Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Just got in from seeing this at the 4 dollar theater and it was pretty good.

The Xenophobia was really on display in this one.

It reminds me of a question I would ask people-

What mythological creature would you like to see found in real life (I personally would love to see Mermaids found) After a discussion on what creatures they love then we talk about what if some individuals decided to cage this newly discovered creatures. Centaurs on display for example. Most of the time the person says that they would be against caging members of a new civilization..... except in the example of Giant spiders. Everyone agrees that if we found a colony of 6 foot giant spiders living in a remote part of the jungle, even if they are hundreds of miles from any human outpost, we should still firebomb the spiders land! The fear is real

What mythological creature would you like to see found in real life (I personally would love to see Mermaids found) After a discussion on what creatures they love then we talk about what if some individuals decided to cage this newly discovered creatures. Centaurs on display for example. Most of the time the person says that they would be against caging members of a new civilization..... except in the example of Giant spiders. Everyone agrees that if we found a colony of 6 foot giant spiders living in a remote part of the jungle, even if they are hundreds of miles from any human outpost, we should still firebomb the spiders land! The fear is real

Fear of spiders and snakes is primordial. It might be wired in.

Lest you start having nightmares, six-foot spiders are physically impossible. Weight varies as the cube of linear dimension while supporting strength (cross-sectional area of muscles and bones [or whatever hard parts invertebrates have]) varies as the square. I.e. if a creature becomes ten times as tall, it becomes a thousand times as heavy but only a hundred times as strong. A six-foot spider is maybe 200 times as tall as the ones we know. It's 40,000 times as strong but 8,000,000 as heavy. It couldn't even draw a breath.

I am a Scorpio! (Oct 21-Nove 21).

Spiders are cool! Insects suck!

Spiders are descendants of the original carboniferous age pre-cambrian Terran life forms. Insects are invaders from Mars. (Apologies to Philip K. Dick.) I live in Texas and as a security guard, I have walked patrols late at night and seen scorpions all over the place. No worries!

That being as it may...

We are living on the Planet of the Apes!!

We all need to share... Everyone is important... Us versus Them... Hunting and gathering are natural; but industry is evil. ... Vote for me, so that I get lots of females... No! I am a female. Vote for me, so that I can form coalitions of breeders! ... Us, them....

Derek asked:

What mythological creature would you like to see found in real life . . .

end quote

Winnie The Pooh? Sirens because that would supply evidence of ESP and mind control? Definitely not Godzilla. The show Grimm explores that question and is pretty good schlock. I especially like the acting of the character Monroe who plays a Wieder Blutbad or a human who can turn into a wolf like creature when he wants.

Derek asked,"What mythological creature would you like ro see in real life?"

Thor, returning from Asgard. On assignment from Odin (Ayn as consultant),....to do some serious butt-kicking. - For openers.....

• 2 weeks later...

Lest you start having nightmares, six-foot spiders are physically impossible. Weight varies as the cube of linear dimension while supporting strength (cross-sectional area of muscles and bones [or whatever hard parts invertebrates have]) varies as the square. I.e. if a creature becomes ten times as tall, it becomes a thousand times as heavy but only a hundred times as strong. A six-foot spider is maybe 200 times as tall as the ones we know. It's 40,000 times as strong but 8,000,000 as heavy. It couldn't even draw a breath.

They're still good for cheap black and white 1950s' type movies!

--Brant

along with flying saucers

• 3 weeks later...

Spiders are actually quite misunderstood.

http://listverse.com/2014/10/10/10-ways-spiders-are-just-misunderstood/

I for one would think Six Foot Spiders would be pretty cool. The silk would be an awesome thing to harvest because I am assuming it would be pretty darn strong. With regard to the question I would love to see the Chimera. They have always fascinated me because it is the perfect combination of one of the Strongest large predators (Lion) and one of the Strongest small predators (Snake). Plus the fire breathing just puts it over the top.

See the movie Enemy. You won't think 6-foot spiders are cool afterward. Actually, just watch the last 5 minutes of the movie Enemy.

As to Derek's question... unicorns! With sparkles!

I will definitely check it out. Lets just agree Unicorns with sparkles would so awesome it would be beyond words. :)