Open cans without a can opener

Way cool! Thanks!

This is handy. I have a P-38 can opener on my key ring. But what if I get separated from my keys? I like the use of a concrete slab. Handy for city survval.

One time some of us guards were standing around and the subject of duty kits came up. Everyone had rabbit traps and trenching tools and fire starters. Our supervisor just laughed. "If anything like 9-11 happens again, you are not going be caught out in the desert. You are going to be an elevator. He pulled a 6-inch pry bar from his side pocket.

We used to visit my in-laws up in the North country of Michigan. I made sure that we had some kind of emergency gear - blankets, fire starters, canned food, etc. But if we broke down, it would be on road, not in the woods. So, again, concrete is an option.

Nice. Never taught me that in the Boy Scouts or Army.

As a teen I learned how to open Bud bottles with no tools though. Does that count?

Deanna:

We will try it also...let's compare notes on OL.

Same to Mikee...however, her Avatar is cuter than his lol

A...

Easy Mikee:

The whole point of the vid is what happens and what can you do when your tools vanish and you have to survive...

is there anything about the methodology that you disagree with?

Why would someone's tools vanish? I have a Buck pocket knife I've been carrying for 40 years that will open cans. No spillage, no bits of can left inside. I just thought the video was a spoof. I'll keep it to myself in the future. Of course grinding the seams of a can off will open the can. Who wouldn't just do that if they needed too? Isn't it obvious? Never mind.