Anatomy of a Tantrum - Scientists Deconstruct the Screams - Interesting...

I guess my old method of valiim in their formula is no longer proper...lol

Interesting study with the structure of the screaming acoustics.

Children's temper tantrums are widely seen as many things: the cause of profound helplessness among parents; a source of dread for airline passengers stuck next to a young family; a nightmare for teachers. But until recently, they had not been considered a legitimate subject for science.
Now research suggests that, beneath all the screams and kicking and shouting, lies a phenomenon that is entirely amenable to scientific dissection. Tantrums turn out to have a pattern and rhythm to them. Once understood, researchers say, this pattern can help parents, teachers and even hapless bystanders respond more effectively to temper tantrums — and help clinicians tell the difference between ordinary tantrums, which are a normal part of a child's development, and those that may be warning signals of an underlying disorder.

Video in the NPR article.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2011/12/05/143062378/whats-behind-a-temper-tantrum-scientists-deconstruct-the-screams?ft=3&f=111787346&sc=nl&cc=es-20111211

I guess my old method of valiim in their formula is no longer proper...lol

Interesting study with the structure of the screaming acoustics.

Children's temper tantrums are widely seen as many things: the cause of profound helplessness among parents; a source of dread for airline passengers stuck next to a young family; a nightmare for teachers. But until recently, they had not been considered a legitimate subject for science.
Now research suggests that, beneath all the screams and kicking and shouting, lies a phenomenon that is entirely amenable to scientific dissection. Tantrums turn out to have a pattern and rhythm to them. Once understood, researchers say, this pattern can help parents, teachers and even hapless bystanders respond more effectively to temper tantrums — and help clinicians tell the difference between ordinary tantrums, which are a normal part of a child's development, and those that may be warning signals of an underlying disorder.

Video in the NPR article.

http://www.npr.org/b...&cc=es-20111211

Stand by for one if the Court declares the mandatory purchase of health insurance unconstitutional.

The loudest of them will come from La Donna Quixote, the Lady Latina currently occupying a seat on the Court.

Ba'al Chatzaf