Hi, I am new and want to introduce myself . . .

Darrell Cody

Michael M:

"Intro to Rand thru YAF and Anthem in 1966?" Youngster! Gotcha beat: :tongue::blush:

I heard about Rand from an erstwhile soon-to-be-former boyfriend of my sister's around 1960, "You should read Atlas Shrugged by Ann Rand - really weird...I think that she may be a communist" :o

But my first actual intro to Rand were several of her speeches that I found in what passed for my highschool library, in a publication called Vital Speeches. I believe it was "Faith and Force: The Destroyers of the Modern World." Whoa!! Never heard anything like that from anybody - especially my public high school teachers!

Then, I read her books ( - a real commie, all right). Then, Who Is Ayn Rand? (I thought that the Brandens were so cool! I still do.) Followed by The Objectivist Newsletter, FNI, VOS, and so on. Then, NBI in 1967-68...Did I mention that the Brandens were really cool? :cool:

Kyle, Darrell, SouthernCapitalist, and other newbies:

Newcomers to this site, and to the rarified atmosphere of Objectivism should realize that they have entered onto dangerous ground. Most liberals in the media and in person will inform you that Rand learned her philosophy from Cthulhu. (whereas, some "conservatives" think that she is Cthulhu) - and that her ilk are lower than Denebian Slime Devils.

While us Objectivishers realize that we are (or soon will be) ... the Krell

(Ver. 2.0 - with Brandenian Anti-viral protection from Freudian nonsense).