What was the purpose of the WEM war?

jts

What was the purpose of the WMD (weapons of mass destruction) war against Saddam Hussein?

Title should be changed to WMD.

It was not weapons of mass destruction. There weren't any. It was not 9-11. Bush himself said Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with 9-11.

So what was the purpose?

Was Iraq threatening USA's freedom? How? The biggest danger to freedom is from within.

Oil?

Incremental world conquest?

Is it a secret? Trust your government that it has a valid purpose and it's not for you to know?

It was not weapons of mass destruction. There weren't any.

And your source for this is....

What was the purpose of the WMD (weapons of mass destruction) war against Saddam Hussein?

It was not weapons of mass destruction. There weren't any. It was not 9-11. Bush himself said Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with 9-11.

So what was the purpose?

Was Iraq threatening USA's freedom? How? The biggest danger to freedom is from within.

Oil?

Incremental world conquest?

Is it a secret? Trust your government that it has a valid purpose and it's not for you to know?

the potential threat against Saudi Arabia endangering our oil supply from that country...

Jerry, do you know what Sarin is? Do you know what Sulfur Mustard is?

If you do know what these things are, or if you take a little time to investigate, I think we might be able to have a fruitful conversation.

JTS asked, "What was the purpose of the WMD (weapons of mass destruction) war against Saddam Hussein?"

And Ba'al answered, "the potential threat against Saudi Arabia endangering our oil supply from that country..."

After 911 and the Wars in Iraq I was watching a PBS showing of, "That's Entertainment." As Gene Kelly was "Singing in the rain," and Sinatra was belting out, "The Bronx is up, and the Battery's down," I began to consider the possibility of Iran having the bomb.

I wondered, "Will they bomb?" They have promised all of us that they will bomb. Where will they bomb? The Iranians have said who they will bomb, and we will surely have another holocaust. Israel will be nuked. And as I remember Benjamin Netanyahu putting it, " Israel is the last and farthest outpost of America." Perhaps simultaneously or soon after, they will bomb what they hate nearly as much . . . Freedom . . . Freewill . . . America and Americana . . . Broadway . . . Wall Street.

Those tons of yellow cake found in Iraq are a clue and a foreboding omen. Thousands of dirty bombs could have been constructed from that material. There was a stink when the yellow cake was sent to the US for disposal and it went through Canada by train if I remember correctly. What does Iran have available right now? We cannot afford NOT to act against Iran. We must destroy these savages. They are trying to kill us, and our way of life.

INTERVIEW, LEONARD PEIKOFF, BY PRODOS MARINAKIS

NIGHT OF SEPTEMBER 11, 2001

PRODOS: . . . this dark, dark day.

PEIKOFF: Well thank you for having me. It's certainly the blackest day in history, as far as I'm concerned, in my life.

PRODOS: What does one say? Can -- I feel that the answer, it -- I've heard the commentators saying we'll improve our intelligence efforts; we'll track these people down, but all of that . . .

PEIKOFF: Its nonsense. All of that is total nonsense. The criminal is totally known, and has been known for many decades. So, if you want a philosophic perspective, you have to take a long-range view of this. This is not a problem that started this week, or last month, or five years ago. This particular problem started in the late '40s and the early '50s under Harry Truman and Dwight Eisenhower . . . .

PEIKOFF: Oh, George Bush. If he can make such a statement as, "We're going to find the folks that did this," - leaving aside the Texas homieness of finding the "folks," which I find offensive, we know the folks who did this. The folks who did this are the government of Afghanistan and Iran, as a starter, as I've explained. Theres nobody to look for. Theres no need to call in the FBI, or the CIA. There's a need to call in the military, that's it, and have an immediate military response, which should be there now.

There should be no investigation, criminal, looking for the culprit. So, for him to make that statement, is simply to show that hes the son of his father, worse than which I could not say about any human being.

In those days I watched TV and I followed the news on TV. Bush etc said over and over they have proof of weapons of mass destruction and then it turned out there weren't any.

In those days I watched TV and I followed the news on TV. Bush etc said over and over they have proof of weapons of mass destruction and then it turned out there weren't any.

No, that is not accurate.

I will post some other probabilities later.

Bullshit.

http://www.worldtribune.com/2014/07/10/flashback2004/

The United Nations has determined that Saddam Hussein shipped weapons of mass destruction components as well as medium-range ballistic missiles before, during and after the U.S.-led war against Iraq in 2003.

The UN Monitoring, Verification and Inspection Commission briefed the Security Council on new findings that could help trace the whereabouts of Saddam’s missile and WMD program.

The briefing contained satellite photographs that demonstrated the speed with which Saddam dismantled his missile and WMD sites before and during the war. Council members were shown photographs of a ballistic missile site outside Baghdad in May 2003, and then saw a satellite image of the same location in February 2004, in which facilities had disappeared.

While Saddam continually stalled the weak feminised leftist UN inspections, he shipped out the WMD's.

A precursor to the subterfuge we can expect from Iran.

I don't know why anyone applies - and desperately needs to apply - "innocent until proven guilty" to rogue nations, those who explicitly tell us what they intend doing.

It is a particular leftist, progressivist phenomenon.

(And, "guilty until proven innocent" - to anyone else).

Bullshit.

http://www.worldtribune.com/2014/07/10/flashback2004/

The United Nations has determined that Saddam Hussein shipped weapons of mass destruction components as well as medium-range ballistic missiles before, during and after the U.S.-led war against Iraq in 2003.

The UN Monitoring, Verification and Inspection Commission briefed the Security Council on new findings that could help trace the whereabouts of Saddam’s missile and WMD program.

The briefing contained satellite photographs that demonstrated the speed with which Saddam dismantled his missile and WMD sites before and during the war. Council members were shown photographs of a ballistic missile site outside Baghdad in May 2003, and then saw a satellite image of the same location in February 2004, in which facilities had disappeared.

While Saddam continually stalled the weak feminised leftist UN inspections, he shipped out the WMD's.

If that happened why then invade? Mission accomplished!

--Brant

mess accomplished--the mess that keeps on giving messes