Rand through a Nietzsche filter

(You might also find some of the pictures interesting.)

In the Rand Playboy interview issue there was a fake centerfold in the Girls of Russia section. It was of a tractor in a field.

Hefner always got it basically wrong*. You want to see women with some clothes on so your imagination can go to work about what's underneath and how you're going to get there.

--Brant

*not with Marilyn Monroe

Jedem das seine.

I also subscribe to MAXIM, a GP-rated version of PLAYBOY which features celebrities in lingerie instead of au naturale. It's sort of like the Victoria's Secret Catalog.

They recently did a photo spread on Jennifer Love Hewitt.

Just made me impatient for the day she feels the need to revive her career.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also subscribe to MAXIM, a GP-rated version of PLAYBOY which features celebrities in lingerie instead of au naturale. It's sort of like the Victoria's Secret Catalog.

WomanWithAToolHedgeTrimmer_220x157_0.jpg

http://www.maxim.com/girls/girls-of-maxim

Xray said,

Carol, remember that simply awful hat Fergie's daughter Beatrice was wearing at the Royal Wedding? This is among the most hideous headgear I've ever seen! :o

http://nowmagazine.m...-Beatrice15.jpg

Janet would probably call it a "postmodern" hat ... :D

lol it was nonlinear for sure!

Definitely nonlinear, no question. :smile:

X, if you get a kick out of Hideous Royal Fashion there is great stuff on the Royal Order of Sartorial Splendour, one of my fave brain relaxer sites,

Highly entertaining site, lol! What a bonanaza of royal attire, the gamut ranging from absolutely splendorous and tasteful to the absymal opposite ... ! :o

I grew up with 'Royal gossip' so to speak: My mother was quite an eager yellow press reader, and thus I got quite acquainted, at a tender age, with pictures of Royals wearing their sparkling crowns. I especially liked the silk sashes adorning the ladies' evening dresses.

One of Mom's favorites was a non-Royal though (albeit she was of royal demeanor): the elegant and stylish Jackie Kennedy.

Mom did not speak English, and pronounced JK's first name as in German "Jacke", which phonetically converted "Jackie" into "Yucky". :smile:

You would simply not believe some of the stuff Queen Margrethe of Denmark wears in her hair. Let alone some of the dresses which she designs herself. She is an "arty" type queen.

The comments on that site are as hilarious as the pictures.

If you scroll down to about a third of the page, here's one of Margrethe wearing a hat which a blogger aptly called "an upturned oil funnel": :D

http://orderofsplend...ch/label/Hmm...

OMG, how did I miss that one. She looks like a Lego piece. (Are Legos Danish?)

X, check out the Royal Order this week for a new Windsor headgear hilarity. This time it's the Countess of Wessex with a flying saucer on the side of her head and a plume sticking straight up on top. She chose to wear this (or rather, to let it wear her) at a memorial service for the late Queen Mother and Princess Margaret who are probably rolling tastefully in their graves. Also you can see the least flattering photo of Camilla ever published.She looks like a rugby mascot just unleashed onto the pitch. Enjoy!

seems it's contagious to the men
Y

LetiziaSafetyPin3.jpg

Y

LetiziaSafetyPin3.jpg

Hilarious photo, lol! :D

X, check out the Royal Order this week for a new Windsor headgear hilarity. This time it's the Countess of Wessex with a flying saucer on the side of her head and a plume sticking straight up on top. She chose to wear this (or rather, to let it wear her) at a memorial service for the late Queen Mother and Princess Margaret who are probably rolling tastefully in their graves. Also you can see the least flattering photo of Camilla ever published.She looks like a rugby mascot just unleashed onto the pitch. Enjoy!

LOL, Countess Sophie's 'flying saucer' looks as if it has just landed on the side of her head! :D

As for Camilla, what a horrible photo that is of her!! She's really 'falling apart' now. While she has never been glamorous-looking, she used to be quite a trim and sportive type. But that has now gone too.

http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.de/

Y

LetiziaSafetyPin3.jpg

I love tiara occasions!

A special pleasure of the ROSS is the getups of the men. See the weak-chinned and thin-blooded festooned with sashes, brooches and Orders of Ancient Weirdness, plus military regalia of staggering irrelevance.

There is a probably apocryphal story about Prince Philip, who gave up a stellar naval career to follow two steps behind QEII. On a South American tour he remarked on the copious military medals of the Presidente, a career politician who had never even been a guerrilla much less a soldier--"Jolly easy to get those medals, just for being elected President."

Stung, the Generalissimo replied, "Well, at least I did not get them just for marrying my wife."

http://www.maxim.com.../girls-of-maxim

That's it! ~censored~

--Brant

pant, pant

http://www.maxim.com.../girls-of-maxim

That's it! ~censored~

--Brant

pant, pant

Acute as usual Brant.

The pants of royalty are indeed like those of regular hounds guys, only wear one pair at a time, one leg at a time etc.

One of the Scand princes, I forget which one, is living with a former topless model who somewhat resembles the bountiful Love Hewitt. Which obviously you do.

keeley-hazell_girl.jpg Mooooo

171_CopeTwins_promo.jpg

The Cope Twins <<<<Follow the links - there is video of a wonderful set of ... er...um...well - twin carburetors? Nah...

One of the Scand princes, I forget which one, is living with a former topless model who somewhat resembles the bountiful Love Hewitt.

I googled a bit, and Carl Philip of Sweden's name showed up in connecton with "glamour model" Sofia Hellqvist:

http://en.wikipedia....Sofia_Hellqvist

That's the one! Apparently the family have accepted that CP will not give up the shameless hussy. Well, the heir to the throne married her personal fitness trainer and that is working out well, so I guess it is too late to be snobbish now. Except for us royal watchers, who are wringing our hands in anguish. And Swedish men, who are wringing them for other reasons.