Renewal time - Cancelling Blogs

Kat

Well, it is annual renewal time again and for the past several years we have hosted both the forum and the blogs. Unfortunately, we will be closing down the blogs as it seems that they are not widely used and the cost is just too high for the blog module (we have been paying over $300 a year for that module alone). It's not cost effective at this point. If you have a blog or website, please post the url in your member profile so people can find it. If you have blog entries in an OL blog, please copy and paste the text into a Word document ASAP.

As you probably know, we started this as a free forum back in 2005 and switched to this platform for security reasons after we were hacked. This is a big financial hit at back to school time for us. If you can swing it, we would appreciate any financial help from the OL community to help pay for the forum. All you need to do is click the paypal donation button at the bottom of the page.

Thanks,

Kat

Let my words reflect what Kat said--all of it.

And in addition, here are some more.

Your support is appreciated more than you might imagine. As is typical for anyone coming from an Objectivist orientation, I dislike having to ask for it, but this forum and our little community is far more important than my feelings. And believe me, my gratitude is far greater than my dislike. We are building quite an important little project here. We can all be proud of it.

So thanks in advance for any sum you can come up with.

And if you can't or even if you don't want to, that's 100% OK.

OL exists without fear, without pain and without guilt. We're just glad that you're here.

Kat and I love you all.

Michael

Your support is appreciated more than you might imagine. As is typical for anyone coming from an Objectivist orientation, I dislike having to ask for it, but this forum and our little community is far more important than my feelings. And believe me, my gratitude is far greater than my dislike. We are building quite an important little project here. We can all be proud of it.

It is a good place for discussion and ranting and intercommunal understanding. Thanks for the opportunity to blog and for the opportunity to copy out my posts before they fuse.

I wonder how much the blog module costs per year, he said nosily, scrabbling for his cheque book.

Well, we did it and did the upgrade.

But I'm going to have to get used to this sucker.

At first blush, after the shock, I think this is actually going to be better. There is stuff and resources hidden in nooks and crannies all over the place. It's going to take some time to learn where everything is and get things set up right.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but, in terms of the upgrade, it's either this or get used to spammers showing up all the time.

Michael

Michael, you might want to discuss the changes, like how to "edit" a post. I finally figured it out. Keep up the good work.

Also, you might want to send your donations request to every subscriber, if you haven't already.

I just gave 25 bucks. Can you other folks equal or exceed that?

I am having transmission issues with Mediacom, my carrier. Hope this edit got thru.

Peter

Edited by Peter Taylor

Michael, you might want to discuss the changes, like how to "edit" a post. I finally figured it out. Keep up the good work....Peter

Peter, if you have figured out something that might work for others, or in general, please don't keep it to yourself! I'm having trouble making edits myself, ending up with no edit being made and an error message.

Suggestions, please!

REB