Suggestion

I think the login process on the forum would be made easier by adding a box for "I've forgotten my name."

Not username, just...name.

Have you thought of either:

1) writing it on a 3 x 5 card and taping it to the bottom of your computer screen; or, in the alternative,

2) tatooing it on a clearly visible body part which can lead to interesting converstion and is rather difficult to misplace.

Adam

always helpful with needle play...

I think the login process on the forum would be made easier by adding a box for "I've forgotten my name."

But can't you just stay logged in? That way you don't have to remember anything...path of least resistance etc.

But can't you just stay logged in? That way you don't have to remember anything...path of least resistance etc.

No, that's the thing. There used to be a "keep me signed in" box but since I got reconnected it has disappeared.

Just South of Toronto...

It is just under the password rectangle if your sign in screen is the same as mine...

Just South of Toronto...

It is just under the password rectangle if your sign in screen is the same as mine...

Yes, it is checked but I still don't get remembered and have to sign in again everytime.

Carol:

You have to check the box in the computer, not on the screen with a black highlighter...

676621pma0e0r7xd.gif

Just South of Toronto...

Yes, it is checked but I still don't get remembered and have to sign in again everytime.

Are you resetting your browser, clearing cookies, deleting temporary files, etc., between visits to OL? If so, that's probably the problem.

J

Just South of Toronto...

Are you resetting your browser, clearing cookies, deleting temporary files, etc., between visits to OL? If so, that's probably the problem.

J

No, I am not doing those things - do you mean I should be doing them and that would fix it?

No, I am not doing those things - do you mean I should be doing them and that would fix it?

I meant that you should not be doing those things if you want to be "remembered."

Hmmm... Are you clicking the "sign out" button before leaving? If so, you shouldn't be doing that either if you want to stay logged in.

J

I meant that you should not be doing those things if you want to be "remembered."

Hmmm... Are you clicking the "sign out" button before leaving? If so, you shouldn't be doing that either if you want to stay logged in.

J

Nope. Tis a puzzlement. I used to stay logged in before, but not now, doing all the same things.

Nope. Tis a puzzlement. I used to stay logged in before, but not now, doing all the same things.

Well, then, the only thing that I can think of is that your browser's preferences have been changed so that they automatically delete certain temporary files or histories when you close or quit the application. Or your browser is set to not accept certain temporary files.

J

Carol,

Thak a look at this page, "Problems Staying Signed In." This deals with Google, but the principles should be the same for OL.

http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?answer=54490

Three possible fixes are recommended, along with instructions.

1) Make sure that your cookies are enabled. (I love Internet jingo.)

2) If they are, then clear your browser cache.

3) If this doesn't work, then delete your browser cookies.

If you delete the cookies, then you will need to sign in again on all the sites you visit, but once you do this you should stay signed in. In theory, at least. :cool:

Ghs

Off topic

Daunce, I am sure your cookies are just fine.

I was just watching Jeopardy and a contestant said she had taken up “Bollywood” dancing, and it got me thinking about its similarity to “Flash Mobs.” The better Flash Mobs are reenactments of the scenes we used to see in old Hollywood musicals or in current Bollywood musicals.

Peter

(from Wiki: Bollywood is the informal term popularly used for the Hindi-language film industry based in Mumbai (formerly known as Bombay), Maharashtra, India. The term is often incorrectly used to refer to the whole of Indian cinema; it is only a part of the total Indian film industry, which includes other production centers producing films in regional languages.[1] Bollywood is the largest film producer in India and one of the largest centers of film production in the world.)