Who to Blame for James Foley Killing?

Who to Blame for James Foley Killing?

Here is the tasteless thread for the day.

Who are people blaming for the beheading of James Foley?

My purpose in starting this thread is not to belittle what happened to James Foley. That was monstrous. I believe he was beheaded by the person in the video and/or helpers for no other fundamental reason than they are evil murderers. They chose to do that.

Everything else is blah blah blah.

But look at the amount of blah blah blah out there. Everybody is promoting some kind of agenda. I don't think the brother, Michael Foley, has any agenda other than grief, but I am listing his comments since other people are echoing what he says and spinning it.

I was going to publish links, but readers can Google whatever interests them. There's a ton-load out there. Too much. Making a selection is a major job all by itself. And almost all of it is appalling if you start looking at the agendas.

1. Jihadi John. People have to make a cool-sounding name for that scumbag. He might be a rap artist among other suspects, but the news is focusing on the rap artist angle.

2. Foley's brother, Michael Foley, says it was partially James himself for volunteering to go first among the captives (that was the kind of person he was).

3. Michael Foley also says it was partially the US government due to the policy of not paying ransom to kidnappers.

4. Fringe people say the murder was staged for various reasons and not-so-fringe people say the murder happened off camera.

5. Other fringe (and not-so-fringe) people blame it on Internet users who pass videos and pictures around online, a culture that has become desensitized to violence, and so on.

6. The Islamic fringe thinks the execution might be faked--a ruse by the MI6 or another western intelligence agency--to discredit Muslims. And Foley might be an accomplice to the ruse. Some go so far as to claim this ties into the creation of ISIS, which they claim was engineered by Hillary Clinton, and that the head of ISIS is actually an agent of Mossad.

7. The conservative fringe says it was a Gitmo detainee.

8. Chuck C. Johnson (a conservative commentator) says it was ISIS, but that Foley was a coward for what he said on his knees (blaming America and President Obama) before the execution.

9. Daniel Greenfield (a fervent anti-Islamist commentator) blames Foley himself for supporting and consorting with Syrian Sunni terrorists. That Foley got bit for keeping pet rattlesnakes, so to speak.

10. ISIS blames US airstrikes in Iraq and the will of Allah.

11. The Syrian government says it blames the Free Syrian Army, who it says, arrested Foley, then sold him to ISIS. And that Foley was really executed a year ago.

12. Pope Francis says Foley was a martyr for God, so it was obviously Satan.

13. Eric Holder says it was a criminal, not an enemy terrorist.

14. Obama is still being briefed on the golf course, but says America will not forget and justice will be done. He suspects social media and the nightly news are partly to blame. And probably ISIS.

15. Eric Roberts (actor and brother of Julia Roberts) says it was George Bush, "the forgotten president."

There's more stuff, but I gotta stop.

My BS meter is blowing out on overdrive.

Michael

I believe he was beheaded by the person in the video and/or helpers for no other fundamental reason than they are evil murderers. They chose to do that.

Everything else is blah blah blah.

Michael

You said it all, Michael. If not Foley, it would have been someone else. All the casting about for a justifying cause when there's no cause, apart from "haters will hate", is not only pathetic, but tries to sanction and placate the killers also. Appeasement or perceived appeasement, in any way, would be immoral by the West, and will bring about the worst from these sub-animals.

At the supermarket checkout, The Globe blames President Obama and calls for his impeachment. Now, The Globe is lower than low and commoner than common, and therefore I found their front page editorial interesting to perceive.

Myself, I blame ISIS for killing him.

Chuck Norris read "The Miracle of Freedom: 7 Tipping Points That Saved the World," by Chris Stewart and Ted Stewart. Chuck wrote:

The seven tipping points that the Stewarts discussed remind us that each of those who fought for freedom through the ages has -- in some way or another -- made it easier for us to grab the baton of liberty. But the fact is that each country must fight to preserve freedom; otherwise, it will unravel one thread at a time. Like a frog in a kettle, we won't realize it's over until it's too late. That is exactly the boiling point the U.S. is at with radical Islam and other extremist powers in the world, and the only way out is through stronger leadership in Washington.

Kaufman noted the only way out: "Count on worse to come until Americans elect a neo-Reaganite president who will renounce the Carteresque foreign policy of Barack Obama."

That reminds me of a video that my wife, Gena, and I made in 2012. We cited these words from Reagan, which are truer today than even back when he said them:

"You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."

I ask again: Is history going to repeat itself? Is it already doing so?

end quote

Chuck may be a fighter and movie star but he is no dummy. Our biggest recent worry has been terrorism, but now we have Russias armies on the march, and an Islamic army gathering strength. Until recently we were supposedly ready to fight a conventional war. But who in the hell wants that? Do we need to fight a conventional war . . . again?

Peter

Thomas Sowell wrote in his column today:

But, when he later wrote a small autobiography, Coolidge explained the inherent dangers in the office of President of the United States, especially when one person remains in the White House too long.

"It is difficult for men in high office to avoid the malady of self-delusion. They are always surrounded by worshippers. They are constantly, and for the most part sincerely, assured of their greatness.

"They live in an artificial atmosphere of adulation and exaltation which sooner or later impairs their judgment. They are in grave danger of becoming careless and arrogant."

Of presidents who served eight years in office, he said, "in almost every instance" the last years of their terms show little "constructive accomplishments" and those years are often "clouded with grave disappointments."

Another president chosen for demographic representation (whether by race, sex or whatever), and further insulated from criticism and from reality, is the last thing we need.

end quote

That is an obvious dig at Hillary, or a candidate based on his Spanish heritage or some other reason other than competence.

Is it time to start the countdown to Nov. 2014 AND 2016?

Peter

...Our biggest recent worry has been terrorism, but now we have Russias armies on the march, and an

Islamic army gathering strength. Until recently we were supposedly ready to fight a conventional war.

But who in the hell wants that? Do we need to fight a conventional war . . . again?

Peter

Hate too butcher a quote, look West young man!

China is expanding it's scope in the Pacific...

Pakistan is on the verge of collapse, you remember the Paki's. President Barack Hussein O'bama, winner of the Nobel Peace Prize, stated, when he was a candidate, that he would bomb the Ben Laden boys in

Pakistan which basically establishes that he is clueless about international relations.

So, get ready because the Nobel Peace Prize winner is going to:

ill