Republican Tsunami Creates Critical 806 Day Period For America...

Selene

That's a recurring pattern... what people do to others gets done to them. Maybe next time they'll think before they act.

Greg

Care to put some money on that? lol

I have mentioned this before about Ayn's identification of a non-being wish/desire that her evil archtypes possess.

The Jim Taggart meltdown scenes are excellent.

It took me a long time to accept the possibility that that "death wish"[non-being] actually existed.

The "professorial class" is a perfect incubator for this behavior.

A...

I just came across an article with a study that provides the average reading level of college students today,

Care to take a guess what it is?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The unions, et al., that escaped the ACA are the biggest hypocrites. They participated in the fucking of everyone they could fuck and avoided being fucked themselves. Oh, wait! What happened to Federal employees and the Democrat Congress-criters?

--Brant

Adam, I taught myself to read by reading Classic Comic Books in my local drugstore. Is that a higher or lower level than the average college student today?

--Brant

I was nine or ten, I'm embarrassed to say; I should have been younger, but you should have seen that crap my school was providing

Adam, I taught myself to read by reading Classic Comic Books in my local drugstore. Is that a higher or lower level than the average college student today?

--Brant

I was nine or ten, I'm embarrassed to say; I should have been younger, but you should have seen that crap my school was providing

Let's put it this way, I was shocked at the average reading level of college students.

I want to give folks a shot at guessing that number.

A...

That's a recurring pattern... what people do to others gets done to them. Maybe next time they'll think before they act.

Greg

Care to put some money on that? lol

I have...

My business is built on the other side of that double edged principle. The goodwill of others is a precious treasure laid up in Heaven that no one can ever take away from you. :smile:

Greg

--Brant

oooh, I remember those too, Brant... :smile:

Classics Illustrated. Had a pile of them. One of my favorites was The Time Machine. I used them for book reports in High School... and I have the grades to prove it! :laugh:

tumblr_ldhxh19yFz1qfw6wio1_1280.jpg?AWSA

Probably around the grade 9 level these days..

Depressingly, worse than that.

The average U.S. college freshman reads at a seventh grade level, according to an educational assessment report.

http://campusreform.org/?ID=6174

I love that "practice reading," as in the kids ought do it. This is the first time I ever heard of that. There's a book out, though, titled "How to Read a Book" by Adler. I couldn't think of reading it, however, until I read "How to How to Read a Book"--not yet written, I'm sorry to say.

--Brant

(not my original witticism)

Brutal! When they did aptitude tests when I was in grade 6 I had a reading comprehension of a 2nd year university student. Ya ya I know it's been all down hill since!

Booze and women.

--Brant

but today a 2nd y u stu reads like an 8th grader

(searching for a theory of academic relativity)

Brutal! When they did aptitude tests when I was in grade 6 I had a reading comprehension of a 2nd year university student. Ya ya I know it's been all down hill since!

Booze and women.

--Brant

but today a 2nd y u stu reads like an 8th grader

(searching for a theory of academic relativity)

Most of them are relatively useless.

Just trying to contribute...

A...

Need to feel part of a global movement to eliminate man

That total vote of 266 would still leave them 4 votes shy of a veto over ride which illustrates how powerful the veto pen is.

According to sources, the U.S. House of Representatives voted Friday to approve the construction of the controversial Keystone XL pipeline. On the strength of a new Republican majority and with the support of 28 Democrats, the legislation passed with a vote of 266 to 153.
Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/breaking-house-votes-approve-keystone-xl-pipeline/#JbDUrGU8XsVvDFeo.99

There were 16 votes not accounted for. Possibly 15 since Grimm resigned after pleading guilty to a federal tax charge.

I think he was the last Republican Congressman left in NY City...

A...

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing that the French Republicans [Mark Levin's name for the Progressive Republican Rino Corpratists], did not drive this home during the last two years.

Those Americans who didn’t get health insurance last year could be in for a rude awakening when the IRS asks them to fork over their Obamacare penalty — and it could be a lot more than the $95 many of them may be expecting.

The Affordable Care Act requires those who didn’t have insurance last year and didn’t qualify for one of the exemptions to pay a tax penalty, which was widely cited as $95 the first year. But the $95 is actually a minimum, and middle- and upper-income families will actually end up paying 1 percent of their household income as their penalty.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jan/18/obamacare-penalty-may-come-as-shock-at-tax-time/#ixzz3PFEvGwAK

This should have been part of a daily press conference by the Bonehead Boehner.

If the US is forced to go universal healthcare then just get it over with and adopt Canada's system. Or go back to how it was in the 50'a and 60's.

My thought is it should be government completely hands off with no government collusion. Make it a completely free market with no government subsidy.

If the US is forced to go universal healthcare then just get it over with and adopt Canada's system. Or go back to how it was in the 50'a and 60's.

My thought is it should be government completely hands off with no government collusion. Make it a completely free market with no government subsidy.

Good luck with getting rid of Medicare and Medicaid, the FDA and the licensing of physicians.

--Brant

it took the abolitionists generations--and a war--then another hundred years to turn the head on racism--all because of slavery for tobacco and cotton, aka, greed--and then re-enslaving blacks (and poor white trash) with welfare and victim entitlement

the beat goes on as everybody gets beaten down this time around as the government does for us what it has always done to the members of American Indian tribes (shoot us, disease us, displace us, prison us, house us, feed us, teach us, USA-all-the-way us)

The Face of the Democratic Party...

debbie-wasserman-schultz-dnc-getty-image

The Face of the Republican Party...not quite day glow orange enough though:

slide_347744_3690799_free.jpg

VOTE WITH YOUR MIND NOT YOUR PARTY!!

A...

That's a great idea Jules... and healthcare under those conditions would be dirt cheap because of open competition and no third party bureaucratic parasites leeching off of the transactions between consumer and provider...

...but the reality is that there are not enough productive independent self reliant private sector American Capitalists living in America to make it so.

The healthcare system as it exists today is the natural result of a nation completely infested with parasites who all expect someone else to pay their bills.

Greg

• 2 months later...

I truly enjoyed the way Rubio handled this slimy marxist slug Ramos' gutless question?

Would you "bomb the church of your gay friends wedding" wife beating question...

He has scornful laughter in his eyes as if to say, dude, you cannot be this pathetically transparent...

I think he is going to surprise quite a few folks because he is smart, serious and playful when he makes his points.

A...

DAMN that auto play is on - anyone know how to shut that off?

Aside from his religious beliefs, there is much I like about Rubio. He'd be a pleasant & stark contrast to the witch.

-J

A...

Did Valerie get that hair from an long expired box of Ronzoni?

Here's a tough one to answer. Hillary or Valerie...who'd you rather?

They're both so gross. I prefer water torture.

-J

A...

Did Valerie get that hair from an long expired box of Ronzoni?

Here's a tough one to answer. Hillary or Valerie...who'd you rather?

They're both so gross. I prefer water torture.

-J

That is Debbie Vassermann Schultz!

She is like a Nazi with no sense of humor..

Here is her favorite photo of her graduation class:

330px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-2007-0329-50

By the way, Rand Paul used the press to "nail" her, really poor choice of words by me, by asking her whether she would permit any limit on abortion, or words to that effect, and she said no.

So up until the emerging from the birthing process do we have a "human" with rights.

Also, as I am sure we can all accept, that there is no atheist in the near future that will have any chance at being President.

So, that should not even be a criteria for judging a candidate's viability.

A...