One of the Things I Love About Sarah

Please someone look at the following and see if you can source the original, meaning Kerry actually referencing this photo. It is self explanatory. 

Michael

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://ww.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/running-transcript-secretary-of-state-john-kerrys-remarks-on-syr

Not sure if is in here...

Yes he makes reference to that picture in his presentation...the rows of bodies...dressed in white linen...

four (4) report released by O'Bama regime:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/08/30/government-assessment-syrian-government-s-use-chemical-weapons-august-21

The archetype I see in Sarah is a cross between Joan of Arc and Calamity Jane.

:smile:

Michael

Sometimes I think that anyone who can get himself elected should be deported. Oi.

Here is something that is not going to end well:

Sarah Palin PAC sued over Sept. 11 photo
By ASSOCIATED PRESS
September 13, 2013

From the article:

A New Jersey-based newspaper publisher is suing Sarah Palin and her political action committee for copyright infringement over the use of an iconic Sept. 11 photograph.

A lawsuit filed Friday in Manhattan federal court by North Jersey Media Group Inc. says Palin's SarahPAC posted a copy of the photo on its website and Facebook page without permission.

The photo depicts three New York City firefighters hoisting an American flag among the rubble at the World Trade Center after the attacks.

Under current copyright law and on first blush, the publisher might have a good chance of winning, but I doubt the full story is being told. Things like this normally start with a DMCA takedown notice sent to the site owner, not by going directly to court. And since that image is all over the Internet and has been for years, if the publisher is not making any efforts to remove it elsewhere, the cigar is going to blow up in his face.

Besides, the photo was used for a postage stamp during Bush's administration (see here), so there is a great case to make regarding the public domain. Here's the photo from Bush's photo-op:

9-11-firefighters-flag-stamp-issued.jpg

Oh my God. I just looked and the original is even on Wikipedia under fair use (see here).

So nobody knows what happened behind the scenes. Regardless, win or lose, I predict the backlash from this is going to surprise the publisher.

On a story war level, the folks behind this think they are attacking the image of Sarah's patriotism. Putting down the guns and bibles kind of thing. The way I believe it will hit the general public's emotions is as a direct attack on Sarah's right to be patriotic. And by implicit extension, their right.

In other words, an attempt at bullying.

What's worse is that photo is very easy to replace (just slip in a reproduction of the postage stamp), so, at best, this case will be seen in the general public as a tempest in a teapot.

Oh, the anti-Palin people will have some fun here, but that's about the extent of anti-Palin impact the publisher can realistically expect. I seriously doubt the average person will be swayed to hate her or feel she is mock-worthy by this stunt. On the contrary, I believe they will see her as a victim, ironically, the game the smear-merchants most like to play when attacking someone.

ExplodingCigar.jpg

Michael

Sarah just put this on her Facebook feed:

946731_10151878566573588_20694494_n.png

:smile:

Michael

I got to give her credit; she can hold my attention.

An impressive feat in itself.

Sarah's most recent Facebook post:

And here I am doing my Annie Oakley thing.

1176112_10151880363823588_920937351_n.jp

I find it great that she knows her archetype according to MSK.

The archetype I see in Sarah is a cross between Joan of Arc and Calamity Jane.

OK, OK, Calamity Jane and Annie Oakley are a bit different, but they are still Wild West frontier women. Now... Sarah needs to get up to speed on the Joan of Arc part. :smile:

Here is the article Sarah linked to in her Facebook post. Thematically related, but then goes broader.

As Freedom Destroys Itself
Laws can’t protect a society that has lost its way.
By Sarah Palin
September 20, 2013
National Review Online

From the article:

I’m proud of my frontier heritage, and I’ll fight vehemently against anything that would limit the constitutional rights of Americans. But I can certainly sympathize with the many well-meaning Americans who desperately feel the need to find a way to prevent these senseless killings. Who among us doesn’t feel sadness, anger, and even despair after these tragedies?

But we must remember that emotion won’t make anybody safer or protect our rights.

. . .

Instead of offering real solutions based on facts, reactionary politicians offer us the politics of emotion, which is the opposite of leadership. It is the manipulation of the people by the political class for their own political ends. It is so very self-serving, but, worse, it is destructive.

The first thing politicians ask after these tragedies is essentially: “What can we do to limit the freedom of the people?” And that is the wrong question.

The question we should be asking is: “What can we do to nurture and support a people capable of living in freedom?”

I'm not religious like Sarah is, but I say, "Amen to that."

btw - It's a good article. It speaks to the truth that freedom only works as a social structure for people who are concerned with morality.

Michael

By the way, like mother, like daughter.

Piper:

1231452_10151880362223588_637299238_n.jp

Michael

If I had a daughter, she would be just like Piper...wait, I do, and she is!

Attila is such an ass!

• 1 month later...

Sarah Palin found a novel way to turn down an interview request from Piers Morgan on Friday, posting a picture on Facebook of a bear she had shot dead and a note saying she was busy

The former Alaska governor thanked chat show host Morgan for inviting her on his 'shambolic show' but added she was 'kind of busy right now'.

The Facebook message, which had been liked by nearly 3,000 of Palin's supporters within two hours of it being posted, is part of an online spat between the pair after Morgan poked fun at her intellect.

Sarah Palin found a novel way to turn down an interview request from Piers Morgan on Friday, posting a picture on Facebook of a bear she had shot dead and a note saying she was busy.

The former Alaska governor thanked chat show host Morgan for inviting her on his 'shambolic show' but added she was 'kind of busy right now'.

The Facebook message, which had been liked by nearly 3,000 of Palin's supporters within two hours of it being posted, is part of an online spat between the pair after Morgan poked fun at her intellect.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is something I really do love about Sarah.

