Secret Objectivist cult

I wanna make a secret Objectivist cult.

It's about that time. Does anybody have any ideas?

The cult attempts I have seen by a few folks at ARI and assorted mini-gurus online are simply pathetic. They get some parts right and other parts wrong. I don't think they get it wrong because of the reason and individualism in Objectivism, either. I think the cult-dudes-and-dames screw it up for no other reason than they are screw-ups.

So I am seeking a core group of cunning intelligent leaders to be the Galt Dwellers of the Inner Gulch Sanctum. Moi as guru, of course. We can expand from there.

Here's a pretty good blueprint I found on the web, although it will have to be adapted to fit Objectivist jargon:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Obviously, the mystical parts need to be cut out. But we can work around that. Notice how some of this fits the cult-making attempts of some other Objectivist groups like a glove, though? That's what makes me think it can be done right.

Move over, Rover. Top dog's comin' over!

Just for show to start with, we will probably need some cannon fodder er... marks er... followers. So in my reading on the web, studying James Arthur Ray's prospect profiles and those of the Moonies, I think we should target young people who show the following traits:

They are afraid to be alone.

They strongly feel like victims and want revenge.

They feel guilt about not being worthy.

They are prone to be naive and gullible.

They are open to accepting circular logic.

They like oversimplified ideas as answers to complex issues.

They long for an us against them group to belong to.

They handle money poorly and are used to asking others for money.

They are generally unresourceful.

They blow off facts to cling to milk-and-honey optimism.

We can mold this human clay to do whatever we want with minimum effort.

Let's go save the world in the name of Ayn Rand, folks.

Anyway, I could use the money...

:)

Michael

• Upvote 1

The cult attempts I have seen by a few folks at ARI and assorted mini-gurus online are simply pathetic. They get some parts right and other parts wrong. I don't think they get it wrong because of the reason and individualism in Objectivism, either. I think the cult-dudes-and-dames screw it up for no other reason than they are screw-ups.

So I am seeking a core group of cunning intelligent leaders to be the Galt Dwellers of the Inner Gulch Sanctum. Moi as guru, of course. We can expand from there.

Here's a pretty good blueprint I found on the web, although it will have to be adapted to fit Objectivist jargon:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Obviously, the mystical parts need to be cut out. But we can work around that. Notice how some of this fits the cult-making attempts of some other Objectivist groups like a glove, though? That's what makes me think it can be done right.

Just for show to start with, we will probably need some cannon fodder er... marks er... followers. So in my reading on the web, studying James Arthur Ray's prospect profiles and those of the Moonies, I think we should target young people who show the following traits:

Michael

Bwahahahaha!

Ba'al Chatzaf

I want to be the Grand Perigo. This is The One who initiates all the nubile females--performed, of course, in our Holy Francisco Chamber<tm>. It will involve a lengthy (and, I daresay, messy) ritual of some sort, whereby and wherefore I will bestow My "Special Blessing" upon (and maybe inside) them (on behalf of the entire Collective, of course, if only by proxy), as they lay prone on The Shroud of Lassie. Cocktails and meet/greet to follow in the Gaede Antechamber And Rumpus Room<tm>

And I think we need outfits, too. Robes, or something. I will shop Goodwill for a fez.

For the Chamber, we'll need to get our hands on a Jacuzzi that can handle a lukewarm oatmeal/pancake syrup mixture. The monkey and donkey could simply be rented until we can afford our own ones.

This is a big undertaking, Michael. Decoder rings, secret handshakes...details will eat you alive if you aren't careful.

rde

There Can Only Be One

Edited by Rich Engle

Wait, how would you sell the idea Michael? What voodoo jedi mind-trick would you use that hasn't been offered out there on the shortcut to happiness/salvation market?? Remember, copyrights and patents... Damn, I could be sued for mentioning voodoo and jedi mind-trick... :blink:

Edited by David Lee

Speaking of secret -- and not-so-secret -- Objectivist cults, here is a forthcoming talk that you might want to consider making a trip out here to La-La-Land in order to hear it in person...reb

LAON April Salon: Objectivist Fundamentalism

Hosted By: Bob Balocca and Scott Schneider

Mark your calendars for the second LAON salon of the year on Sunday, April 11th. Barbara Branden will present on "Objectivist Fundamentalism." I'll add more details here (such as a time) as we get closer to the date.

Feel free to invite more people. Click on "Invite Additional Guests" or copy and paste the URL into a browser.

Date & Time:

Sunday, April 11. Time TBD

Add to Calendar Location:

Bob's Mansion

3719 Beverly Ridge Drive

Sherman Oaks, CA

I want to be the Grand Perigo. This is The One who initiates all the nubile females--performed, of course, in our Holy Francisco Chamber<tm>. It will involve a lengthy (and, I daresay, messy) ritual of some sort, whereby and wherefore I will bestow My "Special Blessing" upon (and maybe inside) them (on behalf of the entire Collective, of course, if only by proxy), as they lay prone on The Shroud of Lassie. Cocktails and meet/greet to follow in the Gaede Antechamber And Rumpus Room<tm>

And I think we need outfits, too. Robes, or something. I will shop Goodwill for a fez.

