Carly Fiorina

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the figure she cuts, even when she's wrong. Watch how she deals with Tapper in the clip just past the midpoint: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/421537/pro-life-republicans-planned-parenthood.

They say she's really running for VP or a cabinet job, maybe Secretary of Defense. I'd welcome here there.

• 2 weeks later...

Insensitive posts do taint a site to a degree. How about this quote?

Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny. Lao-Tze

Brant wrote: Assador to Mexico? End quote

And my old pal Peter Reidy responded: I like the figure she cuts, even when she's wrong . . . . They say she's really running for VP or a cabinet job, maybe Secretary of Defense. I'd welcome here there. End quote

So Donald Trump chimed in, “I’ll tell you where I would welcome her – sitting on my prick. You heard me. I will give her a one hour interview on Sean Hannity’s show, just her on me, if she first gives me an hour of . . .”

But then Rupert Murdock hit the censor button so we will never know.

Peter

Peter, if you were funny, it would be one thing. However, to be tasteless and not funny is _________.

[well I'm sure you could give us some words for the blank...

A...

I edited my vulgar post.

The most telling comment so far about the Presidential primaries and general election was from Jeb Bush who pointed out that 53 percent of voters are women. And a spokeswoman for a super pac supporting Ted Cruz chimes in at the end, whereas Ted has been reluctant to be negative about Trump. I tried to find some new post debate polling data on Gallup, RealClear, and Rasmussen.

We may need to wait until Monday for some new data but here are some polling snippets from Trumps history of flippant misogyny By Karen Tumulty August 8 at 7:52 PM

Now, the former reality-television host and current front-runner in the polls for the 2016 GOP presidential nomination may be paying a price for a boorish barb that also renewed his partys internal consternation over its recent history of alienating. . .

Trump replied that he was battling a greater scourge political correctness and frankly, what I say, and oftentimes its fun, its kidding. We have a good time.

The comment was completely in character for Trump, said Katie Packer Gage, a political consultant who was GOP nominee Mitt Romneys deputy campaign manager in 2012. Whats new is he picked on somebody who is beloved by conservative voters, and he has just doubled and tripled down on it.

Give me a break. Do we want to win? Do we want to insult 53 percent of all voters? What Donald Trump said is wrong, former Florida governor Jeb Bush said during his appearance at the RedState event. Mr. Trump ought to apologize.

In part, that is because he is running as a celebrity outsider who gives voice to the frustrations that many voters feel with the political system. Trump, however, will be given more scrutiny as voters get closer to making a decision at the polls.

Whats different is that nobody ever focused or heard any of those comments through the lens of a man who wants to be president, said Republican pollster Kellyanne Conway, who is working for a super PAC supporting the candidacy of Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.). In the past, hes been a businessman, the host of a popular program. end quotes

I am sorry you think that way Mike. My attempt at predicting what vulgarity Trump will spout next was beyond the possible and crude but what is distressing is that it was NOT that far off the mark. I like Carly, as a potential VP. I think Trump will have trouble with woman voters and it will be reflected in the next round of polls. She would counteract his disgust with woman. Unfortunately Trump will need to counteract his comments about women, Latinos, veterans, fat people, newscasters, ugly people, etc. Is there one Veep who could mitigate all that? Are there any composites who could fit that bill? Trump may be working his way through the better VP candidates and end up with a publicity hound like Miley Cyrus.

Rule of Law in the Regulatory State

^

[additional commentary about above post]

Here is my point. You don't have to guess what Carly Fiorina means when she says something. She states what the problems are and guarantees she will something about them. I think she is the smartest, most qualified, and trustworthy person in the race. She will eviscerate every leftist argument and smear monger of the left.

I don't trust Trump. "Make America Great Again" could very well be Putin-speak. His entire goal of messing up this election may be to keep a Carly Fiorina from getting elected and fixing the system that he benefits greatly from. I don't think he can get elected but he can obfuscate the issues enough to get a democrat elected again. Last chance to change directions I think.

