NASA Wastes Money On Doomsday Report

Ed Hudgins

Naomi,

Just because you say so?

Heh.

How do you know this?

As you would say, what is your evidence?

I'm pretty well read in libertarian literature and very well read in Objectivist. I have never seen your assumptions in this material.

Michael

Your own words. In post #38 you said:

In countries ruled by law and not dictator, this government monopoly is restricted against abuse by law and enforced by the government's own agencies of enforcement--the members of which swear an oath to uphold the law and to obey the office of the leader in carrying out that duty. They do not pledge allegiance to a specific king or dictator.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naomi,

I said they swear an oath to uphold the law.

How on earth does this translate into "people will realize that it is unethical to initiate force and so they won't," and "if 1 fails, then the government will use retaliatory force and it will do so ethically"?

Not all members of law enforcement are honest or keep their word. I did not say they were, nor did I even imply that. Nor did I say anything about Pollyanna citizens with rose colored glasses.

Hellooooo...

:smile:

Michael

Naomi,

I said they swear an oath to uphold the law.

How on earth does this translate into "people will realize that it is unethical to initiate force and so they won't," and "if 1 fails, then the government will use retaliatory force and it will do so ethically"?

Not all members of law enforcement are honest or keep their word. I did not say they were, nor did I even imply that. Nor did I say anything about Pollyanna citizens with rose colored glasses.

Hellooooo...

:smile:

Michael

In countries ruled by law and not dictator, this government monopoly is restricted against abuse by law and enforced by the government's own agencies of enforcement--the members of which swear an oath to uphold the law and to obey the office of the leader in carrying out that duty. They do not pledge allegiance to a specific king or dictator.

I never said that you said that all members of law enforcement are honest. By the ethical use of force, I of course mean to say that they say that the government will not initiate force on the people they are sworn to protect.