Finished Atlas- Project X

I just finished the book and all I can say is wow. I was close to tears when poor Eddie was stuck on the dead comet train. I just wanted to know what your guys and gals opinion on project X was? To me it felt super out of place and didn't do anything for the novel, I feel like it was there so the bridge would blow up.

Thanks,

David C.

That's one reason. Another is to show the magnitude of what Stadler has done to himself and has accomplished by his refusal to judge and consider the consequences of what he's doing. Additionally, the story needs a few big knockout punches to consummate the economic and social collapse. This is one. The New York blackout is another.

I understand the whole Stadler story arc, but so many pages were taken up on project X and the way it wrapped up felt rushed to me but hey we all got our view points, thanks for the comment

Thanks, :)

David C.

I understand the whole Stadler story arc, but so many pages were taken up on project X and the way it wrapped up felt rushed to me but hey we all got our view points, thanks for the comment

Thanks, :smile:

David C.

Project X wax a plot gimmick to provide a means of killing of Stadler, Cuffy Meigs and wrecking the Taggart Bridge all in one act.

Ba'al Chatzaf