Excuse me Peter, are you as buzzed as your Hummingbirds?

bird-graphics-hummingbird-683307.gif

Are you asserting as a proposition that all 53% of the women in America are going to vote against Trump because of what he has allegedly said to women in the past, as well as what he said to and about Megan Kelly, during and after the press conference, a.k.a., debate?

A...

My attempt at predicting what vulgarity Trump will spout next was beyond the possible and crude but what is distressing is that it was NOT that far off the mark.

Peter,

Trump's marketing genius is not being vulgar full-time, but appealing to the vulgar we all feel during a nasty confrontation.

My unsolicited advice to Carly is to stay away from finger-wagging Trump when people are really pissed off. Rather than preach the high road when passions are hot, which makes her sound like a middle school teacher (kinda like Phil Coates :) ), she should simply BE the high road.

People in general will notice. They are smart enough.

On the other hand, Carly's a big girl. She knows what she does. A small group of people like her barbs at Trump. I doubt there will ever be much popular appeal in them, though.

Peter can sure write though, anyone has to admit. If he's not writing a novel he's wasting his talents, in my humble etc.

Hear hear!

:)

Michael

Are you asserting as a proposition that all 53% of the women in America are going to vote against Trump because of what he has allegedly said to women in the past, as well as what he said to and about Megan Kelly, during and after the press conference, a.k.a., debate?

Adam,

Say what anyone wants to say about Trump, when it comes to counterpunching, he's not sexist.

He's an equal opportunity basher. Men and women get it back in their faces just as hard.

If a person wants preferential treatment for women on political counterpunch, who's the sexist?

:)

Michael

Adam,

Say what anyone wants to say about Trump, when it comes to counterpunching, he's not sexist.

He's an equal opportunity basher. Men and women get it back in their faces just as hard.

If a person wants preferential treatment for women on political counterpunch, who's the sexist?

:smile:

Michael

Completely agree.

My point is that the professional women I know who vote and are not pro-Trump and watched because I suggested to them that it might be interesting, were furious at her asking a bullshit question instead of a tough question that was connected to a real issue that President's have to make decisions on.

And the "catty" look in her eyes was just too slick for my tastes.

Critics are jumping on what Evita's campaign will do with the "on your knees" comment.

As soon as her campaign brings it up, we would respond with, why don't you ask Chelsea's father how he feels about the comment?

And I would have a young woman asking the question and also in the counter-punch ad sheepish-smile-smiley-emoticon.gif

Cigars would be mentioned. Evita's control of the "Bimbo eruptions." And on and on...come on Evita come out and play.

A...

Besides cheering for Trump's bombast what has he done that gives you any indication you can trust him?

Mike,

That's easy. He's built a crap-load of preeminent products in widely different niches.

Try building a string of high-quality luxury buildings.

Try writing a string of bestselling books.

Try putting together a concept for, then execute, a top-rated TV show for 14 seasons.

That's a lot of hard honest work that a rich man doesn't have to do. Yet Trump did it for years.

I look at what a man says and what he does. When I find a disparity, I trust what he does as the greater indication.

Granted, Trump also waded through the swamp of political corruption and played the game. But in my view, it was almost always to get these people out of his way so he could build his preeminent products.

Now he's wading into the swamp of politics. I don't think the reason is simple self-aggrandizement. I honestly think he wants to blast away part of the swamp, lay a foundation and build a magnificent preeminent building--nay, city--nay, country. He calls it "Make America Great Again."

Cleaning out swamps is always dirty work. Trump's not afraid to get his hands dirty.

That's what I see. That's what his growing base sees.

Unfortunately, this base is starting to see Carly as just one more politician sucking up to old Republican crony capitalism money. They see this because they are in the heat of being really pissed off and she is finger-wagging at the cigar-smoking backroom boys' enemy. That's why I believe she should cool it a bit, get out of the swamp, and just BE the high road.

Michael

You did begin this thread on Carly so it may be disconcerting if anyone disrespects this thread as I did or if all we talk about is Trump. Perhaps, readers could find some more Carly quotes. What shows is she going to be on?