Jimmy Moore vs Dr. John McDougall (low carb vs starch)

jts

In the little audio widget, Jimmy Moore interviews Dr. John McDougall. 38 minutes. On the same page are 4 short videos. You might want to view the videos first to get the context for the interview.

You know from the git go that there has to be a clash between them. Moore promotes low carb, high fat. McDougall promotes high carb, low fat, starch based. McDougall and vegsource made some videos bashing the low carb nutritionists, including Moore.

http://www.thelivinlowcarbshow.com/shownotes/7974/686-dr-john-mcdougall-explains-why-everyone-should-be-eating-starchy-carbs/

THE INTERVIEW

Nothing happens until 3:30.

The interview begins at about 4:20.

The conflict begins at about 12:30.

The conflict intensifies at about 19:30.

Transcript of the interview:

http://livinlavidalowcarb.com/blog/transcript-of-llvlc-show-686-dr-john-mcdougall-interview/18870

I am a protein man, myself. Give me flesh, and I shall thrive.

You are a study of one. And that is not peer reviewed. So it's ka ka.

It works for me.

It works for me.

+1

It works for me.

It works for me.

+1

It works for me.

Why is anecdotal evidence valid when it promotes a popular idea and not valid when it promotes an unpopular idea?

Why is anecdotal evidence valid when it promotes a popular idea and not valid when it promotes an unpopular idea?

Because Bob is inconsistent. :laugh:

Ellen

Anectdotal tales to convince others are very likely wrong. To see what is really the case requires careful analysis and in the end a well constructed double blind study.

What I said was: I like meat. That is a fact. I never told anyone what to eat or what not to eat.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Anectdotal tales to convince others are very likely wrong. To see what is really the case requires careful analysis and in the end a well constructed double blind study.

What I said was: I like meat. That is a fact. I never told anyone what to eat or what not to eat.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Granted that you didn't tell anyone what to eat or what not to eat, but your statements were not simple statements of personal preference ("I like meat") but instead assertions of causal efficacy:

It [a meat diet] works for me.

Ellen