What was Mohammad's Motive to Shoot those Marines in Chattanooga?

I had forgotten about this skit - Rush played it today...

It is sad and scary. All of the mainstream media are reading from the same script. It is amazing that they all were corralled so tightly and so soon and so easily. See also my post on Engineers and Jihad because I was in an Infragard meeting not being told about this event four hours after it occurred.

Infragard

For those of you who do not speak Alpahbet, Buracratese and Close the door on the barn [ABC], it means:

InfraGard

InfraGard is a partnership between the FBI and the private sector. It is an association of persons who represent businesses, academic institutions, state and local law enforcement agencies, and other participants dedicated to sharing information and intelligence to prevent hostile acts against the U.S.

https://www.infragard.org/

Rachel Maddow is also among those who don't know motive. However, she did some actual journalism to go along with it.

I wish she were not an ideologue because she is very good when she wants to be. There is a video in this article on left-leaning Salon. The article:

Rachel Maddow on the ignorant scramble for answers in Chattanooga: “We do not yet know enough”
The MSNBC host isn't convinced we can label Mohammad Youssuf Abdulazeez a terrorist

If you go there and scroll down, there is a very good video by her with a completely different title: "TN shooting is latest in series of attacks on US military facilities."

She lays out the facts for a large number of recent attacks on military installations within US borders.

Michael

This is simply a case of correct application of a likely DEFAULT motive: his religion and Jihad, until more is learned. The media can't do this but we can.

--Brant

they can't doesn't mean they want to, but it's another case of correct application of a likely DEFAULT motive: their snivelling, ignorant, corporate money running their show, liberal-left anti-American cut the balls off America biases, until more is learned

This is simply a case of correct application of a likely DEFAULT motive: his religion and Jihad, until more is learned. The media can't do this but we can.

--Brant

they can't doesn't mean they want to, but it's another case of correct application of a likely DEFAULT motive: their snivelling, ignorant, corporate money running their show, liberal-left anti-American cut the balls off America biases, until more is learned

It is Muslims and it is crazies. The crazies are crazy but the Muslims are jihadists who are not supposed to be crazy just perverts of religion. That angry tipping point has been reached. Why doesn't Trump say, "Stop inviting these monsters into our country!"

Gun free zones? Our Disarmed Forces? Sitting ducks.

What a disgrace. I propose all soldiers stationed at recruitment centers be issued AR's and a handgun.
I further propose all soldiers on bases be able to carry whatever sidearm they want.

I had forgotten about this skit - Rush played it today...

Piss in the Pants Time!!!!!

Gun free zones? Our Disarmed Forces? Sitting ducks.

What a disgrace. I propose all soldiers stationed at recruitment centers be issued AR's and a handgun.

I further propose all soldiers on bases be able to carry whatever sidearm they want.

What is actually needed is certification of military firearms bearers with proper, legal use of standard 9mm semi-automatic pistols. Then comes the carry if signed off on by the superior in the chain in command. It should probably be limited to E-5 or E-4 and above. They could also act as auxiliaries to the Military Police. Most in the military are not trained in the use of these firearms. Military spouses could concomitantly receive such training and certification.

(The need for all this kind of thing is greater in Israel and includes civilians being ad hoc defended by off duty soldiers carrying M-16 type weapons. Since one of their soldiers losing his rifle means several years in prison, you'll see them dancing with them slung over their shoulders. [This kind of information is all second-hand to me as I've never been to Israel to see this first hand.])

Few in the military get training in sidearm use. Except for MPs, none in defensive weapons use. A soldier with a rifle is just trained in how to kill with it and little on how to take prisoners or how to act alone. Remember Kent State? National Guardsmen with loaded rifles--M-14s I think, firing NATO rounds--shooting down college students. (The ongoing militarization of US police forces is another, unrelated issue.)

All members of the Muslim religion should be excluded and generally, but not absolutely, not permitted to join or be a part of the military. Exceptions could include use of language such as translators and intelligence. No Arabs. No Persians. Again, generally speaking. There are sub-groups of Arabs who aren't Muslims and sects of Muslims not having anything to do with not living in peace. Most Muslims aren't jihadists but you never know when junior will decide it's time to go to paradise. Young Muslims deciding to do this sort of thing is similar to American leftists using bombs over 40 years ago or robbing banks. They did not usually come from blue-collar families. (I don't know where the black panthers and liberationists, some of them with Patty Hearst in tow, came from respecting their family backgrounds.)

--Brant

Young Mohammed was hot to get it on with his 72 dark eyed virgins.

All members of the Muslim religion should be excluded and generally, but not absolutely, not permitted to join or be a part of the military. Exceptions could include use of language such as translators and intelligence. No Arabs. No Persians. Again, generally speaking.

This seems like a perfect set-up for a country that does not have any civil liberties traditions or a constitution and bill of rights. It might work in, say, Israel, but even there you won't find Arabs/Muslims excluded from the IDF.

Israel is a country known as “a nation of immigrants.” Soldiers come from all over the world to live in Israel and serve in the IDF, bringing their unique culture and traditions from their countries of origin. Other soldiers come from racial, national, cultural and religious groups that have lived in Israel for generations, including Bedouin, Circassians, Druze, Arab Christians and Arab Muslims. The IDF acts to unite members of Israeli society, providing them all with equal opportunity to serve their country.

There are sub-groups of Arabs who aren't Muslims and sects of Muslims not having anything to do with not living in peace. Most Muslims aren't jihadists but you never know when junior will decide it's time to go to paradise.

