AnarchObjectivist subforum

James,

I'm sorry I didn't get back to your private message. Apologies. My bad...

OL is a site devoted to discussing ideas starting from Objectivism. It is not a site devoted to promoting this or that school of thought within the Objectivist and/or libertarian world.

If you really want an online place like that, I suggest you set one up and periodically post a link in a discussion or other inviting OL readers to go there.

Otherwise, choose a topic related to something you are interested in and open a thread.

Michael

Can we have a sub forum dedicated to AnarchObjectivism?

Only iif I can interview all the "subs."

14452684.1whip.gif

To be fair, there are many free-market anarchists who are also heavily interested in Objectivism and agree with many of its tenets. Maybe a subforum is too extreme, but an Anarch-Objectivist topic thread would be perfectly reasonable, even to non-anarchists like myself. There's lots of good discussion and debate in the Anarch-Objectivist land and I think it would benefit the site to have a thread which welcomes it.

Can we have a sub forum dedicated to AnarchObjectivism?

Is there such a thing as Objectivist anarchy? My reckoning is the closest Objectivism can approach anarchism is to have limited government or "minarchy". Objectivism is similar to Hobbsean political theory in that it presumes that fully human life is not possible in the absence of government or authority. As the Hobbesians say, without government life would be nasty, brutish and short.

Ba'al Chatzaf

To be fair, there are many free-market anarchists who are also heavily interested in Objectivism and agree with many of its tenets. Maybe a subforum is too extreme, but an Anarch-Objectivist topic thread would be perfectly reasonable, even to non-anarchists like myself. There's lots of good discussion and debate in the Anarch-Objectivist land and I think it would benefit the site to have a thread which welcomes it.

Andrew,

Exactly my position.

Michael

Ah, I've been thinking a home for "Anarcho Objectivists," we have a subreddit http://www.reddit.com/r/anarchobjectivism, (and you can see the hundreds of articles on anarcho objectivism i and others have collected there) but I would like to have a place with profiles and all that. I love the community here, and I thought that since George H Smith is already here, this would be the perfect place :). I didnt mean for it to be a forum to promote anarcho objectivism, just somewhere to discuss it.

Ah, I've been thinking a home for "Anarcho Objectivists," we have a subreddit http://www.reddit.com/r/anarchobjectivism, (and you can see the hundreds of articles on anarcho objectivism i and others have collected there) but I would like to have a place with profiles and all that. I love the community here, and I thought that since George H Smith is already here, this would be the perfect place :smile:. I didnt mean for it to be a forum to promote anarcho objectivism, just somewhere to discuss it.

George is turning out an essay a week through the auspices of the CATO foundation. He puts them up here and elsewhere. He really likes this forum but doesn't seem currently to have time for standard forum give and take. He's not in his old Atlantis mode right now. Boy! Was that a place! Objectivism is impervious to anarchy, not libertarianism. Objectivism is mostly top down and libertarianism bottom up. Deductive vs. inductive? Libertarians have more fun. Darn it! It's the cancer of the analytic-synthetic dichotomy. Right here! Right now!

--Brant

the libertarians and the objectivists should be friends! (sung to the tune of Oklahoma)