The Battle of Baghdad

Wolf DeVoon

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our Elected God-King Lord Obama has to appear to be doing something while actually doing almost nothing.

100 advisers vs over 100,000 Taliban.

But it's 300 advisers...now that will tip the scale in their favor.

If Great Britain had sent 300 of its Black Watch to aid the Confederates in the Civil War would that have changed the outcome?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Our Elected God-King Lord Obama has to appear to be doing something while actually doing almost nothing.

100 advisers vs over 100,000 Taliban.

But it's 300 advisers...now that will tip the scale in their favor.

If Great Britain had sent 300 of its Black Watch to aid the Confederates in the Civil War would that have changed the outcome?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ba'al

My last reply was in jest.

Ba'al

How am I supposed to know that. I do not read minds.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Shows how much you know...

The shipped product will already be upgraded to crude, we like to keep the sand and tar up here. In Canada we only have two seasons. Winter and road construction so we would use it.

So you think it is better to buy blood oil that helps fund terrorism? Guaranteed not one penny of oil bought from Alberta will be going to buy weapons in the Middle East.

Ba'al

How am I supposed to know that. I do not read minds.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Carnac you're not? Me neither. lol

J

J

Lol you say. It is not funny. My undies get twisted in a knot when you neuro-typicals blithely assume we can tell when you are joking.

J

Lol you say. It is not funny. My undies get twisted in a knot when you neuro-typicals blithely assume we can tell when you are joking.

Have you tried Calvin Klein briefs? Guaranteed no nots.

Lighten up a bit.

J

Shows how much you know...

The shipped product will already be upgraded to crude, we like to keep the sand and tar up here. In Canada we only have two seasons. Winter and road construction so we would use it.

So you think it is better to buy blood oil that helps fund terrorism? Guaranteed not one penny of oil bought from Alberta will be going to buy weapons in the Middle East.

Yes. One of us is certainly short of knowledge. The shipped product is dilbit (diluted bitumen). We send highly volatile (API 45) NGLs to Alberta, which is used to dilute your "upgraded" tar sand, without which it cannot flow into tank cars and pipelines. Dilbit is a high-cost mixture, although not quite as explosive as Bakken Light loaded with NGLs that crap Bakken producers don't properly separate at the wellhead. That's why Bakken train derailments like the one at Lac-Mégantic are always catastrophic.

The photo I posted is a mountain of petroleum coke at the Marathon dilbit refinery in Detroit. Keystone XL would expand shipment of Alberta's junk crude to Gulf Coast heavy oil refineries -- not to make gasoline or diesel for the low-margin, over-supplied domestic U.S. market, but for export sale to Europe and Latin America.

"Blood oil" is a leftist smear. Most of the Arabian and African crude goes to Japan, Korea, Germany, India, China and SE Asia.

Picture-18.png

Yeah it looks like that is where our crappy oil is going too seeing as you don't want it. Wait the refineries have already stated they would take every single drop we could produce. Value for value. This wouldn't even be an issue in an objectivist society. It is pretty much only Obama that has tied this in knots.

So government intervention is good?

Nice.

Yes indeed.

How many Americans have a fucking clue as to that segment chart.

I remember one of the decades when the Japanese were "buying America!"

A friend of mine who was an economist and I laughed. Our understanding was that the Brits own the most "land" in the US.

Not a clue as to whether that is still true.

A...

I was speaking about Keystone.

No you weren't. You repeatedly maligned me personally and thought yourself better informed, which you obviously aren't.

Here's the big picture on Keystone. The state of Nebraska raised objections because the proposed pipeline would transit a friable aquifer. That wasted two years. Meanwhile, environmental activists in Canada raised hell about carbon emissions and pollution at Ft McMurray. "Green" opposition to XL exists in both countries, led by high profile celebrities.

Ottawa-Tar-Sands-protest-e1317161335987.

In Alberta, an industry-friendly Responsible Energy Development Act gave the Alberta Energy Regulator authority to administer the Public Lands Act, the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act, and the Water Act. Enbridge and KinderMorgan offered to build pipelines to B.C., which local communities and First Nation tribes opposed. TransCanada's East Coast route has a better chance of success. All of which is internal government squabbling in Canada. Has nothing to do with U.S. exports. Oil production means tax revenue. Canadian environmentalists want to shut it down -- all of it -- and halt all exports.

r-OIL-SANDS-PROTEST-large570.jpg

Same thing on our side of the border. Environmentalists marched on the White House in protest, because tar sands oil is 30% "dirtier" than conventional oil, and they hate all fossil fuels anyway. There's nothing anyone can do to force the Obama Administration to approve XL -- construction of which has been repeatedly approved by various scientific, diplomatic and administrative agencies.

9-26-13-1.png

Four days ago, a Senate committee narrowly approved XL, and green lobbyists went ballistic: "The Keystone XL tar sands pipeline is all about politics and bad policy. Locking ourselves into a massive infrastructure to move the dirtiest oil on the planet for the next 50 years would greatly worsen carbon pollution—at a time when we’re facing growing and grievous costs wrought by climate change.” [NRDC]

Obama's EPA is shutting down coal-fired power plants for the same insane purpose of cutting carbon dioxide emissions. None of it has anything to do with me personally, or the oil industry, or anyone's best interests. We are being governed by faith-healers and morons.

Government Is A Quack Faith-Healer, The Laissez Faire City Times, Vol 3, No 16, April 19, 1999

We agree on something. For that matter if you want to reduce your carbon footprint(not that it matters) then they should be building Thorium reactors.

Yes Harper also approved the Northern Gateway Pipeline. This has all the environmentalists tripping balls. I am actually nervous on this one. Just looking at the narrow Douglas Strait and the probability of a super tanker ALWAYS being able to navigate it safely... If I were a bookie I wouldn't be taking those bets..

PS: it is not that you are better informed, it is my own lack of taking the time on my iPhone to reply at length.

PPS: I have worked in both the Alberta and BC oil industry for 26 years. For you to think you actually know more is kind of funny.

You are very well written and very knowledgeable though.

Anyways back to Baghdad.

"Un hijacking this thread". Start a new one if you want.

PPPS: I suppose I can play nice in the sandbox

Yes but who knows how long Venezuela will be a crippled cesspool. If they get their act together the big players may consider returning. This however could take a very long time.

Possible but unlikely. You are talking about South America, yes???

Ba'al Chatzaf.

Yes Bob.

Then you know the punch line of all those jokes ---- what do you expect? This is Chinatown (or the Middle East or South America). If someone told me the next great renaissance in human culture would originate in Haiti I would consider him daft.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Yes Bob.

Then you know the punch line of all those jokes ---- what do you expect? This is Chinatown (or the Middle East or South America). If someone told me the next great renaissance in human culture would originate in Haiti I would consider him daft.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Speakiing of Haiti... where did all the money reaised by Papa Bush and B. J. Clinton? Haiti appears to be worse than ever with allegedly a 70% unemployment rate and denuded forests.

A...