Don't talk to police.

Very nice. And correct.

In a couple of my community college crim classes, another student and I referred to this from the ACLU. One of our instructors said that we were guaranteeing to have our cars impounded and dismantled, while we spent the night in jail. We replied in unison, "I never consent to a search."

Very nice. And correct.

In a couple of my community college crim classes, another student and I referred to this from the ACLU. One of our instructors said that we were guaranteeing to have our cars impounded and dismantled, while we spent the night in jail. We replied in unison, "I never consent to a search."

[media=]

The "officer" threatened the young man with being raped in jail.

Some good info.

--Brant

Don't talk to police. 48:40

[media=]

I saw this a while back. Worth seeing again. One of the great eye-openers. I try to avoid watching videos. I don't have the time. This one is 48 minutes long. Nuff said.

--Brant

I keep forgetting not to use the Google spell check before first posting my posts. I just lost 30 minutes of work. It would have been my longest post this year.

--Brant

pissed, like any good narcissist

Edit: it was really too long and anecdotal with several different stories for benefit of my ego display. That post was to make everybody who might be interested upset like I'm--was--upset--that is, I'm taking revenge on innocent you! And if you don't give a flying f*** I got you too! People who say or think they don't give a flying f*** are pissed off also. Got ya! Bow, wow! Snap! Bite!--Bro!

I'm a terrible person, simply horrible--and don't take my word for it, go ask Mother Teresa. I denied her an audience in 1981 and called her an atheist--(both lies)--which she later confessed too--is she a saint yet? I'm an atheist (aka pantheist), but as a cultural WASP I've got no chance to be a saint unless I defenestrate Martin Luther--metaphorically--and convert to Roman anti-Christiandom! (That's right! The Pope is the anti-Christ! That's what my paternal grandfather thought and believed! He had his good reasons being an elder in the Seventh Day Adventist Church!)

(social over-doing it monkey, armored with truth and false modesty)

bonus: two questions: has anyone here ever felt love as a seemingly corporeal wave coming from another person? When it happened to me I was astounded, and in my forties. Have you ever been astounded by such--or love as such?

I'm glad I saw this.

I was wondering how to treat police in the USA. Albeit, I don't do the monkey-business I used to do in Brazil. So I will probably not have much of a reason to talk to them.

Well... Maybe traffic... The few times I have been pulled over in traffic (usually for an expired sticker or something--I can't seem to keep all those things straight since they are not in Portuguese :) ), I have noticed that being friendly does not do much except aggravate them. But if I ask in a stern voice, "Is there a problem, officer?", they generally get a lot less aggressive. I found that out by accident because I just blurted it out once.

There was one time a cop pulled me over and asked me if I hadn't seen his emergency lights. I had and had passed him because he was cockeyed on the road. I said, "Yeah, but I couldn't figure out what you were doing, so I just got out of your way." I said that in a lightly accusing manner. He looked at me with an odd expression on his face, then gave me back my license and said, "Next time, pay attention." And he let me go.

I don't feel like I am on top of any game with cops, though. That's a fool's game. I really like that guy's advice in the video--just don't talk to them.

I did things a lot differently back in Brazil.

Back in my drug days, I talked to the police all the time. I even hung out with a few.

In fact, I used to buy some righteous shit from them.

:)

Michael