When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit-
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a person turns about
When they might have won had they stuck it out.
Don't give up though the pace seems slow-
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the victor's cup;
And he learned too late
when the night came down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out-
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit,
It's when things seem worst that you musn't quit.

This is a nice post jts.

I have wanted to ask you, do you consider otc pain relievers like aspirin etc. to be drugs? I thought of this because I did something to my back and am totally tranked out on Tylenol, which I acquired by herpling to the corner store in total agony, dressed in winter coat over pajamas. Nick Nolte meets the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Don't worry, I will not go to the doctor, no way I could make it to the door.

This is a nice post jts.

I have wanted to ask you, do you consider otc pain relievers like aspirin etc. to be drugs? I thought of this because I did something to my back and am totally tranked out on Tylenol, which I acquired by herpling to the corner store in total agony, dressed in winter coat over pajamas. Nick Nolte meets the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

A pain reliever will not fix your back. But if it stops the pain, maybe you won't know something is wrong with your back. It stops the pain because it is a poison.

This is a nice post jts.

A pain reliever will not fix your back. But if it stops the pain, maybe you won't know something is wrong with your back. It stops the pain because it is a poison.

So if you have pain, what do you do? Or do you never get headaches or anything, because you eat properly?

http://www.amazon.com/Treat-Your-Own-Back-802-9/dp/0987650408/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355688633&sr=8-1&keywords=robin+mckenzie

http://www.sportsrehabexpert.com/public/195.cfm

http://www.fixyourownback.com/

I've been there with the back pain. Good luck. High doses of Tylenol will kill your liver (and you). I went through several months of pain a few years ago after a weightlifting mishap. Ultimately an epidural put me on the road to recovery. Now my kettlebells and weights keep me tuned up though I still have the 6mm disk bulge. The chiropractor was zero help, the sports medicine doc diagnosed what was going on and the MRI agreed. I was unable to exercise myself back to health so eventually opted for the shot. Now I do 100-300 kettlebell swings per week and about the same of straight leg deadlifts. Amongst a bunch of other stuff. You must learn how your body works and exercise regularly. And get a low inflammation diet. You have my sympathies. The thermacare heat wraps helped make life bearable during the worst of it. A cold pack will relieve pain for the moment but won't aid healing. It is best used as an immediate aid, then sparingly. Heat does help the healing process and relaxes the muscles. You eventually need to learn and do the correct exercises to train the muscles that protect your back. Look up and read McGill, there are also many lectures and videos of his on-line. I believe he's Canadian so that should give you peace of mind.

So if you have pain, what do you do? Or do you never get headaches or anything, because you eat properly?

I don't have pain. A few times in my life, not recently, I had a headache. That was always accompanied by an aversion to food. Sleep, keep warm, don't eat; the headache goes away. Figure out what caused the headache and don't do it again. I used to get a headache from peanut butter, but strangely not from peanuts and not from 'organic' peanut butter. Very simple, don't eat normal peanut butter.