For the Chamber, we'll need to get our hands on a Jacuzzi that can handle a lukewarm oatmeal/pancake syrup mixture. The monkey and donkey could simply be rented until we can afford our own ones.

This is a big undertaking, Michael. Decoder rings, secret handshakes...details will eat you alive if you aren't careful.

rde

There Can Only Be One

The Magdalene Ritual, huh...

Michael

Sounds like 'rubes' is the word ye looking for... :lol:<_<

I can't view the video from work, but the rest has me hooked!

Sign me up soonest. Will a $20 bill do?

Haha!

~ Shane

Well, it’s no damn secret anymore! And you know what happens to people who violate the first two rules of Fight Club: comehere.gif

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osWtIbSgAQQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osWtIbSgAQQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osWtIbSgAQQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

“Beware of faking: people will believe you.”

Umberto Eco, Foucault’s Pendulum, p.525

I want to be the Grand Perigo. This is The One who initiates all the nubile females

Grand Perigo? Nubile females? Eh?

Rich, would you please not discriminate against females who are a few years (hell - decades) beyond nubile? There are many of us and we'll come back to get you kicked out of the cult. There's no life outside the cult.

Ginny

My Dearest Ginny-

This, your heartfelt writing, is correct; My indiscriminate (or overly-discriminate, depending on how you look at it) use of the word "nubile" regarding female initiates. Allow Me to clarify Myself, briefly.

1. Most importantly, All are Welcome. And, relatedly--

2. Still, there must, nay ~will~ be a screening process of some sort. I'm getting a lot of flack from the ad hoc committee in charge of "female aesthetics" (they remain unnamed, but something along this line) vis-a-vis this front (I call it "The Bone of Contention<tm>). See Brant on this. It is fairly well-known that my preferences, as-of-late, have involved "mature" women, almost exclusively (the youngest being fifty, when I first met her and ruined her psyche). Bottom line: All Are Welcome, moreso if you are still "shakin' what yo' mama gave you," as it is said Down South.

Off-record: I mean, there have to be minimum standards. My worst fears involve situations where I politely decline membership (upon closer inspection) when I run into things like strange, hairy neck-growths and such (e.g., like the one Elvis' mother had and he assigned a pet name to) <--ending sentence w/ preposition. Additionally, I think it is fair for all of us to concede that hygiene is always, and will always be, a baseline to which we all should adhere. And this goes for the menfolk, as well. Hint: don't leave the barn door open too long after a good rodeo.

ADDENDUM: It has crossed my mind that, for the "greater good," we create a mentoring program, whereby the elder women teach the younger. I would monitor this tightly; observe, videograph for our Archives, and possibly participate.

I hope I have made my position clearer-er.

RDE

Grand Perigo, MSK Enterprises, LTD

Still getting used to capitalizing all references to Myself

Edited by Rich Engle

I hope I have made my position clearer-er.

Clear as an Operating Thetan. BTW the billing department says you're behind on your payments for your auditing courses. You want to cross the Bridge, don't you? The Rehabilitation Project Force is expecting your presence at the Clearwater office tomorrow morning for...a little chat.

Just to make it easy on Rich, I volunteer to initiate the not so nubile females.

EDIT: or, if he prefers, I'll initiate the nubile females while he initiates the mature females.

Question to Ginny: would you be interested in initiating the males, mature, nubile or otherwise? After all All are Welcome.

Jeffrey S.

There are four gates to one palace; the floor of that palace is of silver and gold; lapis lazuli & jasper are there; and all rare scents; jasmine & rose, and the emblems of death. Let him enter in turn or at once the four gates; let him stand on the floor of the palace. Will he not sink? Amn. Ho! warrior, if thy servant sink? But there are means and means. Be goodly therefore: dress ye all in fine apparel; eat rich foods and drink sweet wines and wines that foam! Also, take your fill and will of love as ye will, when, where and with whom ye will! But always unto me.

Edited by jeffrey smith

Also, take your fill and will of love as ye will, when, where and with whom ye will! But always unto me.

Is that the Song of Solomon or Aleister Crowley?

"Clear as an Operating Thetan. BTW the billing department says you're behind on your payments for your auditing courses. You want to cross the Bridge, don't you? The Rehabilitation Project Force is expecting your presence at the Clearwater office tomorrow morning for...a little chat."

These are minor matters, let's just keep them under the "storming and norming" category. In any event, I have put the first stake in the ground; I remain stalwart in maintaining my position (to address other comments involving me needing assistance in said process).

