Economic Stabilization Act of 1970

galtgulch

http://kingworldnews.com/chris-powell-broadcast-interview-available-now-3-1-15/

No time to explain.

Have to get ready to go to work.

Someone sued the government including the Fed, the Treasury, etc. whose lawyers claimed that even if they did what they were accused of doing, manipulating the markets in gold, etc., that they had the legal authority under an amendment to the 1934 Gold Stabilization Act in 1970.

So, although we are now living in a fascist dictatorship, it is all legal!

Not funny.

Question is if a bill were submitted by the Republicans, to REPEAL these fascistic, interventionistic ACTS, would Obama or his replacement sign it or veto it?

No surprise. The U.S. lived in a quasi fascist state under the administrations of T. Roosevelt and W. Wilson. Under Wilson's administration the railroads were nationalized for war reasons and returned to private management in 1922 three years after the Treaty of Versailles.

Then from the Administration of F.D.R even unto this day we have lived under a quasi fascist system.

If we ever return to Constitutional Rule I will exclaim: I'm shocked! shocked! to see a Republic functioning here!

Ba'al Chatzaf

In the speech today by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu he mentioned that every President since Harry S. Truman has supported Israel.

Does everyone now know why he left our any mention of President Franklin D. Roosevelt?

FDR turned away a ship carrying thousands of Jewish refugees escaping from Nazi Europe. There is no excuse for his antisemitism.

I think i learned about FDR by reading reviews in The Objectivist Newsletter of John Flynn's The Roosevelt Myth and George Crocker's Roosevelt's Road to Russia as well as Eugene Lyon's Russia's Paradise Lost and Anthony Sutton's Western Technology and Soviet Economic Development 1917-1935 which demonstrated how contracts with Western businessmen who sympathized with the Soviet Communist system gave their plans and blueprints to the Soviets so their factories could be built there and did so again even after their property was exploited.

Still FDR remains on a pedestal in this country and is credited with saving the country from the Great Depression which his policies prolonged.

Still hopeful.

Yes, there was no Israel for FDR to support. For that matter the British establishment was antisemitic and it is likely that they chose the location for Israel with the expectation that the Jewish people would not survive there, surrounded as they would be by enemies.

Generations of people lived on the land that once was the land of the Israelites, where they had built their temples.

I wish the radicals who want them to be killed and Israel destroyed would change their minds which it has been suggested should have been what Netanyahu advocated in his speech yesterday.

No surprise. The U.S. lived in a quasi fascist state under the administrations of T. Roosevelt and W. Wilson. Under Wilson's administration the railroads were nationalized for war reasons and returned to private management in 1922 three years after the Treaty of Versailles.

Then from the Administration of F.D.R even unto this day we have lived under a quasi fascist system.

If we ever return to Constitutional Rule I will exclaim: I'm shocked! shocked! to see a Republic functioning here!

Ba'al Chatzaf

It was not quasi-fascist: it was Fascist.

600px-1943D_Mercury_Dime_reverse.jpg

The fasces was added to US coinage in 1916. Mussolini's "March on Rome" was 1922. Fascism in particular - as right wing or left wing "syndicalism" or as Technocracy or Bolshevism - was the wave the future. In Brave New World, all of the clones are named after famous collectivists: Hoover, Benito, Trotsky, Mustapha, ...

To speak on topic, I was working in a factory in 1970. I did not emerge into the economy of technology until the Reagan Revolution enabled the Computer Revolution fifteen years later. In 1970, riding in to the factory with my boss, I was dismayed and disappointed to hear him support the wage and price freeze and the import restrictions. I could not change his mind. I did not change mine.