Gradyouaysheeown

BAMF

Guess what.

I'm graduating tonight!

I could not be happier to be out of that hellhole. Ever since 9th grade started, I been counting down the days...and now it's finally here! The only thing I have to do now is just sit for 2 hours with my goofy cap and gown and let people take pictures of me (and damn, I'm foxy) and tell me they can't believe I did it! LOL.

It's a damn shame it's ending though, as I JUST got the motivation to do my schoolwork. :lol:

Oh...how I'll miss walking the halls of my alma mater...

NOT!

Hahahaha...sorry for the rantiness, but I am just so excited...haven't been this happy in a long time.

How long will it be before all you other teens graduate? Are you excited? What do you plan to do afterward?

Also, to you adults, how did you feel after graduation: relieved, melancholy...?

It's the best day of my life. I feel like Miss Blue Sky.

Mr. Blue Sky

Kori,

There are essentially two kinds of pleasure in life:

1. Striving for sensation or rush and succeeding

2. Relief from torment

For instance, sex is the first kind, taking a crap is the second kind.

I felt enormous pleasure on my own graduation from high school. It was the second type...

Congratulations to you and all my wishes for happiness.

Now on to the next stage of torment (college).

Michael

Jonathan, Thanks! *beams*

Michael, thank you. This pleasure is most definitely the second kind. I really don't want to go to college...I hate school...but I know that I need it to be where I want to be. I don't think it will be TOO bad...at least I'll be taking some classes that I enjoy. Still, I am so itching to get out of this place. I wanna move, move, move!

Why was it relief from torment for you, Michael?

BTW: Taking a crap can sometimes be the first one, too. And how clever that your example of #2 is taking a crap. :lol:

Where are you going to college, Kori? What are your plans? Your future's so bright, you gotta wear shades :-) .

Jim

Edited by James Heaps-Nelson

As much as I hate it, I am going to a school in Missouri. University of Missouri - Kansas City. This for about two years (I already have some college credits, so maybe a bit less). Then I will probably transfer to Kansas State to do their architecture program. That is, if I get in. I hope so.

EDIT: I don't need to wear shades. I need to design a large shade, then have it built.

Edited by Kori

As much as I hate it, I am going to a school in Missouri. University of Missouri - Kansas City. This for about two years (I already have some college credits, so maybe a bit less). Then I will probably transfer to Kansas State to do their architecture program. That is, if I get in. I hope so.

EDIT: I don't need to wear shades. I need to design a large shade, then have it built.

Well, most big state universities have interesting things to do on campus. It's avoiding the BS that's a problem. Good luck to our next Kori Roark :-).

Jim

Thanks, Jim. Unlike Roark, though, I'ma have to finish school. LOL. And I think I smile a lot more than he does. And I don't go for Dominiques. :lol: My name does sound kinda like 'quarry' though. Teehee.

I certainly hope that there's something interesting to do in Manhattan, KS...my god...

Also, to you adults, how did you feel after graduation: relieved, melancholy...?

Mr. Blue Sky

Congratulations!

The night I graduated from H.S. in 1979 I felt elated ("I made it!"), expectant ("now the next adventure begins"), and a little scared ("wow, Adult Life starts tomorrow morning. I'd better try to do this right"). And generally, things worked out OK.

Best of luck to you.

Edited by Richard Uhler

It's official: I'm a gradgeeyit.

Guys, this is the best day of my life. LOL. I could not be happier, or more exhausted! My cousins (big and a couple little ones) and my sister, niece, neph, parents, etc. came to my graduation...everything was so chaotic, but I still felt amazing. Nothing could fuck with my mood. Then I got a million hugs and went home to eat pizza and cake (well...my mom got me a giant cookie thing, 'cause I don't dig cake so much). THEN...presents! I'm typing this from my new laptop. WOOT!

Congratulations!

The night I graduated from H.S. in 1979 I felt elated ("I made it!"), expectant ("now the next adventure begins"), and a little scared ("wow, Adult Life starts tomorrow morning. I'd better try to do this right"). And generally, things worked out OK.

Best of luck to you.

Thank you, Richard. That's exactly how I feel, with the addition of, "Fuck those bastards, I'm free!" Teehee!

I'm pleased for you In college don't let the bastards get you down.

Thank you, Chris. I won't let them get me down.

Woooooo Hoooooo

Go Kori Go

Congratulations to you and I wish you the best for a bright and prosperous future.

Kat

Thank you, Kat!

Edited by Kori

Inky; Who is Steve Wright? Does he have any books?

Steve Wright is an extremely funny, sad-looking bald comedian :-). I don't know if he has any books.

Jim

Kori, congratulations! I know how you feel: I, too, hated school, and graduation felt like a jail break. But I think you'll find, as I did, that university is quite different and much more interesting.

A word of advice: It is not your responsibility to convert your professors. (I wish someone had told me that.)

Barbara

Congratulations and good luck!

:cool:

No, no, no! Good luck to you. You're the one still in high school. :D Thanks, Inky.

Yo, your quote in your sig reminds me of something Mitch Hedberg (hilarious comedian) said. Something like, "An escalator can never break, it can only temporarily become stairs. They should put a sign out, 'Escalator temporarily stairs...sorry for the convenience.'" LOL

Kori, congratulations! I know how you feel: I, too, hated school, and graduation felt like a jail break. But I think you'll find, as I did, that university is quite different and much more interesting.

A word of advice: It is not your responsibility to convert your professors. (I wish someone had told me that.)

Barbara

Thanks, Barbara.

I do hope that college is different...if even just a little. I know it will be.

Thanks for the advice, but I don't care enough about most other people to even want to 'convert' them. It's too exhausting. :lol: They can go ahead and be wrong...it don't bother me at all. Teehee!