Roger, if I may advise-- in your position, just stick to the basics: cook the books, let me proceed. Let Us not revert to what Sage NB calls "the military command and control process;" this will only kill the fetus pre-birth.

BTW, are you running Excel spreadsheets? Please monitor donations carefully, I'm still trying to eke out funds for our budget for the Jacuzzi<tm>; this being vastly important to all of us who are focused upon letting "the missle hit the mark," as it has been said.<--nudge, nudge, wink-wink.

I will not make the meeting, nor should you, since you must create some kind of music committee--already we are without an opening praise hymn (at the least) for our various public affairs; funerals, processions, and such.

rde

Head N****r In Charge (HNIC) until MSK gets out of the press interviews.

Edited by Rich Engle

We need help across the service committees, folks:

In order to validate Ourselves and do this overall Rightly, sacred relics must be obtained, to wit:

1. The Hand of Peikoff

This was last seen in a miniature sepulcher somewhat resembling a Corona cigar box, under this unfortunately-fallen-Saint's own bed (I will not share the observer's name, but surely she was scorned, and the information was picked up in a chatroom where she was going off about his Member resembling "a flacid pencil, like one of those fake rubber ones you use for magic shows.") He might have auctioned it off (check e-Bay, etc.). Reports have it (the Hand, I mean) as appearing skeletal, dessicated. In any event if we get it it will be easy to pop the lock and verify via DNA testing. My suggestion here is to bury it beneath one of our altars.

2. O'Connor's Last Vomit

This one is hazy, viscous, nearly untraceable. Last seen in a Mason Jar somewhere in Queens.

3. The Greenspan Toenail Clipping Collection.

Expansive, long, sharp (use caution when examining). Last seen at the Cheyney compound.

This is the top three hitlist, there are others.

RDE

Grand Perigo

Tired of Doing The Work of Others

Edited by Rich Engle

I stuck to (what I think are) well known Scientology terms, WTF RU talking about? I’m afraid to find out what “N****r” is supposed to mean.

All donations in excess of goal are to fund MSK’s Tech-Dev bonus, as any pre-Clear would know. We hate having to spell such things out, but if the Rehabilitation Project Force is not satisfied tomorrow, we’ll have to conclude that you’ve evolved from Potential Trouble Source to a Suppressive Person. You’ll lose your e-meter, and even Werner Erhard won’t have anything to do with you when we’re done.

Hmmm - I see a Cougar Committee (I'm sure Barbara would love to chair) to check the eligibility of the men. I mean really, what exactly are your qualifications?

I stuck to (what I think are) well known Scientology terms, WTF RU talking about? I’m afraid to find out what “N****r” is supposed to mean.

All donations in excess of goal are to fund MSK’s Tech-Dev bonus, as any pre-Clear would know. We hate having to spell such things out, but if the Rehabilitation Project Force is not satisfied tomorrow, we’ll have to conclude that you’ve evolved from Potential Trouble Source to a Suppressive Person. You’ll lose your e-meter, and even Werner Erhard won’t have anything to do with you when we’re done.

Would it help if we replicated one of those clay tables they use?

As far as building a box, or other higgy-magoo machine, this is a small matter (other than determining whether or not we wish to apply voltage, or not, to them, under said process. Amperage is big, here. It is a fine line when you shock your monkey; you want them "just so;" not quite gone but still malleable (sp?).

RDE

They Are Clear When I Say So

"How about new tennis shoes to prepare for the next coming of a comet? I would like Nike's, if I get to choose"

You have to go with Dr. Hunter S. Thompshon on this one; he (it seems. for whatever reason), preferred Converse<tm Converse<tm>.

RDE

Revolting against the revolt against the revolt against, uh...whuh?

Also, take your fill and will of love as ye will, when, where and with whom ye will! But always unto me.

Is that the Song of Solomon or Aleister Crowley?

Uncle Al, of course (although he would insist that Aiwaz get the proper credit). Who else could write such purple prose?

And moreover knew a thing or two about starting a cult, and initiating the ladies into them...

Jeffrey S.

Um, sloppy, sloppy, sloppy, folks:

We were asked if twenty dollars would be sufficient as a membership (I mean, um..."Love Offering") and unless one the anarcho-capitalists simply absconded with it, it may be uncollected funds. Somebody better get on this.

Update on the Relics Search.

WANTED:

The Perigo Baton

This is purportedly the first of only a few used by The Dark Fat Mouthy One for air-conducting demonstrations at several of His Evil Foppish Gatherings. We believe it to be fiberglass, white with cork handle, and of low quality. It is likely to smell rather odd at the end, sort of like when you lick a penny, that sort of thing. Treasure seekers should consider having some kind of containment cylinder with them for safe transport. In any event, we need this secured, once and for all, before more damage is done, if you know what I mean.

Thank You, Blessed Be,

rde