Hello!

Alexander Pack

"Nuts"--only I once read it wasn't the actual word the General used.

--Brant

I would be surprised also. However, that is the mythology that we accept.

"Fuck you." is much more believeable...

...my interest in philosophy was spurred at the age of 15 when a close friend and mentor recommended I read Atlas Shrugged. It was awesome - AS put words to things I had always known but couldn't articulate, and made me reflect a lot on my actions. Unfortunately, as a troubled teen I too often rationalized it and did not fully grasp (grok?) the various points being made, and I straddled the line into petty moralizng and outright evasion for a while. Over time, though, I've recognized and appreciated more and more the relationship between my willful choices, my passions, and my happiness, and I feel like I'm on a real upward trend.

Hi Alex,

Welcome to the forum. wave.gif

Hope you enjoy your visits here. I'm tracking with your own experience as my "gateway drug" was also Atlas Shrugged. I laughed, I cried, I stayed up all night unable to put it down... and ever since the day I opened that book my life has also been on an upward trend. :smile:

And don't mind the Punch and Judy routine of our regulars who jacked your thread. They're as harmless as their puppet counterparts... as long as you know when to duck.

Regards,

Greg

And don't mind the Punch and Judy routine of our regulars who jacked your thread. They're as harmless as their puppet counterparts... as long as you know when to duck.

Greg:

Remember this.

I was taught to anticipate the "ducking" you refer to on my second shot.

A...

Are there puppets around here?

What puppets?

Sockpuppets?

:smile:

Michael

Speaking of which, has anyone heard from the Valliants lately? Are they alive and well and still frantically zealous? Are they still meat-puppeting and playing their little games, all in the name of advancing Objectivism?

I think he has some serious health problems.

--Brant