Do you want a taste of true enthusiasm for a candidate for president?

GALTGULCH8

Yep...great point. It's not like we have seen reactions like this before...well, maybe...

Remember, you can always judge a candidate by the screaming hysterical crowds that slavishly adore him!

Right?

Instead of elections why not choose the President by who gets the loudest applause. I remember that is how they chose the winners on the Arthur Godfrey Talent Show.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Evita! Evita! Evita! Sarah! Sarah! Sarah! Political rallies are pep rallies where enthusiasm is for idealists. A large number of emotional youths must be for a candidate for her or him to get spontaneous chants of support that are more than perfunctory. I can’t ever imagine such enthusiasm for muddle of the road’ers like Bob Dole, or John McCain. Fortunately for us Obama has lost his luster. I saw him at that high school recently where the kids were less than enthusiastic for him and many snickered. I smell lame duck cooking.

Ron Paul’s speech making is not memorable and his mannerisms are just too eccentric.

As horrible as the Nazis were, they knew the dynamics of people. They knew how to plan and execute a rally. It was happenstance that they also got a messiantic speaker.

Peter Taylor

Evita! Evita! Evita! Sarah! Sarah! Sarah! Political rallies are pep rallies where enthusiasm is for idealists. A large number of emotional youths must be for a candidate for her or him to get spontaneous chants of support that are more than perfunctory. I can’t ever imagine such enthusiasm for muddle of the road’ers like Bob Dole, or John McCain. Fortunately for us Obama has lost his luster. I saw him at that high school recently where the kids were less than enthusiastic for him and many snickered. I smell lame duck cooking.

Ron Paul’s speech making is not memorable and his mannerisms are just too eccentric.

As horrible as the Nazis were, they knew the dynamics of people. They knew how to plan and execute a rally. It was happenstance that they also got a messiantic speaker.

Peter Taylor

Yep, those antics sure were messy.

Couldn't resist.

Instead of elections why not choose the President by who gets the loudest applause. I remember that is how they chose the winners on the Arthur Godfrey Talent Show.

Ba'al Chatzaf

We do that. The process is called an election. "Su vota es su voz." Your vote is your voice and the side with the most voices outshouts the other fans of the other contestants.

Another way to look at it is warfare: assuming equal weapons and tactics, the side with the biggest army wins and we avoid the cost of conflict.

Compare that to how the market works. Everyone gets what they want. If you do not get what you want, you can create it for yourself ... and then offer it to others who share your preferences (if any); but you can have a market of one, if you want. You cannot do that with politics. Like warfare, it is a zero-sum game.

Evita! Evita! Evita! Sarah! Sarah! Sarah! Political rallies are pep rallies where enthusiasm is for idealists. ... Ron Paul’s speech making is not memorable and his mannerisms are just too eccentric. As horrible as the Nazis were, they knew the dynamics of people. They knew how to plan and execute a rally. It was happenstance that they also got a messiantic speaker. Peter Taylor

Again,not at all like shopping at the local farmer's market, going to Wal-Mart, checking out a boutique, and walking around downtown window shopping. All the while other people do other things. Never met a Wal-Mart greeter who demanded a sacrifice from me to build a Thousand Year Wal-Mart...

... and the Nazis lost their war to a nation whose king couldn't speak two sentences without stuttering.... (Well, that the Nazis chased out all their Jewish scientists and built their own atomic bomb with Aryan science. Oh...) We call it "goosestepping" for a reason and the silly gaggles flocking to politicians like Ron Paul and Barack Obama are marching to the beat of a well-known drummer, unfortunately all too close...