW: Martial arts training includes weapons. It also includes character building. A weapon in the hands of a good person does not make that person a bad person.

Thx Mikee. I am not against weapons. As I mentioned elsewhere, I am a rifle owner. I am against handguns and do not believe private citizens in Canada should be allowed to carry them, as I do not wish to live amongst an armed citizenry. I know it is different in the US, I believe I now have a thorough understanding of the rationale, though I will never agree with it.

My memory is rotten, but I comfort myself it is not old age since it has always been rotten, except for names and text. I have been losing my glasses since I was 16 and first got them, and in fact right now I can't remember where I last left them.

• 5 months later...

"Daunce, darling!"

Hmm, other than my respect for alliteration, sure sounds sensually serious to me...

"Editorial advice."

Must be a Canadian euphemism...

Seems to me that the lady doth protest too much...

Just some editorial commentary...

• 7 years later...

I'm upset about #6, jabble.  That's mine.  I invented that one years ago. Jabble, however is short for my proper word invention: b'jibba-jabble.  You can say jabble if you're in a hurry, but always use the proper b'jibba-jabble when you aren't pressed for time and/or speaking to someone who might stop, look confused and ask, "Hey, what's that mean?"  You may not have time to teach the meaning and sure not the spelling if you need to get out of there fast and make your next appointment on time.