I don't think any ethno-racial-sectarian exclusion rule will work as you may hope, or be acceptable to Americans. The many types of Arab and the many types of Islam are not immediately apparent. And someone born into a faith family will not necessarily 'believe' in any of the purported religion they are acculturated to.

Only in a totalitarian or fascist regime would such discrimination come to pass ... IMO.

Young Muslims deciding to do this sort of thing is similar to American leftists using bombs over 40 years ago or robbing banks. They did not usually come from blue-collar families. (I don't know where the black panthers and liberationists, some of them with Patty Hearst in tow, came from respecting their family backgrounds.)

The historical analogies might be useful, but what explains a Timothy McVeigh, Gulf War veteran? Shouldn't a control regime have identified him as a potential terrorist murderer?

No, to T. McVeigh. Not in 1995.

Israel does what it has to do out of years of first-hand practical experience.

The rest of it is US military bases and the US military. Eventually the US will do what it thinks it has to do. This is all apart from civil society-liberty comportment.

--Brant

So, a pipe-dream, Brant?

Probably, for now, in this PC driven age. They'll probably make base access more difficult. Use a button to open doors at recruitment centers. Etc. There is this silly idea that because the bases are military they are full of people walking around with guns. The guns and ammo are locked up. The first time I held an M-16 was when I was issued one in Vietnam. When I arrived in Saigon and reported to Camp Goodman in the summer of 1967, I had to turn it in until I left. The same thing when I reported to Headquarters in Nha Trang. Back in the field--back at camp--I had access to all weapons except the 4.2 mortar which was handled by the heavy weapons NCOs. Once when I was drunk I manned a machine gun from a two-story weapons/ammo bunker overlooking the camp-executive officer having a loud argument over pay with a large group of Vietnamese CIDG soldiers. If he was shot I'd have opened fire--to make them scatter. Everybody calmed down and I took the weapon into the team-house with two or three ammo boxes for the night, just in case. Maybe I got another drink. Don't remember; don't think so. I have a photo of the machine gun and ammo boxes. We had a nice little bar papered over with Playboy centerfolds. I remember Jennifer Jones sitting at it having a drink of some sorts--gin? water?--saying she didn't mind them. I remember some of my drinking. It was always in the evening and usually not much but I can't tell you 30 days in one year or 100 or more. I'll say 45 to say something. The exception was one medical patrol I ran where we got to have a big feast with rice wine. The drive back in the deuce and a half was interesting. The commo man who came with us got really wasted and a lecture from the commanding officer.

One thing I've learned over many decades is fatigue is as bad as drinking for bad decisions and executions, especially in driving. The outside observer cannot tell the difference between how a fatigued driver drives and a drunk driver driving. The experiment was run on an enclosed course near Phoenix maybe 20 years ago. So get your rest--or die like the rest.

Lots and lots of smoking and drinking in the army in the mid-60s.

--Brant

Is it Politically Correct to cite a Bill of Rights getting in the way of racial-ethnic-sectarian discrimination? Pie, meet Sky.

In any case, the shooter was a dumb redneck civilian who loved to four-by-four and shoot. He bought some semi-automatic AK47-style assault weapons legally.

How excluding Muslims/Arabs/Persians/Darkies from the military could have prevented the deaths escapes me.

Is it Politically Correct to cite a Bill of Rights getting in the way of racial-ethnic-sectarian discrimination? Pie, meet Sky.

In any case, the shooter was a dumb redneck civilian who loved to four-by-four and shoot. He bought some semi-automatic AK47-style assault weapons legally.

How excluding Muslims/Arabs/Persians/Darkies from the military could have prevented the deaths escapes me.

Which shooter?

Nice ethnic slurs Mr. Openness and Fairness and Justice...

No,no. Darkies are okay. Let's not get carried away. The Muslim psychiatrist who went nuts a while back shouldn't have been in the army even. The four dead Marines were defenseless from outside attack. The Persians--you can be a little looser with than the Arabs.

--Brant

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Persian friend who is a very patriotic Iranian. You want to talk about someone who hates Arabs and muslims? He is old enough to remember Tehran before the revolution. Yup they had problems, Evan Prison, the mistreatment and killing of people going against the Shah etc but compaired to what they have now... Ironically Iran was the only nation that actually recognized Israel's right to exist. Today? Not so much.

All members of the Muslim religion should be excluded and generally, but not absolutely, not permitted to join or be a part of the military. Exceptions could include use of language such as translators and intelligence. No Arabs. No Persians. Again, generally speaking. There are sub-groups of Arabs who aren't Muslims and sects of Muslims not having anything to do with not living in peace. Most Muslims aren't jihadists but you never know when junior will decide it's time to go to paradise. Young Muslims deciding to do this sort of thing is similar to American leftists using bombs over 40 years ago or robbing banks. They did not usually come from blue-collar families. (I don't know where the black panthers and liberationists, some of them with Patty Hearst in tow, came from respecting their family backgrounds.) --Brant

"Engineers of Jihad" here http://www.objectivistliving.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15358

It has long been known that revolutionaries are not the underprivileged.

And also: "When Princeton economist Alan Krueger saw reports that seven of eight people arrested in the unsuccessful car bombings in Britain were doctors, he wasn't shocked. He wasn't even surprised.

"As a group, terrorists are better educated and from wealthier families than the typical person in the same age group in the societies from which they originate," Mr. Krueger said at the London School of Economics last year in a lecture soon to be published as a book, "What Makes a Terrorist?" -- Wall Street Journal here.
You do not want to keep out Muslims (or Mongols). You want to keep out educated Muslims (or Mongols).