HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NATHANIEL BRANDEN

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NATHANIEL!

Your contributions to the field of psychology, to Objectivism, and to the advancement of human potential and individual liberty, are too numerous to mention, but the title and subtitle of one of your books gives a good summation:

"HONORING THE SELF: PERSONAL INTEGRITY AND THE HEROIC POTENTIALS OF HUMAN NATURE"

Happy Birthday Sir.

Breaking Free was exceptionally useful to me personally when I read it during my LIRR commutes.

It unstuck a conflict for me which allowed my mind to stay focused on my values and actualizing the pursuit of them.

Hope you are surrounded by good and productive thoughts today as you have provided them to many of us throughout your life.

Adam

• 1 year later...

The blond is Leigh, right? I met her the last time I saw Dr. Branden, but I didn't know who I was meeting, if you know what I mean. It was in 2003 or 2004.

Yes. Happy Birthday and thank you for "Breaking Free."

Participating in Dr. Branden's intensives in 1977 made a profound difference in my life. I would not have had even the possibility of being happy if I had not met Nathaniel. Many, many of the ideas in his books I have incorporated into my thoughts with positive effect. Though I was never successful with the sentence completion. My healthy, confident, aware and accomplished adult self gives my earlier confused and tortured earlier self visability and compassion and eases the pain almost to the point that I wonder what I was ever so bothered by. I have peace. Nathaniel Branden was the key to escaping the prison I had made of my own mind. Nathaniel, many many profound thanks and best wishes for your birthday and for many more to come.

• 11 months later...

Well, Nathaniel, Time flies when you're having fun.

I can't even begin to list all of your achievements in the fields of psychology, psychotherapy, and philosophy.

So, I'll just say,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

- Jerry