Internet Video Publishing: A Beginner's Guide

Internet Video Publishing: A Beginner's Guide

by Robin Goode

This is literally a "guide." It is an outline of what you can do with home computer video and links to get the information you need about what you want to do. As I have been doing a lot of reading on all this recently, I can attest that this is one of the best set of links I have seen for anyone who wants to learn home computer video.

In this beginner's guide to Internet video publishing I take you through everything you need to know to get up and running. I take a look at:

• Creating your video - whether you want to make a video blog, live webcast, split screen interview, mashup or screencast
  • Editing, adding effects and exporting your video using both desktop and online applications
  • Where to publish your video and the differences between the services available
  • Monetizing your video - how to turn your efforts to profit
  • Licensing your video - the benefits of making it easy for people to share your content
  • Promoting your video - what to do when once your video is online if you want people to watch it
  • Additional resources you can use to find out more about publishing video to the web

I am learning this and I personally am starting with Camtasia for screencasting and Windows Movie Maker for editing mashups before I get into live shots. I lucked out and got a free version of Camtasia (version 3) during a 30 day promotion, but there are very good free screencasting programs out there like Camstudio and Wink. Camtasia is not very expensive, though (300 bucks for the lastest version). Goode also recommends Istanbul and Jing Project as good free options.

Michael