She makes jerks like Bashir say things like this:

MSNBC's Bashir: Someone Should Shit In Sarah Palin's Mouth, Piss In Her Eyes

<script height="267px" width="480px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=b171980b65ae4996bffea4da902c7846&ec=IzNTZiaDq4nISGIJYWwb2rgEMHRNrNDT"></script>

The more people like him say things like that, the less people in the middle listen to him.

Michael

What a schmuck! Slavery legally ended in 1865 and full civil rights were restored to Negroes in 1965.

A lot of Americans bled and died to put slavery down.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Here is something I really do love about Sarah.

She makes jerks like Bashir say things like this:

MSNBC's Bashir: Someone Should Shit In Sarah Palin's Mouth, Piss In Her Eyes

<script height="267px" width="480px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=b171980b65ae4996bffea4da902c7846&ec=IzNTZiaDq4nISGIJYWwb2rgEMHRNrNDT"></script>

The more people like him say things like that, the less people in the middle listen to him.

Michael

The quality of people who hate Sarah is a tribute to her character.

Greg

I'm posting this for the record as I don't believe in Bashir's sincerity.

I believe he is sorry for the public backlash, but not for expressing his puny spiteful little soul in a disgusting manner to smear someone.

I think he thought he could get away with it and let her rip. Now he's sorry he didn't get away with it, but at least he can milk the opportunity to show he is a person who is big enough to correct himself. Except I don't think he is. I think he is manipulating and soon will be back to his old petty self.

Maybe I'm wrong and maybe time will tell, but right now, I don't think so.

MARTIN BASHIR APOLOGIZES FOR BRINGING ‘SHAME’ TO MSNBC WITH GRAPHIC ATTACK ON SARAH PALIN

Michael

I just now listened to Bashir's apology. I had only read he apologized when I made my previous post.

He did it the way you are supposed to--without qualifications or technicalities and totally accepting the blame.

It sounded sincere.

I am still suspicious, but I do appreciate an apology when it is of that high quality, especially coming from one of the dark corners of MSNBC.

Let's see what time brings. I doubt it will ever bring my trust with Bashir, but a glimmer of respect is now on the table.

Michael

At least we know Cher has Bashir's back:

Cher Attacked by Conservative Media After Calling Sarah Palin the C-Word
by Paul Bond
1/18/2013
The Hollywood Reporter

From the article:

Cher tweeted on Friday: "Go to the dictionary, & look up the 'C' word, … next 2 the definition … you’ll see a pic of Sarah Palin! No … wait … she’s under dumb C word."

Sarah is a lightening rod for this kind of classy remark from the lefties.

I have run through all kinds of theories and speculations in my mind, and researched this, but I still have not found what causes the visceral hatred of Sarah in lefties. It's fundamental, like a preexisting condition. The only thing I know is it has something to do with the archetype and the core storyline. But I haven't put my finger on either to my satisfaction, yet.

Lefties hate Sarah a lot more than they hate someone like David Duke, the white supremacist. On a visceral level, you would think Duke would win hands down. But I never read anyone saying someone should shit in Duke's mouth and piss in his eyes. Mostly the lefties dismiss him.

Michael

I just now listened to Bashir's apology. I had only read he apologized when I made my previous post.

He did it the way you are supposed to--without qualifications or technicalities and totally accepting the blame.

It sounded sincere.

I am still suspicious, but I do appreciate an apology when it is of that high quality, especially coming from one of the dark corners of MSNBC.

Let's see what time brings. I doubt it will ever bring my trust with Bashir, but a glimmer of respect is now on the table.

Michael

I was just happy not to hear "if I've offended anyone, I'm sorry" which is a non-apology. He sounded suprizingly sincere.

Greg

Mostly the lefties dismiss him.

Is this not key? One dismisses a non-threat. One lashes out against a threat.

Correct.

The marxist left consistently will flag who they fear most by who they look to eviscerate by any means necessary.

Let's see which stupid, ignorant Republican Vice Presidential Candidate, ex-governor of Alaska and called a cunt by a left wing voice stated explicitely the the PPACA contained "death panels?"

Hmmm

The Affordable Care Act contains provisions for "death panels," which decide which critically-ill patients receive care and which won't, according to Mark Halperin, senior political analyst for Time magazine.

"It's built into the plan. It's not like a guess or like a judgment. That's going to be part of how costs are controlled," Halperin told "The Steve Malzberg Show" on Newsmax TV.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/11/25/mark_halperin_obamacare_contains_death_panels.html

Yes indeed, our lady of libertarians Sarah Palin...

A...

• 2 weeks later...

This is a little late in coming, but it happened:

Martin Bashir Resigns From MSNBC
by Tommy Christopher
December 4th, 2013
Mediaite

From the article:

Just over two weeks ago, MSNBC host Martin Bashir delivered a harsh piece of commentary that culminated in the suggestion that someone should “s-h-i-t” in former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin‘s (R-AK) mouth. Bashir offered an abject apology on his next broadcast, but a chorus of critics continued to demand action against the host. After a reported “vacation” for the host earlier this week, Bashir announced, in a statement to Mediaite Wednesday afternoon, that MSNBC and Martin Bashir are parting ways.

What next for Bashir?

Al Jazeera America and a pay increase?

:)

That's my speculation, but hey, I hear the cultural bridge to nowhere is paying boocoo money for TV talent.

These left-wing attack dogs never get punished for real.

They just change places for show to the gullible public they feel they have a mission from God to "administrate" because normal folks are too plain dumb and oppressed to take care of themselves on their own...

Michael