How is Barbara Branden these days?

blackhorse

Maybe she'll pop in to tell us how she feels about the new movie. I don't think she's been around since the first came out. There's a midnight showing tomorrow night near me, but I'll be waiting till Friday at the earliest.

Terry O'Quinn has arranged someone to be with her or check in on her on a regular basis. She last came here signed on on my birthday--March 28. She last posted over a year ago. I did not try to see her on my visit with Nathaniel and Leigh Branden last month. My working assumption is she is reading as always (Kindle books) but that's that. Since PARC has been demolished by sundry folk in various ways and that war has died, her acute need for posting seems to have passed by. She's a fighter who has fought her last (social-intellectual) fight, but is still with us albeit in retirement. I will try to visit/contact her on my next trip to LA on my way to Oregon in November.

--Brant

• 2 months later...

Sorry for joining this party late.

I've had my disagreements with Barbara, but her biography of Rand is stellar. She's a great human being. She is intelligent, confident and the few exchanges I had with her were very productive.

I understand if she can't be at OL often or if she retires from the online world. But I will still hold her in esteem, irrespective of whether or not she returns.

• 3 months later...

I received a very nice email from Barbara last week. If my schedule permits, I'm going to try to schedule a get-together with her and with Nathaniel and Leigh.

Leigh tells me that Barbara is working very diligently on her efficient thinking book. There is no projected completion date that I am aware of, but if/when someone finds out before I do, I hope they will post that information here.

REB

• 1 month later...

I did spend the afternoon with her recently when I was in LA back around 3 weeks ago.

We had a lovely discussion about an assortment of topics.

I have met few people in my life who are so intelligent at any age as Barbara is now . If I can be as sharp as Barbara is now ( I am 50 ) it would be a blessing , never mind in 30 years when I am 80 !

I did spend the afternoon with her recently when I was in LA back around 3 weeks ago.

I have met few people in my life who are so intelligent at any age as Barbara is now . If I can be as sharp as Barbara is now ( I am 50 ) it would be a blessing , never mind in 30 years when I am 80 !

Thanks for saying this.

--Brant

she has a very good friend in LA in Kerry O'Quinn

Thanks for saying this.

--Brant

she has a very good friend in LA in Kerry O'Quinn

Kerry is amazing , I missed him this time but last year the 3 of us went for lunch . Great man how he looks out for Barbara .